Discussion Designs from Bigfooty are being used.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dont know what can be done with this info but just putting it out there that designs are being lifted from Bigfooty.
I came across these, before Christmas, at a business that was closed at the time, in a Port Adelaide shopping centre.

I know 100% that they are from designs on this site by Bigfooty users. Some were posted on the Port Board and some on the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board and there are other Power logos that I wasn't entirely sure were from this board but am 90% sure were. I have photos of all the designs I believe to be designed by posters on Bigfooty.

I have tracked down some of the people who made the designs for the pictures Ive posted but may need some help with identifying who designed the others.

The Jaguar designed this one but he hasn't been on BF for 11 months. His design is here.

PortBrillance designed this one. His design is here.

ThunderPower_14 designed this one in this thread here.

This I know 100% is by someone on this site but I cant find the thread with it in it or who designed it.

This one I am unsure if it is from Bigfooty as I cant find it anywhere (my searching skills are not very good). EDIT - This is a ScottFreo from this thread here

There were other mugs with jumpers that were designed on bigfooty but were designs of official jumpers, mainly heritage jumpers. I only got one picture of these.

There was another design on a mug that I didn't take a picture of when I first started checking all
this out and I have let that poster know their design may have been used.workhorse is the poster and his design is here. I didn't see this design however when I returned today.

I have informed the moderators of this board and Chief and have also logged a call to the AFL licencing department who have not yet got back to me on Chiefs suggestion.

I have no idea if designs are protected or not but I would want to know if people are potentially making money off of something I designed. Maybe someone more in the know would be able to shed some light.

I spoke to the guy working the store today and he said he orders them from a guy who visits him regularly. He said he had sold dozens of these mugs over the past few months. I asked if he knew where the designs came from and he said he didn't know. I informed him that I had reason to believe the designs were being used without permission and the supplier should be informed.

I will follow up in a week or two to see if they are still for sale. I also hope to get a reply from the AFL regarding this matter.

The logo by the guy who you can't remember was made by a Collingwood supporter called Brothashane, who ironically enough, had his own issues with plagiarism. He deleted a heap of his logos from here, but they still pop up across the site from time to time.

Thanks christoh

Mine in any case has the Power lightning bolt as part of the design, so the AFL would be more interested than me in terms of a cease and desist letter I imagine given that they are profiting from this.

Thanks christoh

Mine in any case has the Power lightning bolt as part of the design, so the AFL would be more interested than me in terms of a cease and desist letter I imagine given that they are profiting from this.

I don't think you have anything to worry about ThunderPower as you made the design for recreational purposes and someone else chose to use your design, without your permission to make a profit. The nature of my call to the AFL is to make that point clear to them and that there is a third party outside Bigfooty and the AFL looking to make a profit off of designs that aren't theirs and a product that needs to be licensed.

The person who has lifted the designs obviously reads bigfooty and I would imagine have seen these designs on the Port board as most of them come from there. If they are a regular user and are seeing this thread then they now know that they have been caught red handed.

I have assumed that none of the designers have given their permission especially the way PortBrillance has responded lol.

How do you tag someone in a post too?

The logo by the guy who you can't remember was made by a Collingwood called Brothashane supporter, who ironically enough, had his own issues with plagiarism. He deleted a heap of his logos from here, but they still pop up across the site from time to time.

Is Brothashane still an active member?? I don't seem to be able to find his profile.

ThunderPower_14 On the back of the mug with your design was this old PAFC logo

oldlogo.jpg

Umm I forgot to ask

Is that your design Mero ? I know there was a number on the back of jumpers allocated or claimed by posters on this board some time ago which I thought might help in identifying who had designed them. I couldn't find the thread nor was I sure the number policy still existed.

If it is yours do you think you would be able to provide a link to the thread it was from? No problem if you cant.

There were also designs of Ports magenta and blue heritage jumper and Geelong style (light blue) heritage jumper also. I didn't think to take pictures of them, might be down there again tomorrow so I will have another look.

Seems a fair bit like this from the site:
Port-3.gif

Even down to the neck bar being just slightly wider than it should be.

PS If these are from TPF (The Promotions Factory) I won't be happy.
I proposed this to them two months ago.
*TPF own star Athletic who now make Collingwoods apparel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The second last design is mine. Don't know what to think of this, Would like to know out of curiousity how much their charging?

PortAdelaideAFLShieldLogoCopy.png

PS If these are from TPF (The Promotions Factory) I won't be happy.
I proposed this to them two months ago.
*TPF own star Athletic who now make Collingwoods apparel.

I got the impression from speaking to the shop worker that they are done by a local business here in Adelaide.

If the mugs are still on sale in a couple of weeks I will look into it further as to who is actually producing them, the guy at the store just worked there and only knew the guy who made them by by sight and didn't know his business name.

I got the impression from speaking to the shop worker that they are done by a local business here in Adelaide.

If the mugs are still on sale in a couple of weeks I will look into it further as to who is actually producing them, the guy at the store just worked there and only knew the guy who made them by by sight and didn't know his business name.
Ask for contact details so you can 'get some of your own designs done'.

ScottFreo I have edited the op to show it is your design and a link to the thread. By the way those designs in that thread are the best I have seen, I like em alot.
Just don't go making mugs out of them, eh? ;)

Intellectual Property can be quite tricky at times to determine who's is what, etc.

No doubt the dates on the posts would help.

I too would like to find out what and who the seller is, and find out what the story is. If peoples hard work is been clearly used without permission, then you all have a cleat cut case. The AFL should also be interested in this as well. Speak to legal aid if you can just in case things get weirder.

I asked into copyright on designs as such. I was told, if you change a design by 30% it is counted as new. As to this...It'll be interesting to see what comes of it
That is ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back