Banter Derby XLI - infiniteMasten draws ever near

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I just read that in the presser yesterday RTB called the weags' midfield 'elite'?? "They've been together 3,4,5 years, which puts them in the 'elite' category."

Wot - is he having a larff? He's having a larff isn't he?? :D

(Subtext : 5 years and that's the best they can do?? PMSL... How fix he keep a straight face???)

Did I just read that in the presser yesterday RTB called the weags' midfield 'elite'?? "They've been together 3,4,5 years, which puts them in the 'elite' category."

(Subtext : 5 years and that's the best they can do?? PMSL... How fix he keep a straight face???)

The old back handed complement, dashing any hope the eagles fans may have that there midfield is on the way up.

The best is reading them accuse Freo of being old while they are stacked with young talent. Well, back when both clubs hit the wall at the same time - Freo because a charlatan was in charge of the club, West Coast because of the fallout of their drug culture - the debate was which of each club's young talent would be better. And Eagles fans were eager to assert theirs was better. Which made sense, they had higher draft picks than Freo.

For example, number three draft pick Chris Masten, the inside midfielder, who won the contested ball and fed it out to lesser players in juniors. Or number seven draft pick, Rhys Palmer, who according to them was an outside runner who couldn't kick, and in juniors relied on being fed by their gun, Chris Masten. And even as Rhys steamrolled his way to the Rising Star, they contended that Masten would be the better player.

They can have all the Mastens they want now. Infinite Mastens.

We were right. The problem is Rhys Palmer set the bar so goddamn low :(

Some tough decisions this arvo for West Coast match committee having to omit 3 players from this star-studded bench:

• Jamie Bennell,
  • Sam Butler,
  • Brant Colledge,
  • Liam Duggan,
  • Josh Hill,
  • Patrick McGinnity,
  • Fraser McInnes

#infinitemastens

Since when did you start advertising for Spud Shed?:cool:

Some tough decisions this arvo for West Coast match committee having to omit 3 players from this star-studded bench:

• Jamie Bennell,
  • Sam Butler,
  • Brant Colledge,
  • Liam Duggan,
  • Josh Hill,
  • Patrick McGinnity,
  • Fraser McInnes

#infinitemastens

Bit harsh don't you think?? Duggan has played 1 game, Colledge 2 & McInnes 0, can't tar them with the Masten brush just yet.

Bennell is wearing Wirra's old number = guaranteed star!
Hill sometimes kicks a goal, also a star.
Butler = premiership player, therefore instantly better than your entire squad
Unless you want McGinnity at your mums house then I'd say it's in your best interests that he plays.

• Jamie Bennell,
  • Sam Butler,
  • Brant Colledge,
  • Liam Duggan,
  • Josh Hill,
  • Patrick McGinnity,
  • Fraser McInnes

#infinitemastens

Thats seriously tough... i thought bennell showed a bit last year so he would be an in and has some pace... other than that... very average. Gosh i hope we thump them, in a dont take the foot of the gas kind of way!

Bit harsh don't you think?? Duggan has played 1 game, Colledge 2 & McInnes 0, can't tar them with the Masten brush just yet.

Not really.

Bennell = skillful Masten
Butler = injury prone Masten
Duggan, Colledge, Mcinnes = future Mastens
Patrick McGinnity = not even fit to be called a Masten
Josh Hill = more Masten than Masten

#infinitemastens

Chris Masten = 2015 RG medalist!
Only if the voting panel consists of his mother, grandmother and sister ... and I wouldn't count on his sister's vote either if she saw Fyfe's butt last week (in the Geelong game of course).

I see overall they a leading us 21 wins to 19. We are getting closer and by the end of this season we could be level pegging. Not bad considering all the success they have had , that by next year they will well and truly be our bunnies since we joined the AFL. :)

We were right. The problem is Rhys Palmer set the bar so goddamn low :(

He did have one of the very best debut seasons in the AFL. Our excitement was warranted

Masten is still trying to reach those heights yet your supporters still think he would talk into our midfield tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Master troll as well as coach.

Anyone else hear Barich on SportFM this morning? Apparently Eagles have a good chance because they have had 2 days more break plus haven't had to travel. I chuckled.

That idiot still has a job? Come on WA, wake up. The most useless media hack in Australia. Plus there was that little known steroid incident that saw him leave the AFL for the safer confines of the NRL at the time.

Anyone else hear Barich on SportFM this morning? Apparently Eagles have a good chance because they have had 2 days more break plus haven't had to travel. I chuckled.

All jokes aside it is the one big advantage they have in this game.

Went to the footy years ago with this nutjob 'friend' that lived down the road from us for a Freo game, Barich was walking along the boundary. Half cut before the game has even started he leans over the fence about 4 metres away and absolutely screams "Hey BARRA, you FAT c***!!!" Kind of really embarrassing and funny at the same time.

He was an Eagles' supporter too :D

Is there any evidence that shows a 9 day break is better than 7?
It will be shown on Sunday
Brad+Sheppard+K5eCq42-pEOm.jpg

Goodness who is that don't even know! Looks like he needs to be sent back to the gym for a couple of years before playing AFL again.
He looks a dangerous type. That tape is a dead give away that he suffers from fist pump RSI, so he obviously celebrates a lot. It's hard to say whether or not he fist pumps on appropriate occasions though, rather than just when he ties his boot laces right first go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back