Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon I'll stick with Warlock for the full game, haven't enjoyed the Titan play through as much, need that Warlock ability back in my life.

How they balance PVP with all that epic tier loot from crucible marks will be interesting. I cant see myself putting a heap of time into it so if i want to play a couple of games every now and then I dont want to be up against full crucible mark gear players and getting completely destroyed. As it is now in the beta there are a couple of guns around that are a tier above the rest and 1 or 2 players per game with some real good defense stats.

After being completely turned off by this game with the first beta, this second one (and only something I got onto once it was open to all) however has completely got me back in.

A huge turnaround in the mechanics and feel of the game and seeing what this game will be about has me super interested and a definite buyer on day one!

Haven't gone into the PvP arena yet and really don't care to, but loving the other aspects of the game. Can see the loot hunt becoming a big part of this game and addicting me to it in a similar way to Borderlands 2.

There's some minor gripes here and there. The menu system is still poor with the mouse selection, but I can get used to it.

Not a big fan of how quickly enemies re-populate in the world. Can kill a bunch, walk 20 metres or walk away 20 metres and instantly they've spawned back in. Not terrible for grinding, but when you just want to move on it can be a hassle to constantly have to kill the same enemies you either just have or did a few minutes ago...and some of them can be annoyingly hard for a quick kill.

Now the one that I am not 100% sure of until I really get further in, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of 'natural loot' as in loot collected or just earned throughout a playthrough. The majority seems to be purchasable. While it doesn't make the system poor, it makes me hesitant in case I do come across some natural loot that is good and have ended up wasting my cash not long before on something that is now irrelevant. Something more in-line with Borderlands really would've made for not only more interesting worlds (I feel like exploring could be awesome, but there's nothing to really explore for so it becomes redundant) but would add excitement when you come across that amazing piece of loot in the wild.

Overall though. Loving the mechanics, loving the story that they have going (Ghost ftw too!) and I am also really liking the heavily atmospheric moments that pop up too, hopefully there's much more of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Closed for me now. It was unlocked for a bit I think. I should of bloody done it lol

Meh, you didn't miss much, it was a pretty short mission. If you've played the Moon MP map then it's pretty much that same map, story-wise didn't really shed much more light other than "they are building an army".

The more I play the less I like it, I'm talking PvP here. Seems so inconsistent, I'm getting one-shotted by non-specials (ie. golden gun) but can't get a one shot with rifles like others can. Only one shot kills I have had is with the sniper. So i don't know, seems unbalanced for mine still. That said, I will at least contemplate buying this now, it might end up being Destiny or Evolve vying for my dollars.

I think the multiplayer feels great.

It's the best PvP shooter on PS4 and I'd say that by a fair distance, but we don't have Titanfall.

blackshadow I just dropped out, I didn't ditch you. My net is speed limited for the next few days so everytime I connect to PvP it dies. So I'm not sure how useful I'll be today. Apologies

I think the multiplayer feels great.

It's the best PvP shooter on PS4 and I'd say that by a fair distance, but we don't have Titanfall.
giphy.gif

The PvP side is an unbalanced mess that'll only get worse once the full game is out and people get geared up. The less said about the connections the better, lots of BF4 style kill trading happening and people dying 2 seconds after you stopped firing. It is backed by Activision though so I'm not surprised at the lack of dedicated servers.

Thankfully the single player and co-op stuff is brilliant and worth the purchase alone.

Went exploring earlier and solo took out that armored beetle thing outside of devils lair, didn't drop anything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back