Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're an even stupider player for having that mentality.

It's impossible to play aggressively whilst staying clear of supers because it relies on getting close, so by your logic all aggressive players are stupid, even if they consistently get a kdr of 3.0.

I suppose you think the smart ones are cowards like yourself, who don't have the skill to aggressively pursue targets, so you just go for cheap, easy kills.

I've seen Call play. He may be a heavy theif, but he's not a coward. You can play aggressively or passively. But playing aggressively stupid doesn't make you a better player than someone holding their own and not feeding the other team kills.

I don't know if your that great at the game, but little bit of advice from an average player such as myself. Don't try and kill people mid super, just work on dodging it.
Nova bomb doesn't even bother me anymore that I use blink because I just dodge where they have thrown it and then murder them.

As I already said, I do try dodging, and it still doesn't often work, and not every class has blink.

Also, that's not the point. The point is, supers require little to no skill to use, and makes for a less satisfying experience in the Crucible.

Positioning is half the battle of crucible. You'll always die from supers but it's all about minimizing time in dangerous areas and maximising time in safer areas. No where your exits are and where the enemies are going to come from. Don't leave your flank open and one of the most important things is to listen to the sounds of the crucible. You can hear a golden gun/ blade dancer from anywhere on the map, run as soon as you hear this and get into a position capable of countering them. Every super has a weakness.

I've seen Call, he's not a coward. You can play aggressively or passively. But playing aggressively stupid doesn't make you a better player than someone holding their own and not feeding the other team kills.
I've seen his above post, that clearly suggests he's a coward.

I'm still yet to see evidence of you consistently avoiding/countering Fists of Havoc, Nova Bombs, Gunslinger. Probably because it's impossible to avoid them consistently.

Positioning is half the battle of crucible. You'll always die from supers but it's all about minimizing time in dangerous areas and maximising time in safer areas. No where your exits are and where the enemies are going to come from. Don't leave your flank open and one of the most important things is to listen to the sounds of the crucible. You can hear a golden gun/ blade dancer from anywhere on the map, run as soon as you hear this and get into a position capable of countering them. Every super has a weakness.
And what if someone uses it when you're right in their line of sight? Run away? How do you run away if you're already dead?

You're an even stupider player for having that mentality.

It's impossible to play aggressively whilst staying clear of supers because it relies on getting close, so by your logic all aggressive players are stupid, even if they consistently get a kdr of 3.0.

I suppose you think the smart ones are cowards like yourself, who don't have the skill to aggressively pursue targets, so you just go for cheap, easy kills.

If a player has a K/D ratio of 3.0 then clearly supers aren't concerning them that much. On average they must be playing in a smart manner most of the time. Though as evidenced by the video you posted earlier great players can still make bad decisions.

But for those dying consistently from supers - which appears to be your problem - there is clearly a degree of stupid play involved. Perhaps you don't move laterally enough or use height to your advantage - I honestly don't know - but if you cannot come up with any way to counter supers then you are, by definition, a dumb player.

That you call me a coward for using common-sense techniques such as flanking and abuse anyone that tries to help you rather proves my point.

I've seen his above post, that clearly suggests he's a coward.

I'm still yet to see evidence of you consistently avoiding/countering Fists of Havoc, Nova Bombs, Gunslinger. Probably because it's impossible to avoid them consistently.

I'm sorry were you expecting me to jump on my PS4 and get you the footage right now and upload it to Youtube?

You only asked for videos countering Titans btw. I'm not making you a video for each individual supers.

And what if someone uses it when you're right in their line of sight? Run away? How do you run away if you're already dead?

You're going to cop deaths, that's the crucible. It's about minimizing them. Hunters are vulnerable when first popping their super btw.

If a player has a K/D ratio of 3.0 then clearly supers aren't concerning them that much. On average they must be playing in a smart manner most of the time. Though as evidenced by the video you posted earlier great players can still make bad decisions.

But for those dying consistently from supers - which appears to be your problem - there is clearly a degree of stupid play involved. Perhaps you don't move laterally enough or use height to your advantage - I honestly don't know - but if you cannot come up with any way to counter supers then you are, by definition, a dumb player.

That you call me a coward for using common-sense techniques such as flanking and abuse anyone that tries to help you rather proves my point.
Who cares whether or not they're "concerning him", the point is they're frustrating.

Also, you're contradicting yourself. If a player goes 30-9 every game, and all 9 of his deaths were the result of supers, then he's consistently dying to supers. By your definition, he's a stupid player :rolleyes:.

You're the dumb player for trying to make assumptions about different play styles. If you stopped being such a coward and tried playing aggressively like several good players, you'd realize avoiding supers becomes harder, and more frustrating. Also, if you're going to call people stupid players despite being ignorant, expect to get bitten back.

You're going to cop deaths, that's the crucible. It's about minimizing them. Hunters are vulnerable when first popping their super btw.
Well, I figured out how to minimize most of them, it's just that I'm still having a bit of trouble defending myself from cheap, 1-hit kill attacks that require no skill to use, that I can do very little about.

I keep reading about all these little tactics, but the odds are always going to be heavily stacked against you. It just feels cheap, and hurts the experience.

Who cares whether or not they're "concerning him", the point is they're frustrating.

Also, you're contradicting yourself. If a player goes 30-9 every game, and all 9 of his deaths were the result of supers, then he's consistently dying to supers. By your definition, he's a stupid player :rolleyes:.

You're the dumb player for trying to make assumptions about different play styles. If you stopped being such a coward and tried playing aggressively like several good players, you'd realize avoiding supers becomes harder, and more frustrating. Also, if you're going to call people stupid players despite being ignorant, expect to get bitten back.

You're not a good player. Just because you're aggressive, does not mean that you're good. It means that you're aggressively stupid and for a good player you're their favourite type of enemy.

The irony of this is that you've made assumptions about everyone's play styles, cherry picked all of your arguments and been calling everyone stupid when most are trying to help you.

The reason you're dying so much is because you're too aggressive if anything. You're not aware of the importance of positioning and simply trying to avoid the initial hit of a super rather than what appears to be charging to your death.

So if I stopped using strategies to counter supers and started dying a lot like you do then I would realise that avoiding them is harder and more frustrating?
Impeccable logic. Really insightful stuff.

You do realise that it's possible to both be really good at PvP and still make mistakes. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I've also never said that dying from a super makes you a stupid player; merely dying from them all the time makes you a stupid player. It remains highly unlikely that there are many players out there with 2 or 3 K/D ratios that don't have a sound strategy for countering supers across a wide variety of scenarios.

As Lukas noted above, it's about minimising the risk from supers. Good players do this well; average players not so much; and then there are players who get slaughtered by them, whinge a lot about it, and abuse those trying to help. Where do you think you fit in on this scale?

You're not a good player. Just because you're aggressive, does not mean that you're good. It means that you're aggressively stupid and for a good player you're their favourite type of enemy.

The irony of this is that you've made assumptions about everyone's play styles, cherry picked all of your arguments and been calling everyone stupid when most are trying to help you.

The reason you're dying so much is because you're too aggressive if anything. You're not aware of the importance of positioning and simply trying to avoid the initial hit of a super rather than what appears to be charging to your death.

Again, no argument whatsoever, just baseless assumptions. How do you know how well I play? When I say consistently dying, that could mean 2 times a match.

Secondly, I didn't make any assumptions, he explained his play style, and I interpreted it as a coward's playstyle. Don't know the difference? Did you have trouble with english?

Thirdly, you seem to be suggesting people who go consistently go 30-9, but die to supers all those 9 times, are "stupid players". You pretty much invalidated your argument there.

Fourthly, I never asked for help, I suggest working on your comprehension. Also, when did I call people "stupid" for offering help? You were the one who called me stupid. You can't have it both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

popcorn.gif

So if I stopped using strategies to counter supers and started dying a lot like you do then I would realise that avoiding them is harder and more frustrating?
Impeccable logic. Really insightful stuff.

You do realise that it's possible to both be really good at PvP and still make mistakes. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I've also never said that dying from a super makes you a stupid player; merely dying from them all the time makes you a stupid player. It remains highly unlikely that there are many players out there with 2 or 3 K/D ratios that don't have a sound strategy for countering supers across a wide variety of scenarios.

As Lukas noted above, it's about minimising the risk from supers. Good players do this well; average players not so much; and then there are players who get slaughtered by them, whinge a lot about it, and abuse those trying to help. Where do you think you fit in on this scale?

No, I'm saying if you stopped playing like such a coward, and and tried playing aggressively, a very much viable playing style, you'd realize you're more susceptible to cheap supers you can do very little about.

At this point, your argument is completely void, because you understand nothing about aggressive playstyle, so I don't see the point in continuing further. Keep babbling assumptions on things you don't know about.

Thirdly, I didn't call anyone stupid in response to friendly advice, I called you a stupid player because you did the exact same toward me. Again, if you insult others, expect to be on the receiving end as well.

At this point, your argument is completely void, because you understand nothing about aggressive playstyle, so I don't see the point in continuing further. Keep babbling assumptions on things you don't know about.
Prefer Solar.

Again, no argument whatsoever, just baseless assumptions. How do you know how well I play? When I say consistently dying, that could mean 2 times a match.

Secondly, I didn't make any assumptions, he explained his play style, and I interpreted it as a coward's playstyle. Don't know the difference? Did you have trouble with english?

Thirdly, you seem to be suggesting people who go consistently go 30-9, but die to supers all those 9 times, are "stupid players". You pretty much invalidated your argument there.

Fourthly, I never asked for help, I suggest working on your comprehension. Also, when did I call people "stupid" for offering help? You were the one who called me stupid. You can't have it both ways.

All your argument is that Supers are stupid and skill less and you can never counter them. I told you you could and told you multiple ways to do it. Oh and that Call is a coward for not standing in the middle of the map screaming to be titan killed.

You interpreted his playstyle wrong. You haven't seen him play, I have and can say he isn't a coward through probably at least 100 games with the guy. I'm more well versed in how he plays, you can say he plays a different way but 3 quarters of this thread play crucible with Call semi regularly and can back my assessment up. So the numbers don't stack up. So as you keep preaching you don't know how he plays, even with your poor interpretation of him explaining it to you. It goes both ways (just like LukasTheGreat ).

I'm saying people who are way too aggressively and end up eating Supers aren't particularly smart. Everyone eats supers at some point, but if the only thing you're dying to is supers as your cherry picked example suggest then they have a clear weakness in their game.

Fine then don't take it as me offering help, take it as me dispelling the myth that you will die in 99% of interactions with supers and that they can in no way be countered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back