Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pvp is pretty well balanced when you understand how it works. Normal pvp is normalised your gear doesnt matter, either does the attack rating on the guns.
If you have played halo the gameplay is very very similar. Kills times are only .5 seconds quicker than halo 1-3 killtimes.
It is a beta the lag can be frustrating but it will improve and it doesnt happen all the time. It is so far from cod and bf4 its not funny.

People on the official forums are whineing about getting wrecked by certain "op" weapons. Yet im not a good player and I average about 4k points a game using a regular white assault rifle. Just takes practice.
Mind you pvp isnt for everyone, luckily this game appears to have something for all tastes.

Yeah the PvP feels very Halo from when I used to play (circa Halo 3) but with the added powers which add some extra dimensions.

The mobile tank is too OP but I believe it is getting nerfed and I imagine they won't be as dominant once you have more skills past level 8.

Also they are able to be taken out with some skill or a Titan/Warlock Supercharge.

There is some balancing that needs to happen but I found the multiplayer very satisfying. But I only really played across the first 4 days of the Beta.

I'm hoping that we have enough people that like it for a few Bigfooty parties on launch. If not I'm happy with the co-op stuff

Yeah the PvP feels very Halo from when I used to play (circa Halo 3) but with the added powers which add some extra dimensions.

The mobile tank is too OP but I believe it is getting nerfed and I imagine they won't be as dominant once you have more skills past level 8.

Also they are able to be taken out with some skill or a Titan/Warlock Supercharge.

There is some balancing that needs to happen but I found the multiplayer very satisfying. But I only really played across the first 4 days of the Beta.

I'm hoping that we have enough people that like it for a few Bigfooty parties on launch. If not I'm happy with the co-op stuff

Gun Turrets = Quick Tank Death. But yeah the superpowers work well. I played with mates and we were getting dominated by tanks...but once we ensured someone was on the gun turret the tanks were easily accounted for. I also find warlocks are great defending flags whilst titans a great doing the capturing. A well organised team will be hard to stop in PvP

Not a fan of the MP, unbalanced lagfest right now, dont get the Halo comparison either? I played the s**t out of every Halo MP online. Halo always had great balance to the weapons.

One of my bigger problems is how the game highlights your team mates but not your enemies. I don't give a stuff where my 'friends' are. I need to know if someone's about to shoot me in the face. My reflexes suck.

What do you mean? There's a directional radar that shows red in the direction of nearby enemies and then it lights right up when an enemy is really close. That's more than enough I would have thought. It's not the traditional Halo-esque dot-radar but it works just as well.

What do you mean? There's a directional radar that shows red in the direction of nearby enemies and then it lights right up when an enemy is really close. That's more than enough I would have thought. It's not the traditional Halo-esque dot-radar but it works just as well.
When you're not close enough to your allies you'll see their names and level numbers, same as you would anywhere else. You get nothing about the other side until they're blasting in your face. The tracker only has limited range and I only see red when it's too late for me.

When you're not close enough to your allies you'll see their names and level numbers, same as you would anywhere else. You get nothing about the other side until they're blasting in your face. The tracker only has limited range and I only see red when it's too late for me.

I think it is important to know where you team mate is and whether they are still alive. I is damm important should you become the last alive late in a boss fight..allowing to get cover and wait for respawning. Plus it allows for positioning in battles if you need to spread out

Not a fan of the MP, unbalanced lagfest right now, dont get the Halo comparison either? I played the s**t out of every Halo MP online. Halo always had great balance to the weapons.

What about the weapons is unbalanced in current form? Heavies destroy all and such you control the heavy weapon ammo on the map, just like the power weapons back in the days of halo. You have the speacials which allow for shotguns and snipers to be used but not abused as they have very limited ammo.
People use auto rifles or scout rifles currently (pulse and hand cannons are struggling atm) but in every halo you had the BR (dmr in reach and early 4) that was the go to weapon for all end game competitive play. Id argue we have more choice now which is always good.

The halo comparison comes from the movement, and killtimes and both map knowledge and control (aside from the developer and tone), its not a twitch shooter like COD or cs or even Battlefield. Vehicles are my only complaint they are far better balanced in Halo series however this has already been addressed and changes have been made to the vehicles (interceptor in particular)

Umm i dont mean this to come across as harsh or anything so please dont take it that way but its not exactly very skill based if they just chuck nameplates on the enemies so you can see them at all times. What they have done with the "radar" in this game is actually rewarding skilled/experienced players more by saying ok there is someone to your left, but we arent going to tell you where he is, you need to learn and use map awareness to be able to combat him. That introduces a skill gap which is only a good for a multiplayer mode.

I think it is important to know where you team mate is and whether they are still alive. I is damm important should you become the last alive late in a boss fight..allowing to get cover and wait for respawning. Plus it allows for positioning in battles if you need to spread out
I'm talking strictly PvP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really care what other games do. Don't know why you think I would.

To me it's a problem in the same way graphic snobs bitch about the textures on their expensive HD televisions. You people have run into the brick wall. Stop trying to smash your skulls in and argue.

What?

I think giving away the exact location of everyone on the opposing side takes a huge amount of the skill away.

This is coming from someone who normally just runs down the middle of the map getting sniped.

What about the weapons is unbalanced in current form? Heavies destroy all and such you control the heavy weapon ammo on the map, just like the power weapons back in the days of halo. You have the speacials which allow for shotguns and snipers to be used but not abused as they have very limited ammo.
People use auto rifles or scout rifles currently (pulse and hand cannons are struggling atm) but in every halo you had the BR (dmr in reach and early 4) that was the go to weapon for all end game competitive play. Id argue we have more choice now which is always good.

The halo comparison comes from the movement, and killtimes and both map knowledge and control (aside from the developer and tone), its not a twitch shooter like COD or cs or even Battlefield. Vehicles are my only complaint they are far better balanced in Halo series however this has already been addressed and changes have been made to the vehicles (interceptor in particular)

Umm i dont mean this to come across as harsh or anything so please dont take it that way but its not exactly very skill based if they just chuck nameplates on the enemies so you can see them at all times. What they have done with the "radar" in this game is actually rewarding skilled/experienced players more by saying ok there is someone to your left, but we arent going to tell you where he is, you need to learn and use map awareness to be able to combat him. That introduces a skill gap which is only a good for a multiplayer mode.

Only played a couple of games and it may have been the lag that turned me off. Got killed a few times when from my pov I had the jump on the other guy.

For balance found Assault rifle is the only gun ppl seem to use. Got most of my kills from vehicles and using your powers ie hunter and the golden gun.

Only played a couple of games and it may have been the lag that turned me off. Got killed a few times when from my pov I had the jump on the other guy.

For balance found Assault rifle is the only gun ppl seem to use. Got most of my kills from vehicles and using your powers ie hunter and the golden gun.

Yeah i do agree the hit detection was off and there was lag which resulted in some people being seemingly invulnerable to harm no matter how many times they were hit with a super. I put that down to it being beta, but of course if that makes it into release i would be extremely dissapointed, bungie have a few credits with me so ill give them a pass for now.

Don't really care what other games do. Don't know why you think I would.

To me it's a problem in the same way graphic snobs bitch about the textures on their expensive HD televisions. You people have run into the brick wall. Stop trying to smash your skulls in and argue.
I think 99% of gamers would disagree with you. It would greatly reduce the satisfaction of killing someone before they know where you were and greatly reduce the skill required to win a game with most games just coming down to dumb luck. Hacks and cheats that allow you to do things like you're mentioning in PC gaming is half the reason I don't play online anymore.

Happy if it is just Russia at the start...but under the "10 year project" I would like to think the game expands to over countries and themes

But that is through sequels.

If it's just Russia then that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back