Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dermot and 27.

Derm was 27 when he last played in a Grand Final. 1991

He was no good after 27

6 games in 1992, nil in 93, 7 in 94 and 15 in 95.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Dermot and 27.

Derm was 27 when he last played in a Grand Final. 1991

He was no good after 27

6 games in 1992, nil in 93, 7 in 94 and 15 in 95.

His back & his career were shot, which is why we let him go by offering him a next to nix contract.....Most other footballers are hitting their peak by 27, Derm was already past it.

To Derm's credit though, he did absorb a tremendous amount of punishment playing as an undersized centre half forward.....He gave his all, including his body for the cause of the Hawthorn Football Club....But he did very well out of it himself by way of his legend & his bank balance.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep
It's unbelievably tough for a side to go back to back
Hawks couldn't even make the finals last time we were Reigning Premiers!

Sydney have the best forward line around, and never forget their "bloods" culture

Freo have the pain of a GF defeat to inspire them further, and never forget their "manic" pressure
No-one can handle that

Richmond have our measure and are rising

Geelong will be out to avenge their Prelim loss and have a fit Tommahawk back fit and ready

Pass it on ;)

Jtree

All Australian
Aug 27, 2012
New Perth City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
No hugely weird prediction regarding Hawthorn... But anyone that thinks Collingwood will get within a 10 light years of the 8 needs to increase their prescription. They are due for a huge capitulation (they'll easily make way for WCE).

hawkhanlumist

Senior List
Sep 19, 2008
Europa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We could win it from fifth. SH!T. That would be fun. Play 8th, steamroll them. Then, play loser of 2V3, pump them and send a message. I won't write the whole script here and now. But if we are well placed with injuries and form, bring it on.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/de...r-an-ageing-list/story-fndv7pj3-1226846246270

Don't know what to say about this except kind of disappointed that Dermie could make up so much crap but may inspire the side.

May i remind you that 8 of the 14 journos in the Herald Sun pre-season time vault tipped the Eagles to win the flag in 2013?

2013_AFL_season_-_Wikipedia__the_free_encyclopedia.jpg

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Early on, teams will occasionally bet the ball outside their back half and apparently score quite easily, our lack of height will be declared a weakness.

Then shoe and lake will return and stamp on that

Ps sen news is reporting that both dermott and shane have written hawks off for 2014. I didnt read it like that

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It seems that the Hawthorn media personalities are always against the club bar JD. Matthews is absurd, Dermie is a nuffy and Ben Dixon you can barely take seriously. The only guy who makes any sense when talks was as useless as a hat full of d!cks at a lesbian as a coach in Terry Wallace. The Solarium junky is brilliant with his analysis.

B0SK

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 13, 2014
Awaiting WADA's devastating response
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
r inferior
In fairness to Brereton he anticipated the increased injury rate, asked how much football Rioli would play and questioned what Garlett would be able to deliver.

I'd say he was bang on the money, what he didn't factor into his calculations was how well the club would cope with having such an unsettled lineup but at the start of the year would any of us have expected the team to be in the race for top spot with one round to play after such a horror run?

When Mitchell, Lake and then Gibbo went down I thought our season was shot. I'm tremendously proud of the way the club has soldiered on, it has surpassed my wildest expectations.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
It seems that the Hawthorn media personalities are always against the club bar JD. Matthews is absurd, Dermie is a nuffy and Ben Dixon you can barely take seriously. The only guy who makes any sense when talks was as useless as a hat full of d!cks at a lesbian as a coach in Terry Wallace. The Solarium junky is brilliant with his analysis.

I can garner the point you are attempting to make; But before criticising others for a lack of making sense, perhaps it would behove you to do the same before posting....This sentence is so jumbled & poorly constructed, it merely serves to contradict the very point you are attempting to convey!....The humorous sentiments you are attempting to portray are unfortunately lost in your tripping over your own tongue via your haste at posting them!

Back