Analysis Describe Season 2015 in one word

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree to disagree, Gaz has one of the biggest hearts at the club and would be the last bloke i consider just "wanting the pay", goes missing but cant fault his desire. Im not sure if you are trolling me or not regarding macca... Had a very good year and should be in top 4 Skilton medal votes. Add to that one of the best decision makers under pressure in the team

Perhaps at one time but he has gone missing far too often lately. Last week just another example of the gap between his good and bad.
For a senior/seasoned/captain player that is worrying. But worse than that he has lost his ability to run both ways.

Perhaps at one time but he has gone missing far too often lately. Last week just another example of the gap between his good and bad.
For a senior/seasoned/captain player that is worrying. But worse than that he has lost his ability to run both ways.

Id still have him as one of our best decision makers. sure hes made a few more errors this year but still has the ability

Id still have him as one of our best decision makers. sure hes made a few more errors this year but still has the ability

Could well be, but that is not much of a claim to fame in a team that thinks bombing it to a 3-on-1 is a good decision.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly think it just came down to bad luck for you guys this year. Injuries towards the end definitely had its toll. I think you will still be right next year. With Goodes, shaw and most likely Jetta moving on are there people ready to step up or are you gonna be hitting the trade and draft table to fill those spots?

Vin Rogue

All Australian
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Have to agree to disagree, Gaz has one of the biggest hearts at the club and would be the last bloke i consider just "wanting the pay", goes missing but cant fault his desire. Im not sure if you are trolling me or not regarding macca... Had a very good year and should be in top 4 Skilton medal votes. Add to that one of the best decision makers under pressure in the team

Certainly not trolling. When was the last time McVeigh was our MVP in a losing side? And as for Gaz, I see more liability than upside. He needs to develop his tank. He may be a gifted sprinter but he is no stayer. No coincidence that our third quarter "no appearances" this year were so damned regular.And Jetta - home beckons. Always was a receiver - that was his job. And he could deliver with class.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Redemption

Don't think so
The whole season was tainted by this need for redemption. As such we forgot that to redeem in a GF one must first make the GF. Did we really think we'd just waltz up and play another one ? It's not likely for any team to make two GFs in a row. We've made two in four years but everything has to go right and, for us, it just didn't this year. With a full squad or even a bit of luck we'd have beaten Freo and made the prelim. When things went wrong for us they went wrong very much at the wrong time.

We will redeem ourselves, not this year but soon. Revenge is best served cold.

My word for the season is just ...... 2015. We move on.

(though technically it's a number)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dangle

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, OKC Thunder
McVeigh............. can turn the ball over devastatingly.

I found this comment very surprising. One of the best decision makers and ball users in the competition.

Very impressive 80.2% disposal efficiency in 2015. That's much higher than Pendlebury, Mitchell, Hill, Rich and I suspect most other players considered to be great ball users.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back