Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
That's genuinely bullshit. The rep boost was the main reason for doing nightfalls so it made everything else you did across the week less grindy.

Not only are we losing that boost, they are also making Nightfalls idiot proof. If you wipe in a Nightfall it is because you messed up. I can't think of a single instance where it was the game's fault. Nightfall's force people to play more cautiously and place greater importance on the skill of staying alive. Along with staying together because if one person wipes in a hard to reach spot it makes them that much harder.

If you played smart with your lives then you were well set up to get through them. They didn't need to make them easier like this and they've kind of defeated the whole purpose of what a Nightfall is.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I hear it is just 2 hours of jumping puzzles.
But if you miss a jump, that's ok - a magical scrub fairy will teleport you to the other side so you don't have to worry about trying again.

Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No doubt. I have to say I am slightly envious of the amount of bigfooty Destiny players that play this on PS4. Would be fun since it's not an overly large amount of you, but still enough.
If you get TTK with your PS4 you can speed level to 25...no harm no foul and bingo, part of the cool kids crew!
Join us mate, you can get a 1tb PS4 for $440 on Targets eBay store if you order before the sale runs out.

It's a good little community & once ttk releases a few of the lads that have given it a rest will be back & there will be no shortage of raid groups & fireteams.

Plus you get the added excitement of going through the equipment grind all over again lol.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
But if you miss a jump, that's ok - a magical scrub fairy will teleport you to the other side so you don't have to worry about trying again.

uploadfromtaptalk1440728449078.jpg

It's a good little community & once ttk releases a few of the lads that have given it a rest will be back & there will be no shortage of raid groups & fireteams.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
That's genuinely bullshit. The rep boost was the main reason for doing nightfalls so it made everything else you did across the week less grindy.

Not only are we losing that boost, they are also making Nightfalls idiot proof. If you wipe in a Nightfall it is because you messed up. I can't think of a single instance where it was the game's fault. Nightfall's force people to play more cautiously and place greater importance on the skill of staying alive. Along with staying together because if one person wipes in a hard to reach spot it makes them that much harder.

If you played smart with your lives then you were well set up to get through them. They didn't need to make them easier like this and they've kind of defeated the whole purpose of what a Nightfall is.
it becomes nothing more than a weekly heroic with nf rewards. Seriously. What difference is there now?

* that, the only reason I am still doing it at the moment with literally all the gear (except you Hawkmoon, sooooon) is because of the challenge inherent in the nightfall mechanism. It's the only PvE content I have stuck with.

Ugh

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Anyone feel like year one of destiny has been one big and expensive beta test?
A little, yeah. But it doesn't bother me if it leads to a very good sequel that builds upon this game.

I take the piss out of the game (and Bungie) but I don't deny that I genuinely enjoyed my time with it. Just wish there was a little more substance from the get go and their decisions and changes were a little more in line with what the community wanted. Destiny 2 will no doubt be a purchase for me...as long as it's clear they've learned from past mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back