cammania

Turning It Up.
Nov 18, 2007
G-LONG
AFL Club
West Coast
Calling all designers.
Time to let the brain run free.

I feel the is a lack of AFL team wallpaper out there for apple devices ( and which I suppose they can also be used for any device which allows a custom wallpaper)

With all the designers out there, time to go bananas and design your favorite players wallpaper, or teams logo etc.

Whilst I'm creating this thread, I have nothing to add sadly as I use an iPad and not a desktop/laptop to post. please don't hate me or that.
I also know that some team sub forums have this, but feel there is a broader market out there by creating a thread in the Graphic Design board

I'm sure many would appreciate some wallpapers and suggestions for designs.

Many thanks in advance from those who will steal them :)

Re: AFL iPhone-iPad Wallpaper thread.

sounds good, maybe we could add desktop wall papers aswell ??

Different dimensions.
I mean they'd work at the end of the day, but I was more inclined to suggest just ipad and iPhone sizes.

But I suppose by all means go for it.

Yeah I'm going on about it again. But American sports wallpaper forums are very good, and just thought we could have something here like that.

Desktop wallpapers are a dime a dozen. Mobile wallpapers are a better idea, good stuff Cam. I'll post up some soon, as well as dimensions for different smart phones.

Here are a couple of Doggies ones I have on my computer. Unfortunately I have no idea who designed them, but I like them on my phone.

Woof-Wallpaper-iphone-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I designed a few for my PSP years back. Not sure what ever happened to them though, can't find em on my computer anywhere :( Ceebs plugging my PSP into the computer to get em off either. Doubt anyone really on this board would want a Tredders wallpaper anyway :eek: If you really do though, I'll make an effort to upload them :)

There was a thread with some on the Hawthorn board a few years back. I'll try and find them.

Dimensions for designers to work with:

iPhone 3 - 320 x 480
iPhone 4 - 640 x 960
Nokia N97 - 360 x 640
Sony Ericsson i30 - 176 x 220

There was a thread on the eagles board like a week back, got a yellow peril one from it.

This is true.

However being the jumpers and graphic design thread, I made the choice to start this thread on the basis that not everyone goes to the club forums and may go for Brisbane but download a swans one too for THIER brother or something if thy saw it here.

Also, what about some iPad dimensions to be listed aswell

You could say please :p

Wikipedia says iPad's screen dimensions are 1024x768. Which makes doing wallpapers for them somewhat moot, as 1024x768 is still a standard desktop screen size for many people...

Like I often say on here, Google and Wikipedia are you friends.

Apologies. The word please must have been cut out by the filter. :D

And yes, google and everything like that could have been used. I'm not that lazy. Just thought the list of sizes and pixels could have been upgraded.

Please

:):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah I was hoping there would be a thread like this. I can't make threads yet since I'm new, but if the thread already exists I might as well use it. I made a bunch of iPhone wallpapers (iPhone4 resolution) a while back - 2 for each team. Real simple designs, but everyone I've shown quite like them. Are people still keen for this? I can upload them here, or make a new thread later on.

Ok, bear with me if I get this wrong. It's my first try putting images on this site. I'll explain quickly as well: essentially I started cos I wanted a wallpaper for my iPhone with the Saints jumper design behind the logo. Nice and simple but no one had done it, so I whipped one up quickly. Then I figured I'd do West Coast for my dad, and then went on to do all the teams.

I also discovered that the jumper design behind icons on the home screen clashed a bit, so I made a second set with just a gradient behind a smaller logo for the home screen. So yeah, you can use them however you want, but the way I intended was to have the jumper design on the lock screen and the gradient design on the home screen. Also, I'm assuming most people know how to get them on their phones, but if anyone needs instructions, I'd be happy to write some up.

Anyway, I'll start with the Saints, since that was the first one I did:
saints1.jpg

saints2.jpg

Here's the tigers using the current logo. I did these with the 2012 logos, but I know a lot of Richmond fans hate the new logo, so if there's demand for it, I can probably do one up with the old logo.

tigers1.jpg

tigers2.jpg

Sydney Swans. This one didn't turn out like I hoped it would, but I've received nothing but praise for it from Swans supporters, so yeah, thoughts?

swans1.jpg

swans2.jpg

Gold Coast Suns. One of my favourite gradient ones. Their home jumper needs some serious rethought though, in my opinion.

suns1.jpg

suns2.jpg

Port Adelaide. Not the greatest quality logo, but some of them were hard to find in large sizes.

power1.jpg

power2.jpg

Brisbane Lions. I like this logo. Dunno why everyone hates it, but again, if anyone wants the old logo, I'll see what I can do.

lions1.jpg

lions2.jpg

Kangaroos. This one was a pain cos the logo I used had transparency behind it instead of white.

kangaroos1.jpg

kangaroos2.jpg

And I have uni now, so the rest will come later :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back