Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If got stupid quest to do Void damage/kills... but I don't have any Void guns. If there a way I can get a void gun another then random drops?
are you referring to the thorn bounty?

Either way, you can definitely get void guns, but if you want a void primary you'll need a drop. But personally I wouldn't worry about that. Vanguard quartermaster currently sells a void sniper (Amplified GEO-D6) for 150 Vanguard marks and the Crucible quartermaster is selling a void shotgun (Hard Luck Charm) for 150 Crucible marks. However you need to be rep 3 with either Vanguard or Crucible to get them.

But if you don't have the rep or the marks there's an even easier way to get void weapons. Just reroll any other HoW weapons you have with the gunsmith. Costs sfa, a few weapon parts and motes, and every reroll will have a random element. Ergo, you have a 1 in 3 chance of it being Void; and it won't take much effort or cost to get a void weapon with a decent enough roll.

If it is the thorn bounty and you aren't much chop in the crucible your best bet is to get a void shottie and a void rocket launcher and camp control points. I said earlier I wouldn't worry about a void primary because outside of the lighthouse or skolas the only void primaries are atheon's epilogue and word of crota, both of which are pretty crap and utterly uncompetitive with a lot of other primaries, unless you're a reasonable player. With the thorn bounty deaths count as they reduce your score, so not dying is more or less a score. Therefore I always recommend rock your favourite void specials and heavies, hopefully be a titan or warlock for the void subclass, and get points with those, and use your most effective primary as a way to win gunfights and stay alive, or at least put enough hurt on your opponent so that you can run away and get healthy again

Bigfooty by far the most helpful and friendly crew regarding Destiny, and I've been to several forums (might say I'm a Destiny whore)

Agreed... one or two peanuts vs a whole gang of great blokes to game with. As many have said before, it is the community that has kept some longevity in the game between releases.

Bigfooty by far the most helpful and friendly crew regarding Destiny, and I've been to several forums (might say I'm a Destiny whore)

Agreed... one or two peanuts vs a whole gang of great blokes to game with. As many have said before, it is the community that has kept some longevity in the game between releases.

No doubt. I have to say I am slightly envious of the amount of bigfooty Destiny players that play this on PS4. Would be fun since it's not an overly large amount of you, but still enough.

I usually play this with some blokes from the US. (times seem to work). About 5 of us and they are pretty good blokes. A couple are pretty damn good but are still not the usual highly strung Americans you'd usually find online. Although they are intrigued with Australians constant use of the word C***

No doubt. I have to say I am slightly envious of the amount of bigfooty Destiny players that play this on PS4. Would be fun since it's not an overly large amount of you, but still enough.

I usually play this with some blokes from the US. (times seem to work). About 5 of us and they are pretty good blokes.
Have caught up with a couple of them at the footy as well.... time to trade that XBone in for a real system!! ;)

Have caught up with a couple of them at the footy as well.... time to trade that XBone in for a real system!! ;)

No way I love the Xbone! Also put way to many hours into Destiny (don't want to look).
Better chance of me just grabbing a PS4 and keeping the Xbox. The Last of Us and FFX are the 2 games that really suck me into getting a PS4. Not enough hours in the week for FFX though. Bloody blitzball!

No way I love the Xbone! Also put way to many hours into Destiny (don't want to look).
Better chance of me just grabbing a PS4 and keeping the Xbox. The Last of Us and FFX are the 2 games that really suck me into getting a PS4. Not enough hours in the week for FFX though. Bloody blitzball!
If you get TTK with your PS4 you can speed level to 25...no harm no foul and bingo, part of the cool kids crew!

If you get TTK with your PS4 you can speed level to 25...no harm no foul and bingo, part of the cool kids crew!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way, you can definitely get void guns, but if you want a void primary you'll need a drop. But personally I wouldn't worry about that. Vanguard quartermaster currently sells a void sniper (Amplified GEO-D6) for 150 Vanguard marks and the Crucible quartermaster is selling a void shotgun (Hard Luck Charm) for 150 Crucible marks. However you need to be rep 3 with either Vanguard or Crucible to get them.

But if you don't have the rep or the marks there's an even easier way to get void weapons. Just reroll any other HoW weapons you have with the gunsmith. Costs sfa, a few weapon parts and motes, and every reroll will have a random element. Ergo, you have a 1 in 3 chance of it being Void; and it won't take much effort or cost to get a void weapon with a decent enough roll.

If it is the thorn bounty and you aren't much chop in the crucible your best bet is to get a void shottie and a void rocket launcher and camp control points. I said earlier I wouldn't worry about a void primary because outside of the lighthouse or skolas the only void primaries are atheon's epilogue and word of crota, both of which are pretty crap and utterly uncompetitive with a lot of other primaries, unless you're a reasonable player. With the thorn bounty deaths count as they reduce your score, so not dying is more or less a score. Therefore I always recommend rock your favourite void specials and heavies, hopefully be a titan or warlock for the void subclass, and get points with those, and use your most effective primary as a way to win gunfights and stay alive, or at least put enough hurt on your opponent so that you can run away and get healthy again

Exotic bounty (Deleted Hand Gun). But I have gave up on Thorn bounty in the past I believe because I never play crucibles beccause of time and a bad case of Suckarditis at it. I also have a queens bounty with Void damage

I just found a Void Shotgun (Her Courtesy) buried in my inventories. I guess I could try that camp tactic in crucible. In the past I just run around aimlessly trying to kill crap and am probably nothing more then chicken fodder before I rage quit lol

Can you camp with snipers effectively? even if I can get a few positive kills a game

Exotic bounty (Deleted Hand Gun). But I have gave up on Thorn bounty in the past I believe because I never play crucibles beccause of time and a bad case of Suckarditis at it. I also have a queens bounty with Void damage

I just found a Void Shotgun (Her Courtesy) buried in my inventories. I guess I could try that camp tactic in crucible. In the past I just run around aimlessly trying to kill crap and am probably nothing more then chicken fodder before I rage quit lol

Can you camp with snipers effectively? even if I can get a few positive kills a game

You sure can camp. I had a couple favourite maps where I could pitch a tent on the special ammo spawn with a void sniper (praedyths revenge). If my team was getting pumped or I wasn't getting the kills I just bailed and found another game. I'm a crucibaby but it's definitely doable. Might seem slow at the start but you'll eventually find your own groove.

You sure can camp. I had a couple favourite maps where I could pitch a tent on the special ammo spawn with a void sniper (praedyths revenge). If my team was getting pumped or I wasn't getting the kills I just bailed and found another game. I'm a crucibaby but it's definitely doable. Might seem slow at the start but you'll eventually find your own groove.

can you bail out of games and K/D still count?

can you bail out of games and K/D still count?

I haven't read all the posts, are you doing Thorn bounty? If so then your progress is counted whether you finish the game or not. So if you're getting smashed it is better just to leave befor your progress takes a massive hit. Sometimes I would just join a game to get some cheap kills at the start then leave and do it again lol.

I haven't read all the posts, are you doing Thorn bounty? If so then your progress is counted whether you finish the game or not. So if you're getting smashed it is better just to leave befor your progress takes a massive hit. Sometimes I would just join a game to get some cheap kills at the start then leave and do it again lol.

nice... yeah doing a exotic bounty "Deleted Hand Gun"

tldr: run around with a shotgun, (any void) shotgun amirte?
also disagree with the suggestion that a void primary hinders. even if dont primarily use your primary, in some situations even the atheons ep will help. besides atheons ep isnt even that bad i dont think.

What did you guys do to him? Boot him just before taking out atheon or something?

I remember something about catastic wanting out of the BF clan for some reason.

Speaking of the BF clan despite being it for ages I've never been in a group with someone else also in the clan so not really sure why I'm still in it.
They broke my heart its complicated*

*may not be true

I used...
Word of Crota
Sword breaker
Void rocket launcher

Didn't take too long really and considering how I never use anything but a scout rifle it was surprisingly fast. Maybe do it when trials and iron banner are on this weekend! Play some scrubs in normal crucible. Also try to pick off some near dead guardians and don't be afraid to run! I played defender and either bubbled on the heavy or bubbled when I was in trouble :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back