Votes: 164 75.9%
  • Allan Didak (Daicos Version II)

Votes: 52 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

chapmanmagic35 said:
2004 SF as Catman mentioned.

The Stage: Cut throat semi-final

The Team: Essendon who had made the finals 8 years in a row.

wow.

The Stage: Final under lights at the G in front of about 90,000 people.

The Team: Arguably the best ever.

:confused:

Finals

Ablett - Disposals 15.4, Goals 1.4
Didak - Disposals 9.2, Goals 1.3

In 3 of Ablett's 5 finals he has had the ball 15 or more times (once more than 20). In three of Didak's six finals he's had it less than 10 (once less than 5) and never had more than 13.

Didak's game against Brisbane, 6 disposals, 2 goals. Pies win by 14 points.
Ablett's final against Essendon, 22 disposals, 2 goals. Cats win by 10 points.

Ablett Jnr, comprehensively imho. He may get talked up too much but he delivers more than Didak at this point in time.

Catman said:
And Ablett set up our cut-throat Semi Final win against Essendon in 2004 with an outstanding four quarter performance, not two goals after doing SFA for the night.

yeah i was at that game, ablett killed it

i was responding to a post who said he would back ablett to win a final after the siren ahead of didak

that is rubbish

didak, did win the game......watch it and u wont see two more difficult and pressure goals

also as i said i would take ablett over didak as didak hasn't delivered consistently and is a major source of frustration as when he is on he looks unstoppable

id also just like to point out that i said ablett is better at the moment, but you know some people just like talking crap. :)

DynamoUltra said:
So maybe the more pernient question would be, "Is Didak a one game wonder?"

Didak may have won a game off his own boot, and I use the term "may have" as loose as I can, but Ablett is a much more consistent performer who plays in the midfield and doesn't get cheap kicks skirting packs. Didak is a dirty player who thinks he is muscles, when, in actual fact, hitting players when they are not looking is cheap, easy and an act of a want to be footballer.

didak destroyed a few teams this year whilst playing on one leg with no match fitness.....one of them being hawthorn!!

hitting players when they aren't looking........at hawthorn they make u captain if u do that!!

also see wannabes like
c.brown
m.osbourne
d.jacobs

I don't think there's any doubt that Ablett is the better player at the minute.

His attack on the footy is second to none, and despite windyhill's protests to the contrary, he actually creates something by attacking the footy, even if he doesn't always end up with it.

Didak's attack is too focussed on the man. He is more skillful than Ablett. Then, he's more skillful than most players in the comp! But he's got heaps to prove in terms of attitude. Having had two injury/suspension interrupted years doesn't help his reputation out any, as he still hasn't ever had a propper run on the ball (any more than 2 minutes!).

Should be an interesting year to watch these two, and hopefully both will be relatively injury free and push for more midfield time.

Quality summation FIGJAM.

I rate both these players but obviously have seen more of GAJ.

He is an excellent young player, and that has nothing to do with his surname. He's not as freakish as his father, but hey, who is? He does do a lot of quality things with the ball and has the ability to break a game open. He is also one of the most closely tagged players in the competition. This should not be underestimated. I would say right up there with Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeke said:
You're entitled to a blatently wrong opinion.
Thank goodness, I've been a little worried as I wasn't sure.

Zeke said:
Um, no. He actually doesn't
a number of your collingwood supporters don't seem to agree with you on that, at least on the "at the minute" part. Of course you could be making an attempt at humour in suggesting that "at the minute" refers to pre-season training and if so, I'll concede that it's uncertain who performs best in that arena.

dids4 said:
if you think it is, you really need to watch more footy.

oh and 'team: hawthorn'.

HA. shame on you, you've seen diddy at his best. :thumbsu:

Yep, 4 uncontested goals... How easy can you get. Talk about pack skirter, soft ball collector etc. If that was Didak at his best, I'd take Chief Wiggum as a footballer over him anyday. At least Wiggum has guts.

DynamoUltra said:
Yep, 4 uncontested goals...

mate diddy couldnt help that the opposition was pathetic. what did you want him to do - run to the boundary to make them interesting?

ps. 4 goals and also 23 posessions. dont you forget it.

DynamoUltra said:
Yep, 4 uncontested goals... How easy can you get. Talk about pack skirter, soft ball collector etc. If that was Didak at his best, I'd take Chief Wiggum as a footballer over him anyday. At least Wiggum has guts.

Is it depressing knowing that the captain of your football club wouldn't get a game any other AFL club with the possible exception of Carlton? :D

Back