Did Chris Judd pick the wrong club?

Remove this Banner Ad

No reason to be concerned with which team he went to, only if we could've gotten a better deal, but turned out to the best decision for us (or close to it) since we got JK (and Masto). Could care less about if he could've chosen a more successful team or not.

I noticed this piece from Gary Lyon in The Age:

It reads like a laundry list of Carlton's shortcomings, followed by some what-if hypotheticals.

The funny thing is that, from a WC perspective, we were pretty lucky he chose Carlton. They had an early draft pick to trade as well as a young WA key forward. Without getting into the old debate of whether we 'won' the Judd trade, it's fair to say that Judd's decision to nominate the Blues gave us a much better shot than if he'd nominated Collingwood, whose first pick that year was #14.

How about pick 14 and Leon Davis?

Or picks 6, 23 and Gumbleton from the Bombers? Or picks 4, 14 and something s**t from the Demons?

Richmond were probably the only club in as good a position as Carlton when it came to giving us something half-decent.

My understanding is that, at the time, Judd didn't want to be caught in limbo while WC tried to hammer out a deal with his new club. So he asked each of the clubs he spoke to how they would go about getting a deal done. Apparently, Carlton immediately put pick 3 and Kennedy on the table, which Judd thought sounded fair. Collingwood, on the other hand, dodged and essentially told him 'you just leave that to us', which made Judd a little antsy. Lucky for us.
Why did he get banned?

ian dargie

He wasn't banned as such, he was delisted. Just couldn't break into the strong midfield of the early 1990s. He went on to win a Sandover with Subiaco so it wasn't all bad for him.

Anyone else hoping Judd gets injured in the next game and has to retire. Meaning he will always have played more games out our great club than that piece of poo he is at now? Currently sitting on 134 Eagles games and 132 Carlton games.
I hate wishing injury on anyone but a niggle that hold him out for the rest of the season would be all time!

Anyone else hoping Judd gets injured in the next game and has to retire. Meaning he will always have played more games out our great club than that piece of poo he is at now? Currently sitting on 134 Eagles games and 132 Carlton games.
I hate wishing injury on anyone but a niggle that hold him out for the rest of the season would be all time!

no

Never want to see players get injured and don't really care if he plays more games for the Tank, as he will always be a better player at the Eagles than he ever was at the Blues.

Saw a presser with him last night and he trotted out the ol' "Leave it until the end of the season" line to decide if he will go on

Now, where have I heard that before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1deb_3_wings-20120719221442675509-300x0.jpg

juddtwister.jpg

No he didn't pick the wrong Club .

No one else was going to be able to pay him the coin that The Brown Paper Baggers were ( care of The Price Fixing Mr Pratt and his Environmental Ambassadorial role for Chri$$ with Vizy ).

When Chri$$topher Judd packed his bags to go back home he already has the envied Complete Medal Set of Three.

A Charlie.
A Norm Smith.
A Premiership Medal.

So his return home was all about setting him self up financially .....nothing wrong with that by the way ....what pissed people off was the charade that he went through pretending to select his Club in terms of future footballing success when it was obvious that the coin was the driver.

He has made a s**t load at the Baggers without and on field success.....the lack of Football success wont be that big a deal for him to live with as his quality of life will more than compensate for that.

No he didn't pick the wrong Club .

No one else was going to be able to pay him the coin that The Brown Paper Baggers were ( care of The Price Fixing Mr Pratt and his Environmental Ambassadorial role for Chri$$ with Vizy ).

When Chri$$topher Judd packed his bags to go back home he already has the envied Complete Medal Set of Three.

A Charlie.
A Norm Smith.
A Premiership Medal.

So his return home was all about setting him self up financially .....nothing wrong with that by the way ....what pissed people off was the charade that he went through pretending to select his Club in terms of future footballing success when it was obvious that the coin was the driver.

He has made a s**t load at the Baggers without and on field success.....the lack of Football success wont be that big a deal for him to live with as his quality of life will more than compensate for that.

True but his body is cooked. When he retires he will live the rest of his life with some pretty bad pain.

True but his body is cooked. When he retires he will live the rest of his life with some pretty bad pain.

YEAH but Champs I suspect he may deviously play on the injuries and aching muscles " OH !!! Rebecca the old football wounds are playing up something terrible , so how about you show me some real appreciation by giving the painful groin a bit of a deep massage and rubout as pay back for all the money I made at Carlton that you just spent on clothes down on Chapple Street today. "

As Arfer Daly once said in Minder "Terrance my lad money has its own set of responsibilities".

Collingwood

With Judd they would have created a dynasty......

I'm glad he chose Carlton ...I hate Carlton with a passion and I'm glad he hasn't won a flag with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back