List Mgmt. Departing; (Keep all Higgins, Jones and Tutt talk in here).

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you blokes realistically expecting to get from carlton for Tutt & Jones - Really hard to gauge their worth

I would of thought jones #35-#45 and Tutt #50-#60 would that be about right
Tutt - late useless pick. Can't really ask for anything for him, which is a bit disappointing.
Jones - We'll want a bit more. Dalrymple mentioned we were pretty far apart with Carlton with the deal. We'd want their 2nd round pick, might have to settle for their 3rd if nothing happens. Well within our rights to ask for a bit more than their 3rd round pick. Key forwards coming into their prime with the attributes Jones has don't come around often.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Tutt - late useless pick. Can't really ask for anything for him, which is a bit disappointing.
Jones - We'll want a bit more. Dalrymple mentioned we were pretty far apart with Carlton with the deal. We'd want their 2nd round pick, might have to settle for their 3rd if nothing happens. Well within our rights to ask for a bit more than their 3rd round pick. Key forwards coming into their prime with the attributes Jones has don't come around often.
Agree just mention to them that they stole richmonds 2nd rounder for Hampson and Jones has to be worth more

KnaveyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Agree just mention to them that they stole richmonds 2nd rounder for Hampson and Jones has to be worth more

And Wayne Hughes stole our first rounder by wasting it on Hampson! There are a lot of people to blame in Hampson's career lol

On a serious note, don't want to overpay for Jones. He'd be handy, but I don't see what he offers that we don't already get from Casboult. If Kreuzer/Henderson remain uninjured, we get Jaksch, and Casboult continues to perform, Jones may find himself still playing VFL, just in different colours.

And Wayne Hughes stole our first rounder by wasting it on Hampson! There are a lot of people to blame in Hampson's career lol

On a serious note, don't want to overpay for Jones. He'd be handy, but I don't see what he offers that we don't already get from Casboult. If Kreuzer/Henderson remain uninjured, we get Jaksch, and Casboult continues to perform, Jones may find himself still playing VFL, just in different colours.

I thought your interest in Jones meant that the Northern Blues are determined that Footscray not win back to back VFL Premierships. :cool:

Just kidding...

Higgins on SEN today - Johnno asked him whether his leaving had anything to do with rumours of unrest. He replied that there have been lots of rumours, some true and some not, but he didn't want to say any more about that, other than it was not what caused him to leave. Think he said he just needed a change.

Deep Blue

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2007
The Como Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Well good luck to him either way but most of us wont hold our breath. Saving a few decent games in the VFL he made little impact where it counted when we badly needed him to step up.

On paper it's hard to ignore Jones, but then that was also the case with Hampson at Carlton! Jones has been in the system for 6 years now and surely he must realise he is well and truly on borrowed time - being 198cm tall only gets you so far. I have my doubts given the talk from Bulldogs supporters of Jones being very inconsistent (his career to date certainly shows that - a lot more "down" days than "up" days for my liking) and even lazy! Malthouse won't forgive laziness - I know that! I assume Malthouse must think he can extract something out of Jones in a new environment - time will tell.

Got a feeling Robinson (certainly not lazy, but a bit of a wild-one on and off the field) will land at the Dogs as part of the deal for Jones and Tutt.

Robinson won't pass the culture test. We lost interest in Jasksh for being late to an interview, a drop kick like Robinson has no chance

I don't believe the late for an interview story Ant. There are other reasons, mostly to do with the kid being a little full of himself.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So effectively Norf pursuing Higgins has cost them (Norf) a tough, 2nd in the BnF inside ball winner who would've signed with them a few months ago if asked. Man are they (Norf supporters) gonna ride Higgo hard for every bad game he plays (I predict there'll be a few one of which will be when Pickers gets a hold of him). Is this Karma or being careful what you wish for? Out of the frying pan and into another frying pan.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
What are you blokes realistically expecting to get from carlton for Tutt & Jones - Really hard to gauge their worth

Seems about right to me, possibly an overestimation on Tutt and underestimation on Jones

That's a little confusing, if he's full of himself wouldn't it stand to reason that the late story would be more credible?

A conversation was held with him but we haven't interviewed him as such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
So in the past few days I have had to explain to my 6-year old son that he will be needing a new jumper for next year and that Higgins is now a Kangaroo. The little guy took it fairly well and has decided that he would like a number 4 for his next jumper.

When we were at the family day in February and got Higgins to sign the back of my son's jumper, I felt he was full of himself at the time but rolled with it because my little guy thought he was the best. Guess I'm just saying that up close I wasn't feeling a whole lot of respect for Shaun and this has a fair bit to do with my ambivalence that he first wanted out and now has finally gone.

I think we'll be better in the long run for whatever we can get for Pick 26.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So in the past few days I have had to explain to my 6-year old son that he will be needing a new jumper for next year and that Higgins is now a Kangaroo. The little guy took it fairly well and has decided that he would like a number 4 for his next jumper.

When we were at the family day in February and got Higgins to sign the back of my son's jumper, I felt he was full of himself at the time but rolled with it because my little guy thought he was the best. Guess I'm just saying that up close I wasn't feeling a whole lot of respect for Shaun and this has a fair bit to do with my ambivalence that he first wanted out and now has finally gone.

Glad to hear the little fella's okay with it. I think Bontempelli will keep him pretty happy. He's been fantastic at family days/events, too, there's no arrogance there.

I see where you're coming from, just on Higgins. I'd hate to partake in any character assassination just because he's no longer a Bulldog, but he'd just look right through you.

So effectively Norf pursuing Higgins has cost them (Norf) a tough, 2nd in the BnF inside ball winner who would've signed with them a few months ago if asked. Man are they (Norf supporters) gonna ride Higgo hard for every bad game he plays (I predict there'll be a few one of which will be when Pickers gets a hold of him). Is this Karma or being careful what you wish for? Out of the frying pan and into another frying pan.

He's not worthy of Picken going to him, I'd send JJ to exploit his lack of accountability.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Glad to hear the little fella's okay with it. I think Bontempelli will keep him pretty happy. He's been fantastic at family days/events, too, there's no arrogance there.

Spot on. We went to an Auskick clinic and Bontempelli was awesome, calling my wife over to have a photo taken.

In defence of Higgin's character, it wasn't all bad, just a touch too much arrogance. At the same Auckick clinic, Higgins grabbed Dahlhaus over for a combined photo with my other son (who has No.6).

Number 4 is a fine choice by your pup. He knows quality when he sees it. Higgins will soon be forgotten.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Number 4 is a fine choice by your pup. He knows quality when he sees it. Higgins will soon be forgotten.
The fact that his old man also has a No.4 may or may not have had something to do with the decision. :)

The fact that his old man also has a No.4 may or may not have had something to do with the decision. :)

Good taste runs in the family!

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City

Not exactly, no. North believed Levi was worth X amount of dollars and no more. Collingwood with their current situation are a bit desperate for mature age midfielders to help and offered him more $ than the Roos were willing to pay for a guy of Levi's talent level. I expect this would have happened with or without Higgins signing there.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not exactly, no. North believed Levi was worth X amount of dollars and no more. Collingwood with their current situation are a bit desperate for mature age midfielders to help and offered him more $ than the Roos were willing to pay for a guy of Levi's talent level. I expect this would have happened with or without Higgins signing there.
That may be true but wasn't how it was presented on the wireless today. Collingwood has popped up in the wake of Beams etc (although they say there is no connection) and they're offering more than us so fair enough. But got the impression that Norf wouldn't re-sign him till Higgins was over the line and in the end he was pissed about it and would've come to us (I believe we were offering more than Norf) if not for Pies. I stand to be corrected though.

Spot on. We went to an Auskick clinic and Bontempelli was awesome, calling my wife over to have a photo taken.

In defence of Higgin's character, it wasn't all bad, just a touch too much arrogance. At the same Auckick clinic, Higgins grabbed Dahlhaus over for a combined photo with my other son (who has No.6).

Better watch out....the Bont is moving on our wives now...cheeky little upstart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back