Syphoncom

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal

I know it is a diablo thread, but it'd be good to discuss builds etc separately, so it doesn't get bumped back pages. Or maybe despite not playing 'games' for the better part of 2-3 years, I'm just a theory-crafting nerd.

I'm going to roll a barbarian, however I'm not yet completely decided on which route I'll take. I prefer melee characters in general, but think I'll primarily go DPS and carry a shield for if/when necessary.

My thoughts on the tank build:

I like how you can swap out runes.

For ignore pain, it's either iron hide or ignorance is bliss. Both are situational; ignorance is bliss would be better when you can predict huge damage, iron hide when it's a sustained increase.

Revenge/Provocation: Look pretty standard.

For war cry, although I haven't seen tables, I can't see Hardened wrath being superior to Veteran's warning (15% dodge) or even Invigorate (10% health + a HOT.

I'd go Wrath of the Berserker. Looks like the best skill in the game for mine, especially for avoidance if you rune for 60% dodge. That's 12.5% of the time you can maintain 60% dodge.

Anyway, an interesting build I was looking at:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhYViP!!cYYaYc
or
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahYViP!!YYYaYc
(minor difference)

The idea here is to keep WotB up as much as possible, so the majority of skills and runes chosen generate fury.

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
What exactly is a 'toon'? I've heard it a few times but still no idea what it means :/

Stick with us mate... We'll keep you edukated:thumbsu::p

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
From memory all you ever needed in D2 was:

WuG - What you got?

In regards to trading, and

RUSH ME 4 FORGE

Dec 11, 2006
skye
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just spoke to EB games where I ordered it from

No midnight launches because of time difference, the dude told me that EB will be ready for pickup on the 15th at 9am and that the servers go live at 5pm on the 15th

which makes me believe that the 16th will be a sick day off work to get a full 24hrs in of gaming

ive been waiting along time for this, cant wait!!!!!

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
I just spoke to EB games where I ordered it from

No midnight launches because of time difference, the dude told me that EB will be ready for pickup on the 15th at 9am and that the servers go live at 5pm on the 15th

which makes me believe that the 16th will be a sick day off work to get a full 24hrs in of gaming

ive been waiting along time for this, cant wait!!!!!

And the 17th :)

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I'm probably just going to get a digital copy... can buy it now. And I think (anyone confirm) you can download pre launch and it is activated right on launch date.

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Dec 11, 2006
skye
AFL Club
Melbourne
And the 17th :)

I wish, but unfortunately not

still I put me leave day in for the 16th, now i am just concerned a little about getting my copy, I gotta work on the 15th so I wont get to EB Games until 5:30 at night, I assume that they get all pre ordered copies and dont sell the ones that are already paid for like mine is

so i assume i could go in a week later if it suited me and my copy would still be there correct??

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I wish, but unfortunately not

still I put me leave day in for the 16th, now i am just concerned a little about getting my copy, I gotta work on the 15th so I wont get to EB Games until 5:30 at night, I assume that they get all pre ordered copies and dont sell the ones that are already paid for like mine is

so i assume i could go in a week later if it suited me and my copy would still be there correct??

I once pre ordered a game at EB (COD BOPS) and i ended up going away that week on holiday. Got a call about 7 days after release asking if i still wanted it and if not they would refund my $10 deposit. Different stores may have different policies.

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Here's the build I might try 1st up.

* I know I said earlier that I didn't like the DH in beta, but I think it will get better later on... so my Demon Hunter (pretty much 1st crack at the calc for and end game build).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZYThQ!eTc!cccaZY

Intro... pretty much going for lots of big crits and hard critting AOE skills. Main concern about this build is it is light on survival (self heals etc).

Passive 1: Archery (30) for +50% crit with crossbow as main.
Passive 2: Sharpshooter (50) for +3% crit every second until I crit.
Passive 3: Cull the Weak (20) +15% damage to slowed targets.

Primary: Hungering Arrow (1) + Spray Teeth (54). Giving +115% weapon damage and 35% chance to pierce. ST cause crits to burst AOE for 50% weapon dmg.

Secondary: Impale (2) + Grievous Wounds (58). Giving 250% weapon damage. GW gives crits 100% additional damage.

Defensive: Caltrops (4) + Bait the Trap (54). Slows enemies within 12 yards by 60% for 6 seconds. BTT gives +10% Crit with all attacks.

Hunting: Companion (10) + Spider Companion (22). Does 30% weapon damage. SC slows enemies by 60% for 2 seconds.

Devices: Fan of Knives (17) + Retaliate (32). Knives do 320% weapon damage to all enemies within 10 yds in front, also slow enemies by 60% for 2 seconds. R surrounds me with blades dealing 464% weapon damage to all enemies if I am struck within 10 seconds.

Archery: Multishot (22) + Full Broadside (46). Deals 165% damage to all enemies in the area. FB increases damage to 214% weapon damage.

Strategies... summon spider, lay down Caltrop traps, stand in them as "bait", start shooting mobs, big crits from Hungering Arrow/Impale/Multishot should deal with most mobs... once mobs get in close, caltrops trigger, cast Fan of Knives for big AOE with Retaliate combined with Cull the Weak for big AoE damage.

Concerns are as mentioned above, lack of self heals, as well as limited damage types for immune mobs. Ah well see how it goes.:thumbsu:

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
"Shut the **** up and identify my items."

Antiques Roadshow

CAIN: What brings you to this event today?

HUSBAND: Well we were killing some rats from our basement with a broom...

WIFE: ... we were using a broom, because we were all out of poison traps and our family heirloom, a sword, was upstairs in the display rack. Plus using that nice sword would have been overkill for simple rats... don't want to compromise it's durability... so I had Roger here use the broom.

HUSBAND: Anyway, we're chasing the rats around our basement with the broom, when I accidently overswung and knocked over some old family storage crates. These crates then CRASH down and break open, and whadda know, amongst the mess we found a couple of items that we think might be valuable

CAIN: Well lets see what you have here. Hmm interesting... it's a small dirk... basically small hand knife. What can you tell me about the history of this item?

WIFE: Well we're not really sure. They had been down there for aaaaaaages in those crates... were already there when we inherited the porperty from my parents. The basement is an unused section of the house, creepy and dirty... we barely go down there. My parents inherited it from their grandparents, and them from theirs. I think going wayyyy back somewhere down the path, some rich Lord had given the property to our ancestors in honor of some glorious deeds...

HUSBAND: Sweetie you're babbling... unfortunately, we can't tell you much else about the history ... except it does seem to be in reasonable condition, made of Bronze, it appears to give off a nice aura, and it looks like it has some hallmarks.

CAIN: That's very observant of you... it is made of "Bronze" and those hallmarks indicate this is a "Balance" item or small dirk. So what you have here is a Bronze Small Dirk of Balance.

WIFE: What's it worth?

CAIN: Unfortunately, not very much. Back in the day these things were a dime a dozen and generally simply sold off at markets for quick small amounts of gold. The materials were generally melted down and used to create better items. I would value it at 20-30.

HUSBAND: Hmmm... I really thought that would have been worth a lot more.

WIFE: Yes, most of the other items that fell out of those crates simply smashed, but this small dirk was sturdly and and strong... I was hoping it might be worth more.

CAIN: Yes, it is a shame... so nothing else made it out of those crates.

HUSBAND: Well the only other thing was this small ring... it is rather plain with a basic blue gem in it.

WIFE: We were just going to hand it down to our daughter for her 18th.

HUSBAND: It does have a hallmark though, which looks like it says "SoJ"... any ideas?

<CAIN FAPS>

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Antiques Roadshow

WIFE: ... we were using a broom, because we were all out of poison traps and our family heirloom, a sword, was upstairs in the display rack. Plus using that nice sword would have been overkill for simple rats... don't want to compromise it's durability... so I had Roger here use the broom.

HUSBAND: Anyway, we're chasing the rats around our basement with the broom, when I accidently overswung and knocked over some old family storage crates. These crates then CRASH down and break open, and whadda know, amongst the mess we found a couple of items that we think might be valuable

CAIN: Well lets see what you have here. Hmm interesting... it's a small dirk... basically small hand knife. What can you tell me about the history of this item?

WIFE: Well we're not really sure. They had been down there for aaaaaaages in those crates... were already there when we inherited the porperty from my parents. The basement is an unused section of the house, creepy and dirty... we barely go down there. My parents inherited it from their grandparents, and them from theirs. I think going wayyyy back somewhere down the path, some rich Lord had given the property to our ancestors in honor of some glorious deeds...

HUSBAND: Sweetie you're babbling... unfortunately, we can't tell you much else about the history ... except it does seem to be in reasonable condition, made of Bronze, it appears to give off a nice aura, and it looks like it has some hallmarks.

CAIN: That's very observant of you... it is made of "Bronze" and those hallmarks indicate this is a "Balance" item or small dirk. So what you have here is a Bronze Small Dirk of Balance.

CAIN: Unfortunately, not very much. Back in the day these things were a dime a dozen and generally simply sold off at markets for quick small amounts of gold. The materials were generally melted down and used to create better items. I would value it at 20-30.

WIFE: Yes, most of the other items that fell out of those crates simply smashed, but this small dirk was sturdly and and strong... I was hoping it might be worth more.

HUSBAND: Well the only other thing was this small ring... it is rather plain with a basic blue gem in it.

HUSBAND: It does have a hallmark though, which looks like it says "SoJ"... any ideas?

<CAIN FAPS>

I get it. And lol'd :thumbsu:

Antiques Roadshow

<CAIN FAPS>

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Any of you guys see this? Wrath

Can't wait for this, took next Thurs and Fri off and if I get all my work done in the office on Tuesday I'll prob take Wed off too!

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I dont get it?

Prerequisites for "getting" are:

- played D2 (preferably within 5yrs of release).
- were familiar with D2 item trading market.
- have seen a couple of episodes of Antiques Roadshow.

PS - getting super excited about this now I've started planning my toons. Can't really take time off for it though as I'm changing jobs and preparing my projects for handover. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back