Multiplat Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell has a spare 10 hours to play a video game straight.
Me: love just gonna play Xbox for 10 hour straight
Missus: u wot m8
Your membership of the neckbeard clan has been rejected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Well the normal raid was cleared, took about 11 hours of nonstop play to get world first, seems like Bungie did a decent job of making end game content for the hardcore crowd. If they can bring the rest of the game up to that level for the different types of players i think this game could be a in a strong position.

Stats for the group that ran it-

Stats:
· Total time: 10h43m30s
· Kills: 5733
· Precision Kills: 1388
· Deaths: 1606
· Successful Resurrections: 166
· Avg K/D ratio: 3.59
· Avg Lifespan: 2m22s

They died 1600 times trying to get through.

That's ridiculous.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Also I'm Level 25 Warlock.

Have managed to get 5 Legendary items so far. Although 2 of them are Helmets & 1 is and arm band, but the arm band is permanently on fire so that's cool.

I also have some legendary gauntlets & a rocket launcher.

The Sun class isn't as bad as I previously thought but I want both leveled up so I have some options going forward.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also I'm Level 25 Warlock.

Have managed to get 5 Legendary items so far. Although 2 of them are Helmets & 1 is and arm band, but the arm band is permanently on fire so that's cool.

I also have some legendary gauntlets & a rocket launcher.

The Sun class isn't as bad as I previously thought but I want both leveled up so I have some options going forward.

Did you buy them or did you find them?

They died 1600 times trying to get through.

That's ridiculous.

Remember they are the first im sure if they attempted it a second time they wouldnt die nearlly as much. Im just happy that it appears they delivered hard challenging content to those who are into that type of thing. And that was only normal mode, imagine what hard is like.

From all reports its not just massive hp bosses too there are mechanics and puzzles to solve. It shows that they know what to do when creating these encounters. It may mean that the strikes we have now are purely introductory and the future content will be more varied.

id assume that might come as good news for those that felt the current content was a bit repetitive or uninspired.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Raid progress saves to an ID. You don't need a 10 hour sitting. Once everyone is geared enough you will be able to farm it in a few 2-3 hours sessions a week.

This is why I want to find a few people to roll with. As once other games come out and I won't be playing Destiny all the time I hope to able to jump on at a certain time and hit some content.

I'm probably a week away from trying to raid. Almost 25 and will definitely be, if not 26 by end of this weekend but I need to start itemising my lock a bit better for rebirth/scorch build. Need to bugger off my strength gear and loading up on int and disc.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Yes, probably. Is definitely better online, especially for the updates, which are pretty regular. It's only been out just over a week and they've already had 3 updates. I understand the criticisms it gets, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. Maybe because I don't play a lot of FPS' so many of the features are still a novelty for me. The main story is quite fun apart from the actually story itself, which is really just there to link the levels together. I've played a few PvP battles and haven't heard any talking at all.

Okay cool, I always have my XB1 connected to the net just not sure i would always have ppl to party up with.
When the game was being hyped up i thought it was going have a Skyrim esque single player experience.
In that you could explore massive worlds on your own.

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
I'm starting to lose it over the Crypograph and his decoding of rare and legendary engrams; evry decode seems to turn into a Strange Coin, have yet to receive a nice piece of gear THAT SUITS MY LEVEL. I understand the Cryptograph level needs to be higher in order to drop more rares, but this is ridiculous. Have taken at least 20 rare/legendary engrams and have not received one good thing.

The drop rate is also ridiculous; did a series of strikes yesterday and I received NOTHING. And then I hear that Bungie is going to decrease drop-rates? WTF! At least make it that every boss drops a blue or better engram after you beat them, as it is, all the bosses we beat dropped NOTHING. I'm so over it. Considering they've marketed the game as some epic loot shooter this is ridiculously poor. You can grind for hours and not receive anything from bosses; that is crap.

I'm starting to lose it over the Crypograph and his decoding of rare and legendary engrams; evry decode seems to turn into a Strange Coin, have yet to receive a nice piece of gear THAT SUITS MY LEVEL. I understand the Cryptograph level needs to be higher in order to drop more rares, but this is ridiculous. Have taken at least 20 rare/legendary engrams and have not received one good thing.

The drop rate is also ridiculous; did a series of strikes yesterday and I received NOTHING. And then I hear that Bungie is going to decrease drop-rates? WTF! At least make it that every boss drops a blue or better engram after you beat them, as it is, all the bosses we beat dropped NOTHING. I'm so over it. Considering they've marketed the game as some epic loot shooter this is ridiculously poor. You can grind for hours and not receive anything from bosses; that is crap.
Maybe you should try Diablo 3 o_O

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens

Yeah drop rates are really random and not entirely fair. Bungie are already decreasing drop rates, their patch over the weekend adjusted it for certain farming areas.

Okay cool, I always have my XB1 connected to the net just not sure i would always have ppl to party up with.
When the game was being hyped up i thought it was going have a Skyrim esque single player experience.
In that you could explore massive worlds on your own.

The RPG elements are wafer thin. If you go into it expecting it to be a futuristic Skyrim you'll be bitterly disappointed. As others have said, it has a very solid foundation to work with. The game mechanics are first rate and easy to use and the levels look great. And it's actually really cool when you're wondering around a level and bump into another online player and it suddenly turns into a bit of co-op.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
The RPG elements are wafer thin. If you go into it expecting it to be a futuristic Skyrim you'll be bitterly disappointed. As others have said, it has a very solid foundation to work with. The game mechanics are first rate and easy to use and the levels look great. And it's actually really cool when you're wondering around a level and bump into another online player and it suddenly turns into a bit of co-op.

Shooting mechanics are spot on, not so sure many of the other game mechanics are. The way loot is awarded seems incredibly random and not remotely merit based.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Shooting mechanics are spot on, not so sure many of the other game mechanics are. The way loot is awarded seems incredibly random and not remotely merit based.

It is definitely not merit based. I got my first Legendary Engram by running over an enemy on my speeder bike whilst Dannnnnnnnnn & Igloo actually were shooting enemies.

Which is just crazy.

Tried the crucible mission (Only lvl6) which i think is a multiplayer game of domination? Got destroyed without getting a single kill as everyone was lvl 20 lol.

I found early on the best method is to tag along behind a high ranked team mate and more or less just provide cover-fire. You may get credited with a few assists, which will help you level up quicker.

It is definitely not merit based. I got my first Legendary Engram by running over an enemy on my speeder bike whilst Dannnnnnnnnn & Igloo actually were shooting enemies.

Which is just crazy.

I think I've gotten 2 legendary engrams from kills that I had completely no part in (didn't even get an assist, other people did 100% of the work), what the hell is that?

Tried the crucible mission (Only lvl6) which i think is a multiplayer game of domination? Got destroyed without getting a single kill as everyone was lvl 20 lol.
I know that feeling!

Same thing happened to me first time in the Crucible around level 5 the only other time I've been back I got one kill and a heap of deaths- was level 15 I think.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
2 legendary engrams for me. One ended up being a blue but my forat one was a purple but unfortunately (and i know i shouldn't complain) its for a pulse rifle, the one main weapon I really struggle with. Still its pretty handy when farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back