qman

All Australian
Jun 7, 2011
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams
I heard that theory years ago and I still watch to see who gets to a 100 first. It has something like a 97% strike rate. Don't know were I heard the theory but it definately wasn't Brereton.
He mentioned it again yesterday, he's a tool but always been big on that.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
He mentioned it again yesterday, he's a tool but always been big on that.

How often do both teams even hit 100 in the modern game? I'd say very rarely. And when both teams do, I'd say invariably the game is already decided (like, one team has a four goal advantage) and/or there's only a minute or two to go. If it was the first team to hit 70 or 80, it might be impressive.

How often do both teams even hit 100 in the modern game? I'd say very rarely. And when both teams do, I'd say invariably the game is already decided (like, one team has a four goal advantage) and/or there's only a minute or two to go. If it was the first team to hit 70 or 80, it might be impressive.
It's about as insightful as saying the team that scores 3 goals first in soccer usually wins.

qman

All Australian
Jun 7, 2011
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams
I cant stand the guy, I'm just pointing out that he was one of the first dudes to extort that theory and he still mentions it regularly.

Gubbz

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2010
36th Chamber
AFL Club
West Coast
Dead set loves the sound of his own voice. I can barely watch a game with him commentating with his over complicated explanations of a simple play.

On a side note...Maybe im just watching too much footy or projecting my frustation but I have been sensing frustration from the callers, in particular Sandy, Dwayne & Matty Campbell because they can barely get a good call in because all of these so called special commentators continue to talk over the play.

Just seems to be a boys club all trying to sound intellectual and one up each other.

Let the commentators talk I say.

Mr. Blonde

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Brereton commentating a game on the weekend, the ball lands on the goal line and then bounces back into play. The umpire calls play on as the ball never completely crossed the line.

Dermott says "To the football novices watching the game, the ball has to completely cross to the outside of the chalk line and the invisible beam that rises up from it".

Could have said "The ball has to completely cross the line".

Sums him up perfectly.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
He and Alistair Lynch have to be the worst special/expert comments blokes oh and don't forget space cadet Mooney. Wonder if Dermott commentates his own life in his own head and how often he mentions its 2016 and he still has a mullet

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Just absolute continuous mindless word drool spewing forth from the idiots mouth.

Can't friggin stand the moron

Last edited:
Back