Multiplat Diablo 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy to have quick plays with this game, I've had so many instances where I've said I'll play an hour and end up having 5 hour sessions, so be wary, this game can easily trick you into playing longer than you intend.

Yeah that happened last night with the demo, was only on for a quick play to see if i wanted to buy it, 1 hour 30 later.

Had some crap to trade in so decided to pick this up. Ran Barbarian in the demo and enjoyed it so might roll with that as my main.

Normal is basically the "easy" mode. For noobs, start at Hard, and like the old games there are about 6-8 more difficulty modes after that. Each rise in difficulty grants different bonuses, like Hard mode is something like 75% more gold drops, etc. Normal has no bonuses.

And there is a little bit of strategy needed on higher difficulties, as many monsters and mini-bosses are immune to certain elemental attacks etc so you might have to think about what you're doing. As I said though, just a little bit, it is just a point and click hack and slash after all. A great one at that.

Glad I started this on hard, might have got boring very quickly if I just went with normal.

Gave it a bit more of a run over the weekend, got a few legendaries and yeah I'm coming round. Started with a Crusader, got to the end of Act 1 at about level 23, now going back and playing some other classes to see what I like. Having fun with a level 20-ish Monk but not liking the Witch Doctor at all, about level 10 but don't think I'll be going back.

Glad I started this on hard, might have got boring very quickly if I just went with normal.

Yeah agree with this, I played about 3 or 4 hours on normal when I first started but have switched it to hard ever since. First time I've ever played a Diablo game too.

Yeah SMK will be decent after the patch. Zdps is very boring currently, personally not my cup of tea

Best site to check for all these acronyms? Was looking at some guides over the weekend, its like another language :drunk:

Gave it a bit more of a run over the weekend, got a few legendaries and yeah I'm coming round. Started with a Crusader, got to the end of Act 1 at about level 23, now going back and playing some other classes to see what I like. Having fun with a level 20-ish Monk but not liking the Witch Doctor at all, about level 10 but don't think I'll be going back.

Yeah agree with this, I played about 3 or 4 hours on normal when I first started but have switched it to hard ever since. First time I've ever played a Diablo game too.

Best site to check for all these acronyms? Was looking at some guides over the weekend, its like another language :drunk:

Haha it stands for Sunwuko's its part of the monkey king set for monks FYI.
I like the Diablo reddit personally for info and builds, each class has their own subreddit. Avoid the blizz forums like the plague though, as with most games dedicated forums they are horrendous. Only the Bungie forums rival them for the sheer trash that is written. Each of the subreddits normally has a post of meanings that explains all the shorthand. Thats why these games have a very strong following, if you want to get really into it, there is so much min-maxing to do to perfect your character.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo link for you. classes are on the side.

AT what level do I get to spend skill points and strength and dexterity etc? It appears when I level up it basically decides that I get a new skill.

After you get the Paragon system, which is after level 70 as far as I remember. Before level 70 you don't get to put stat points wherever you want them, it's automated.

After you get the Paragon system, which is after level 70 as far as I remember. Before level 70 you don't get to put stat points wherever you want them, it's automated.

Oh cool. I was getting a bit frustrated reading the Paragon section and not being able to adjust things. Is there a max level?

Oh cool. I was getting a bit frustrated reading the Paragon section and not being able to adjust things. Is there a max level?

I'm not so sure; but I believe it is infinite. I have heard of some people at Paragon level 800, apparently it takes a long time to level up Paragon after a certain point. At 800 you only get core stats (vitality and something else) upgraded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so sure; but I believe it is infinite. I have heard of some people at Paragon level 800, apparently it takes a long time to level up Paragon after a certain point. At 800 you only get core stats (vitality and something else) upgraded.

That's good then, I hate level caps.

So you don't "level up" after 70 as such, but you get to spend Paragon points? Is that right?

Basically you continue to get experience from mobs at cap. Each paragon level needs more exp to reach the next one, basically the same as the leveling process.
The paragon system was a way they could fix the design flaw that they originally had of not having anyway to change a character other than gear, all wizards were the same and there was also no investment in a character. The paragon system aimed to alleviate that somewhat by allowing you to slowly strengthen and distinguish a character over time. Also allows you to fill in gaps in gear with stats you are missing.

The first level 1000 was reached i think about a week or so ago. Its largely been botted i believe these days however.

Basically you continue to get experience from mobs at cap. Each paragon level needs more exp to reach the next one, basically the same as the leveling process.
The paragon system was a way they could fix the design flaw that they originally had of not having anyway to change a character other than gear, all wizards were the same and there was also no investment in a character. The paragon system aimed to alleviate that somewhat by allowing you to slowly strengthen and distinguish a character over time. Also allows you to fill in gaps in gear with stats you are missing.

The first level 1000 was reached i think about a week or so ago. Its largely been botted i believe these days however.

Sweet, but what do you mean by mobs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back