Competition Design a NSW Primary School's Football Jumper!

Remove this Banner Ad

0ZaFoLt.png

ashsta77 is there a specific date you have in mind for submissions?
Hi Dylan8,
My boss, school sports coordinator and I will be going over design proposals this Monday (27/4). We are then looking to email some manufacturers with the design on Tuesday.

Thanks again for the great variety of submissions, everyone!

My boss mentioned a design concept where the four colours could be a 'modernised' design where they start from around the bottom of the sleeves and come down in a slight angle towards the bottom without the two sides meeting.

I think the closest reference I can think of is St Kilda's clash guernsey from 2007-8.

Last edited:
Just a side note, aren't all schools' house colours red, green, yellow and blue?

Depends on the school.
My school they were Navy, Sky, Gold, Claret
Northern, Carlton, Essendon & St Thomas.
They were the 4 schools that merged over the years to form the school.

Yeah, in my area there are only two or three schools which use red, green, blue and yellow/gold

My school had two factions, maroon and white. With the desire to jump to a third faction of navy when the school gets big enough

Another school uses black, gold, white and navy

I've also heard of purple being used as a faction color.

One more, then I'm stopping.

psnsw4.png
BLK would like to talk to you.
ClashFront.jpg

Hi Dylan8,
My boss, school sports coordinator and I will be going over design proposals this Monday (27/4). We are then looking to email some manufacturers with the design on Tuesday.

Thanks again for the great variety of submissions, everyone!

My boss mentioned a design concept where the four colours could be a 'modernised' design where they start from around the bottom of the sleeves and come down in a slight angle towards the bottom without the two sides meeting.

I think the closest reference I can think of is St Kilda's clash guernsey from 2007-8.
Thanks for getting back to me. I, for one, would be disappointed if you went down the route of that St Kilda jumper which was, to be frank, a mediocre training jumper.

Just a side note, aren't all schools' house colours red, green, yellow and blue?

Depends on the school.
My school they were Navy, Sky, Gold, Claret
Northern, Carlton, Essendon & St Thomas.
They were the 4 schools that merged over the years to form the school.

Yeah, my primary school was the traditional Yellow, Blue, Red and Green, but my high school allowed the students to decide on a new set of houses a few years before I went there and the students chose television show families, so we had Simpsons (Yellow), Flintstones (Orange), Jetsons (Blue) and Adams (Black).

Yeah, my primary school was the traditional Yellow, Blue, Red and Green, but my high school allowed the students to decide on a new set of houses a few years before I went there and the students chose television show families, so we had Simpsons (Yellow), Flintstones (Orange), Jetsons (Blue) and Adams (Black).
A lot of primary schools are like that Craegus, as you pointed out. High schools are generally more flexible in terms of house colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With most of the more obvious and fantastic paths taken, i went for an individualistic approach and went for a more patterned look. Thoughts?

1.png

With most of the more obvious and fantastic paths taken, i went for an individualistic approach and went for a more patterned look. Thoughts?

View attachment 128131
Haha the most despised template on the board I reckon! I like it. Would probably leave the back blank white as per the brief wanting a white top.

Haha the most despised template on the board I reckon! I like it. Would probably leave the back blank white as per the brief wanting a white top.
Haha yeah, traced it today and wanted to use it :)

Oops, thanks for that - hopefully this is a bit better

2.png

Looks brilliant. You're already better than BLK as the design and stitching is inside the template
haha cheers, I think I'll change a few things such as stroke colour etc.

Yeah I elected to use clipping masks instead of being lazy

Looks brilliant. You're already better than BLK as the design and stitching is inside the template
With complete honesty, if BLK were to hire a new design team, I think the majority of this board could get in on creativity and design knowledge alone.

Care to clear up my ignorance?
Teachers First Choice logo, a publishing and distribution company of school books and gear to schools around Australia and international under a umbrella name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back