Design Ideas for new Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hah, thanks a lot for the offer, mate. I'm all for making mates and getting out of my comfort zone, but gridiron is a bit too much for me. I'd liken myself to an even skinnier Nat Fyfe, and I'm only pretty poor at most sports aside from footy and soccer. I'd not make the grade!

Hah, thanks a lot for the offer, mate. I'm all for making mates and getting out of my comfort zone, but gridiron is a bit too much for me. I'd liken myself to an even skinnier Nat Fyfe, and I'm only pretty poor at most sports aside from footy and soccer. I'd not make the grade!

Well if you change your mind, don't hesitate to come down!

9000 is pretty generous, there's a tiny little "grand stand" which would seat no more than a couple hundred surely and then what? Some standing room? Granted I only give it the most cursory of looks from the 100 but I was bewildered when I read that the Glory may have to use it for games in the future.

You're probably looking at the pitch closest to Hayman Rd. The main stadium is behind that - it would seat a couple of thousand, maybe a bit less. It was originally built to host the Hockey tournament at the Empire games in 1962 and extended about 8 years ago for some other major tournament, World Cup or something like that. Still a pretty small venue though, Austadiums has it's capacity at 6,000. But if they want another outdoor rectangular venue it's the best there is.

perthhockey.jpg

Yeah, anything they do will be good

The West are just trying to sell papers by giving the BANANA's what they want to read. In this case, by creating problems before they actually exist. Unfortunately this city has a large number of people that like waking up in the morning and reading about how bad their lives are.

A rubbish tip? Oh noes!!! How did no-one know about this until now??!!??!!1!one11ty!1

In other breaking news from the West - water is actually very wet.... and the surface of the sun is infact very hot. People wont be able to go for a swim outside anymores! Oh no!! Wont anyone think of the children?

Im with byng - the west is either a) terminally sensationalist / stupid, or b) pushing a last-chance barrow for thier mates at the WAFC. Im going with a little from column a, little from column b.

& The West might just be reporting what is happening as things unroll - we all know it was a tip site but what will remediation cost & as parties involve try to nail down a budget expect more articles like this.

We all know about budget blow outs, extending time lines & this site has problems written all over it. Any professional signing off on this project will check his professional indemnity insurance, something no politician needs to worry about.

I'd like to see the site work, but at what cost, who pays ?

& The West might just be reporting what is happening as things unroll - we all know it was a tip site but what will remediation cost & as parties involve try to nail down a budget expect more articles like this.

Uh.....can you explain what has actually happened in the past few weeks that would have prompted a story about the technicalities involved in construction?

I can answer for you - nothing. Nothing has happened other than the West going out searching for people that want to shitcan the project. They haven't even designed the stadium yet, let alone started thinking about foundations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I do not accept nobody is doing anything - if there was a potential contract in the wind, as there is, any sort of professionally run business would be beavering away. But thats just my view, if you believe such businesses would be doing nothing OK ... if you had expertise in such sites you might even background journos, probably not though, you'd sit on your hands & wait for someone else to make the running.

I'd also hope that there are investigative journo types sniffing about because this project is much about politics, not just sport, let alone just the Dockers & Eagles and WA footy generally.

Any competing interests there likely to be seeking influence, just maybe, or thats my view.

I didn't say nothing has been done on the project as a whole, I said nothing has been done that would have prompted reports of difficulties in construction. Everything that is currently known has been known for years.

The bloody thing hasn't even been designed yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back