Destination clubs - an equalisation loophole?

Remove this Banner Ad

destination club?
2015- dayne beams, allen christensen, mitch robinson.
2016- tom bell, ryan bastinac, josh walker.
Still lost Aish though

An improvement the last 2 seasons FWIW though but your retention will be tested again once all these big kids you've stockpiled want out due to not getting a game because there's too many on your list.

Still lost Aish though

An improvement the last 2 seasons FWIW though but your retention will be tested again once all these big kids you've stockpiled want out due to not getting a game because there's too many on your list.
that's probably a good problem to have.
we have done a fantastic job rebuilding the list the last 2 off seasons, things have turned around off field ie. greg swan, leigh matthews, damian austin, craig lambert and leppa. very confident on field will follow in the next few years.
it's been a long wait:)

that's probably a good problem to have.
we have done a fantastic job rebuilding the list the last 2 off seasons, things have turned around off field ie. greg swan, leigh matthews, damian austin, craig lambert and leppa. very confident on field will follow in the next few years.
it's been a long wait:)
If you can trade to improve areas on your list then it's a good thing as these kids will give you guys some currency probably.

I think you need some quality small/medium defenders/rebounders still though. Rich sorta plays there, then he's on the wing too, Golby never came on, Adcock left, Bewick plays half forward/wing now etc, dunno about Harwood and Lester, they just seem like role types. Though you're covered everywhere else imo.

Yeah it seems stability was enforced by Swann, so has definitely helped, getting a few more home grown Queenslanders in through trade/draft as you've done recently will help your list build/retention also.

If you can trade to improve areas on your list then it's a good thing as these kids will give you guys some currency probably.

I think you need some quality small/medium defenders/rebounders still though. Rich sorta plays there, then he's on the wing too, Golby never came on, Adcock left, Bewick plays half forward/wing now etc, dunno about Harwood and Lester, they just seem like role types. Though you're covered everywhere else imo.

Yeah it seems stability was enforced by Swann, so has definitely helped, getting a few more home grown Queenslanders in through trade/draft as you've done recently will help your list build/retention also.
like your summation. lions are hoping the players to step up next year in the small/medium defending rebouders are. claye beams- lot of potential to play that role, has had injuries at the wrong time. ryan harwood- ditto. tom cutler- most people from outside the club wouldn't know much about him, but very highly rated to fill that role. reuben willian- rookie. speed to burn, year or 2 off.

like your summation. lions are hoping the players to step up next year in the small/medium defending rebouders are. claye beams- lot of potential to play that role, has had injuries at the wrong time. ryan harwood- ditto. tom cutler- most people from outside the club wouldn't know much about him, but very highly rated to fill that role. reuben willian- rookie. speed to burn, year or 2 off.
Yeah I knew you drafted William for that attacking rebound role, but from what I've heard he might take a year or two.

Was wondering why Cutler/Gardiner didn't play much this year, was it injuries or just others were preferred?

Yeah I knew you drafted William for that attacking rebound role, but from what I've heard he might take a year or two.

Was wondering why Cutler/Gardiner didn't play much this year, was it injuries or just others were preferred?
yer. cutler played 11 games and gardner 8, mainly injury. liam dawson another cutler type as well, looked really good in patches played 10 games.

You've all been played for fools, including so called respected AFL journos like Jake Niall and Damien Barrett who were quick to sink the boots in to St Kilda for being outwitted by Hawthorn at the trade table.

Where are all the smartarses now that were gloating here yesterday about how Hawthorn were awesome at trading and St Kilda were dills?

scbu.gif

Makes me laugh... Hawthorn thought they could be the big swinging d*ck here, and came away holding their 2in limpy. Everyone thought they pulled a fast one, but they simple wasted their own time chasing ghosts.

Face it, hawks supporters were creaming in their pants when the read they were stealing Carlisle as a replacement for Lake. *cue sad music*

psycrs.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back