Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
One of the benefits of adopting intermittent fasting is I've learnt to enjoy my (numerous) morning coffees black with no sugar to prolong the fast.

It took a while to get used to but it actually tastes a bit sickly to me now when I drink coffee with milk in.
I found a cafe around the corner that makes proper coffee, London is still stuck in the cafe dark ages for the most part. I very rarely get a milky coffee but they are true coffee artisan's and whenever I'm nearby I can't resist.

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
I found a cafe around the corner that makes proper coffee, London is still stuck in the cafe dark ages for the most part. I very rarely get a milky coffee but they are true coffee artisan's and whenever I'm nearby I can't resist.
When I was in London, I went on a morning coffee pilgrimage and found 3 or 4 great coffee's at boutique cafes around SOHO and just North of the city. Berlin and Amsterdam have a very modern coffee scene with quality establishments. Paris and most of Italy are still stuck in the old fashioned cafe ways.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
When I was in London, I went on a morning coffee pilgrimage and found 3 or 4 great coffee's at boutique cafes around SOHO and just North of the city. Berlin and Amsterdam have a very modern coffee scene with quality establishments. Paris and most of Italy are still stuck in the old fashioned cafe ways.
Soho and few other areas are spoilt for choice when it comes to quality coffee spots. Most established residential areas only have crummy old cafes and chains though.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Today I'm completing my first 24 hour in nearly 3 months been struggling to get my diet in check of late and I feel like some more fasting will definitely help with that.

Had a BP coffee as a lunch replacement but won't eat any fast breaking food until dinner time.

Whenever I've been fasting regularly I've always found my appetite and cravings for bad food is kept in check. Fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Great response from Zoe Harcombe on the WHO report on red meat and cancer.

"What do I take from this report? There is a heck of a lot of bad science coming out the World Health Organisation, an organisation that should know better, but then there have previous casesof not knowing better.

Nothing has changed from my fundamental belief that human beings should eat real food (especially grass-fed, naturally reared meat and naturally preserved meat). Avoid processed food, including meat processed by fake food companies. And take every observational study that doesn’t know these five points above with a hefty pinch of salt."

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2015/10/world-health-organisation-meat-cancer/

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It's rare that I prasie mainstream media, but
Good to see Fairfax running with some meaningful commentary.

http://m.smh.com.au/environment/ani...le-nothing-to-brag-about-20151029-gklzks.html

This last week or so has been very interesting to watch, in terms of the scampering, back peddling and defensiveness since the truths from WHO (this forum has been particularly amusing to observe).

But thankfully some bigger picture context has been provided above, as its something that people tend to gloss over because they want to avoid their own guilt.

The meat industry must be in full panic mode to cover all this up.

I must admit I've slipped up and eaten meat a couple of times over recent months.

I'm now getting extra vigilant and have made a commitment to stay 100% vegan for at least the next 6 months. Time to break the cycle of slip ups and stay plant based.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
It's rare that I prasie mainstream media, but
Good to see Fairfax running with some meaningful commentary.

http://m.smh.com.au/environment/ani...le-nothing-to-brag-about-20151029-gklzks.html

This last week or so has been very interesting to watch, in terms of the scampering, back peddling and defensiveness since the truths from WHO (this forum has been particularly amusing to observe).

But thankfully some bigger picture context has been provided above, as its something that people tend to gloss over because they want to avoid their own guilt.

Do you have examples, and the article was obviously biased as Elise Burgess is an animal activist so it's hardly surprising she would take this view.

Last edited:
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
The meat industry must be in full panic mode to cover all this up.

I must admit I've slipped up and eaten meat a couple of times over recent months.

I'm now getting extra vigilant and have made a commitment to stay 100% vegan for at least the next 6 months. Time to break the cycle of slip ups and stay plant based.
I don't eat chicken at all except in rare circumstances now, when I do I must say it seems like a very bland meat to me now. Proper non factory farm chook though I assume would taste totally different.

I don't eat chicken at all except in rare circumstances now, when I do I must say it seems like a very bland meat to me now. Proper non factory farm chook though I assume would taste totally different.

Factory farmed chicken isn't something I want to support.

Factory farmed anything really. Human consumption of meat is out of control and unnatural. I'm not entirely against the concept of it but the industry that uses up enough food and water to feed every person on earth fattening animals for obese westerners is quite sickening.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Do you have examples, and the article was obviously biased as Elise Burgess is an animal activist so it's hardly surprising she would take this view.

Countless examples, just a quick perusal of this board provides you with many. Trying to extract any tiny counter argument against the WHO announcement. Its been amusing to watch.

And I love how an ethical argument against the brutal meat industry is viewed as "bias". But wouldn't expect anything less than yourself, I bet you're about to label me as a "troll" as you usually do when anyone has a differing opinion than yourself.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Countless examples, just a quick perusal of this board provides you with many. Trying to extract any tiny counter argument against the WHO announcement. Its been amusing to watch.

And I love how an ethical argument against the brutal meat industry is viewed as "bias". But wouldn't expect anything less than yourself, I bet you're about to label me as a "troll" as you usually do when anyone has a differing opinion than yourself.
Looks like someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today. :)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Loo someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today :)

Not at all. I'm as happy as I've ever been. World Vegan Day festival was as big and popular as its ever been. Magnificent to see.

Just going off your condescending and dismissive track record, there's little chance of meaningful conversation with yourself.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Factory farmed chicken isn't something I want to support.

Factory farmed anything really. Human consumption of meat is out of control and unnatural. I'm not entirely against the concept of it but the industry that uses up enough food and water to feed every person on earth fattening animals for obese westerners is quite sickening.

We grow enough food by way of soy, corn, grain and wheat etc to feed approx 12-13 billion people per annum. But instead of eating this food, we decide to use it to grow the 100 billion plus land animals that are slaughtered every year.

This comes at a detrimental and staggering cost to the environment, the planet, our resources and our health.

Meanwhile, over 900 million people worldwide are chronically undernourished and lack basic access to food and water.

Our distribution of our resources is ******* disgusting, and the time will come when we will be condemned by future generations for our shocking treatment of each other, our planet, and the animals that we coexist with.

It's proven we do not need to rely on the cruel death and torture of animals to live happy and healthy lives. But humans are an incredibly selfish species.

I listen to the s**t people spout out to mask their own guilt and hypocrisy. There was a time too where I used to tell myself what I wanted to hear just so I could justify my food choices (ie, 'humane' meat).

Factory farming is horrific and will one day be viewed in same means as we know look back upon the age of slavery and shake our heads with disgust.

The time will come. It's happening already. When people stop to really think about the facts, it really is an irrefutable choice.

You're either part of the problem. Or part of the solution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back