Dick Smith Gone Bust

Remove this Banner Ad

i had some cards in my possession when their throw out sales started - and past experience said to me 'going into administration' was always inevitable.

hence i just spent the cards on any bits and pieces i thought worthy - just to get rid of them. sim cards mainly.

and didnt buy any more cards, despite the 10% bonus coles and woolies were offering.
that was always fraught with danger, and proved to be.

theres a campaign on to get coles & wollies to compensate the holders of cards they have sold - cant see it happening.

And they are not honouring gift cards. Bastards.. Lucky I didn't get one for christmas.

Yep - People who Got Cards now might as well Burn Them or Put them in then Microwave.

Agree - Not Honouring them is Disgusting and shows how Crap Dick Smith was

i had some cards in my possession when their throw out sales started - and past experience said to me 'going into administration' was always inevitable.

hence i just spent the cards on any bits and pieces i thought worthy - just to get rid of them. sim cards mainly.

and didnt buy any more cards, despite the 10% bonus coles and woolies were offering.
that was always fraught with danger, and proved to be.

theres a campaign on to get coles & wollies to compensate the holders of cards they have sold - cant see it happening.

Agree - Coles and Wollies won't Honour them as they would lose to much money

Yep - People who Got Cards now might as well Burn Them or Put them in then Microwave.

Agree - Not Honouring them is Disgusting and shows how Crap Dick Smith was

nothing to do with dick smith. the administrators take over the running and dictate everything.

standard practice to stop gift cards. hence i dumped mine a month ago.

nothing to do with dick smith. the administrators take over the running and dictate everything.

The Company called Dick Smith. Not the Man as he has not Owned it for Decades.

I never got Gift Cards there and Surprise people did for X-mas as they looked to been going Bust for a Few Months

No one should ever get gift cards... ever

My old man gets me woolworths ones for my bday and xmas. At least they probably wont go bust but they are only good for supermarket, liquor and petrol station so I get petrol and turn them into cash anyway.

My brother bought a rebel gift card with his woolworths gift card and bought a renegades shirt lol.

My old man gets me woolworths ones for my bday and xmas. At least they probably wont go bust but they are only good for supermarket, liquor and petrol station so I get petrol and turn them into cash anyway.

My brother bought a rebel gift card with his woolworths gift card and bought a renegades shirt lol.

Millionaire CEO's roll on the floor laughing at people who buy gift cards.

It has all the thoughtlessness of just giving someone cold hard cash as a gift, with a fraction of the value. plus a huge amount of people never use their gift cards and they end up expiring. Hundreds of millions worth per year goes to waste in gift cards, could of just been kept as cash.

Millionaire CEO's roll on the floor laughing at people who buy gift cards.

It has all the thoughtlessness of just giving someone cold hard cash as a gift, with a fraction of the value. plus a huge amount of people never use their gift cards and they end up expiring. Hundreds of millions worth per year goes to waste in gift cards, could of just been kept as cash.

Yeah thats pretty much why he buys them, thinks more 'thought' goes in a gift card. To be honest I always spend them on groceries or petrol and save the cash I otherwise would have spent.

Cash is far more valuable.

Its disgraceful conduct whether by the senior management or the administrator, or probably both, to time the announcement as they did. I wonder how many $Million they scammed out of people in the pre-Christmas period knowing full well that they were going into receivership. Nothing but a last minute cash grab with the general public being the suckers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its disgraceful conduct whether by the senior management or the administrator, or probably both, to time the announcement as they did. I wonder how many $Million they scammed out of people in the pre-Christmas period knowing full well that they were going into receivership. Nothing but a last minute cash grab with the general public being the suckers.

and The Admins Pocketed that Money?

and The Admins Pocketed that Money?
No they don't pocket the money. But that cash will no doubt go towards paying off the major creditors. They would have known this well in advance and used Xmas as a means of pulling in an extra god knows how much money that they knew damn well would never end up in the rightful owners hands (ie the poor suckers holding gift cards)

Just watching the Channel 10 news and surprise surprise, another one has gone under. Laura Ashley who has 38 stores in Australia has just gone into voluntary receivorship. No doubt another case of many people who have just forked over their cash losing it for good.

the timing was the banks who were owed money - they timed the announcement to a tee.

How does one buy a company for 90mill then float it for 500mill only fornit it to collapse quickly... Also, how does one know it's going broke and then have massive cut price sales prior to Christmas with an emphasis on selling gift cards?? Surely someone must go to prison for this.

This world has too many loopholes...

Last edited:
How does one buy a company for 90mill then float it for 500mill only fornit it to collapse quickly... Also, how does one know it's going broke and then have massive cut price sales prior to Christmas with an emphasis on selling gift cards?? Surely someone must go to prison for this.

This world has too many loopholes...

The law and justice system favour the rich

on the bright side ive cetainly raided the local stores for some bargains.

canon 700d DLK for $299 - normally about $1000 - for the mrs

various bits and pieces normally not worth the bother, but at abnormally cheap prices just had to - cooling pad, mobile modem, sim cards, various tech pieces for tv connections, hair trimmer, lots of cables etc etc.

on the bright side ive cetainly raided the local stores for some bargains.

canon 700d DLK for $299 - normally about $1000 - for the mrs

various bits and pieces normally not worth the bother, but at abnormally cheap prices just had to - cooling pad, mobile modem, sim cards, various tech pieces for tv connections, hair trimmer, lots of cables etc etc.

So all the Shops are Still Open?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back