pfHmfEt.png

Away:
AYBG2av.png

Alternate:
daLcvVj.png

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Broncos DC Wade Phillips said Sylvester Williams has "taken over" the nose tackle position.

"Sly has been exceptional," Phillips said. "I'm really pleased with where he is." A first-round pick in 2013, Williams struggled to find a role in the Broncos' old 4-3 scheme and was eventually benched in favor Malik Jackson last season. Though Williams is not the prototypical 3-4 nose tackle at just 6'2/313, he is a nice fit in Phillips' less traditional one-gap scheme. Williams could be ready for a breakout season.

Source: denverbroncos.com

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree

We will know what we have in Latimer soon too
Look at the Super Bowl this year, how valuable are WR's really?

I know Edelman, Amendola, Baldwin and Kearse are all more than serviceable receivers, and underrated to an extent, but they're not DT and most of them probably aren't even Sanders. What I'm saying is, you don't NEED a stud WR to contend, and we have the talent in our D and run game to let go of DT and still contend

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Definitely agree

L Fitz is the closest I have ever seen to a WR carry a team and he still had Warner
Funny you mention Fitz, because I can easily see DT turning into the next Larry Fitzgerald without Manning. And in no disrespect to Fitz that is, but when i started following the NFL around 2008ish, all the talk was Fitzgerald was the best WR out, but when Warner left, you had a top tier WR with no one to throw the ball to him, and I can see the same thing with DT not living up to expectations. Would not be sensible to give him such money until he has proven how valuable he really is

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
A source tells PFT it's "not likely" unsigned franchise player Demaryius Thomas gets a long-term extension by Wednesday's deadline.

Thomas and Dez Bryant are in the same boat. If an extension isn't done by Wednesday's NFL-imposed deadline, they'll be forced to play out 2015 on a one-year, $12.82 million franchise tender. Unlike Dez, however, Thomas has not threatened any kind of holdout. Demaryius would break the bank in 2016 free agency if he gets to market, likely landing a Calvin Johnson kind of deal (eight years, $150 million with $60 million guaranteed).

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com

Back