Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Seriously conflicted about whether I buy this. I loved Diablo and D2 in high school, but I can really see this eating up my life.

Hopefully the specs are too high for my ultrabook and I won't have a choice.

Made me lol, my mate has a 2 year old and he hasn't touched a game in almost that whole time, he has already told his wife his getting a computer for or she can gtfo!

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm about the same. Up until I got a PS3 last weekend, I think the only game I have bought since Lord of Destruction came out in 2001 was Tales of Monkey Island.

Can see myself getting seriously sucked back into gaming if I'm not careful.

For those who are playing beta:

Is Demon Hunter similar to Amazon??
Any PVP yet?
Thoughts on Monk Class?
No potions good or bad addition?

Thanks

Yes Demon Hunter would be the most similar to an Amazon, lots of snare, crowd controlling and evasion skills. All attacks are ranged and multi target. The idea of the Hatred and Discipline in place of mana are really good. You can burn through your hatred in no time, but as it replenishes itself fast and you can speed this up by using Hatred generation attacks, you'll be constantly emptying and filling this every pack of mobs you come across. Discipline charges at a much slower rate, but as it's used for CC and damage mitigation you'll mainly be using this for big pulls and elite/boss mobs.

No PvP as yet.

Just started my Monk so nothing to report as yet. Will get back to you on this shortly.

There are health potions in beta, but they are barely used as it's stupidly easy and health globes drop fairly regularly.

Hope this helps. ")

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Yes Demon Hunter would be the most similar to an Amazon, lots of snare, crowd controlling and evasion skills. All attacks are ranged and multi target. The idea of the Hatred and Discipline in place of mana are really good. You can burn through your hatred in no time, but as it replenishes itself fast and you can speed this up by using Hatred generation attacks, you'll be constantly emptying and filling this every pack of mobs you come across. Discipline charges at a much slower rate, but as it's used for CC and damage mitigation you'll mainly be using this for big pulls and elite/boss mobs.

No PvP as yet.

Just started my Monk so nothing to report as yet. Will get back to you on this shortly.

There are health potions in beta, but they are barely used as it's stupidly easy and health globes drop fairly regularly.

Hope this helps. ")

Thanks for the info. So by the sound of it not all classes have the same mana pool like D2?

Thanks for the info on the Demon Hunter am interested as i usually go a range class as my main.

Is the game hard? By your comment about the health potions seems like it might be to easy?

Thanks for the info. So by the sound of it not all classes have the same mana pool like D2?

Thanks for the info on the Demon Hunter am interested as i usually go a range class as my main.

Is the game hard? By your comment about the health potions seems like it might be to easy?

Each class has their own type of 'mana pool'. Demon Hunter uses a split pool of Hatred/Discipline, Monk uses Spirit which is recharged with certain attacks, same with Barbarians with Fury, Wizards have Arcane Power which just recharges like crazy so you can always blast the s**t out of everything. Witch Doctors are the only class with actual mana, which is recovered through skills.

In essence, no pot chugging, win!

As for the difficulty level, the beta is stupid easy, but it's beta. No doubt the game will step up when it is officially launched.

kBuck

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Panthers

Any half decent computer will should be able to run it on the lowest settings.

On a side note, how do people feel about PVP being patched in after release?

Seriously conflicted about whether I buy this. I loved Diablo and D2 in high school, but I can really see this eating up my life.

Runs fine on my laptop on average settings with the power cable in, Core2Duo T6400 2.0GHz with an onboard Radeon HD 3670. However power cable out and I'm doomed. My Core2 Quad Q9400 clocked 3.4GHz, HD Radeon 6850 box can handle everything on max no worries.

Lifted from http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

Diablo III Minimum System Requirements

Windows

• Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
  • Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
  • 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
  • Broadband* Internet connection
  • 1024x748 minimum resolution
Mac

• Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
  • Broadband* Internet connection1024x768 minimum resolution
Diablo III Recommended System Requirements

Windows

• Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better
Mac

• Mac® OS X 10.7.x or newer
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

Some more video card info:

Supported: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/video-card-support-for-diablo-iii

Unsupported: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
im supposed to be playing golf this afternoon... i may have to revise my plans

I am used to running Heroes of Newerth only, so D3 is a shock to the system for my PC!
I logged in, started up a Witch Doctor, walked to the gates of New Tristram and got pee shy, exited the game and un-installed, couldn't ruin it for 15th.

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Only finding Barbarian fun so far... not overly impressed but Blizzard doesn't make bad games.

I wouldnt worry, I thought the Druid and necro were boring start game but came into there own mid to late game. While I thought paladin was epic fun at start game got boring late game.

In blizzard we trust!

Syphoncom

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Completed the run through on a barbarian (the class I'll play).

Level 11, everything was ridiculously easy throughout. I'm assuming that's because it's beta and it's early game, looking forward to harder content and finishing normal though.

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Completed the run through on a barbarian (the class I'll play).

Level 11, everything was ridiculously easy throughout. I'm assuming that's because it's beta and it's early game, looking forward to harder content and finishing normal though.

Can you select difficulty or does it go like diablo 2, eg beat normal to get hard, beat hard to get nightmare?

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
For those who are playing beta:

Is Demon Hunter similar to Amazon??
Any PVP yet?
Thoughts on Monk Class?
No potions good or bad addition?

Thanks

Demon Hunter - yeah similar to Amazon, ranged fighter, traps/shots to slow targets... only a few skills available so far in beta.

PVP - haven't done yet... not into it that much.

Monk - is like the Assassin without traps, but with some heals.

Potions - are there, but have a long cool down (60secs maybye) to prevent spamming.

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Can you select difficulty or does it go like diablo 2, eg beat normal to get hard, beat hard to get nightmare?

Can't select any other difficulty yet in Beta.

My thoughts:

- so far levels feel very much like D2... just with amped graphics, multiple levels and destructive environments. A bit like SC2 updated the graphics from SC1.

- classes so far seem a bit... meh. Not sure I like the scaled down skill sets. I liked building my skills before and seeing your toon get stronger throughout the game... the investment built a fondness for your character. Not getting that in Beta ATM.

- tried 3 classes so far (Monk, DH, and WitchDoctor). WD is very cool with minions to wreck havoc for you whilst you loot. Didn't like the DH so far, but Monk was pretty good.

- Like the playing interface, but don't like the large inventory/weapon dialog pop-ups... rather these be smaller... less is more type thing.

Will still be addicted though once it is out.:D

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Thanks for the info kayzee, I wouldnt take to much away from the beta, the end product will be alot better. Don't think you can get an overall feel for the game in beta.

In beta did you get those gem things to alter your spells? Don't know what they called? Maybe due to the limited spells these will be an integral part???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back