Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Diet Cola's have been in full societal use for decades. If there were any issues that passed the lab testing phase they would have come out in the wash over the past 40-50 years.

The proof is in the pudding. Plenty of people smash those drinks back hard (I do) and there are no side effects.

There may be some merit to that argument that it *s with your metabolism, but otherwise no.

Started back on IF and IIFYM this week. Was following some pretty strict meal plans, got some decent results, but found the restrictions killed me, made me lapse on my plan. Hitting 40% C 40% P 20% F, and feeling pretty good, did the bulk of my weight loss on this, and just feels easier to stick to than a strict meal plan of chicken and rice etc.

How realistic is this

So generally i've had some issues in my personal life over december. Break up of a relationship, kind of looked at myself and got pissed off i'm carrying about 20 kilos more then i should.

185cm, 108 kilos, i've dropped about 7 kilos so far start of december till this morning i've hit 101

I play sport pretty regular (basketball 3 times a week) and i've decided to measure everything in my diet, Now my diet was horrific, about 180grams of sugar a day, Take away every third day

So i've cut it to about 1800 calories a day, Not considering playing sport either or running (started jogging as well). Do you think it's long-term achieveable? or will like a lifetime of s**t habbits end up catching upto me? Sugar intake still goes from 60grams to 100grams (fruit juice replaces dare iced coffee, baby steps)

It's been about after christmas i've been measuring everything i've eaten. Cravings for s**t food are pretty bad but in 2 weeks i wont get the physical exhaustion from lack of sugar and it will just be a mental issue

Hit my lowest weight (90.5 down from 135.4) this week. Second week back on IIFYM and loving it. So much easier than strict meal plans of just chicken, rice etc

:)

1511915_797272596955768_258895673_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's awesome, what sort of meals did you eat to lose that much weight?
I just did intermittent fasting during the day (2 protein shakes during the day so I didn't feel like dying) and ate whatever my folks had at night. Mainly just the usual home cooked stuff. Then would just eat whatever filled the rest of my macro requirements

I just did intermittent fasting during the day (2 protein shakes during the day so I didn't feel like dying) and ate whatever my folks had at night. Mainly just the usual home cooked stuff. Then would just eat whatever filled the rest of my macro requirements
Hate to break it to you, but having two protein shakes whilst fasting means your not actually fasting. ;)

The jury is still out, but some think you can have some fat and still be in a fasted state.

Hate to break it to you, but having two protein shakes whilst fasting means your not actually fasting. ;)

The jury is still out, but some think you can have some fat and still be in a fasted state.
Yes I realise that. I followed the basic principles of IF but broke it up with two shakes because I didn't think I would be able to stick to consuming nothing in the time in consumed the rest of my macros in a small window. Either way I'm 90kgs as of today, so I'll take what I've done over your winky face.

The jury is still out on 90% of nutrition and fitness principles

Yes I realise that. I followed the basic principles of IF but broke it up with two shakes because I didn't think I would be able to stick to consuming nothing in the time in consumed the rest of my macros in a small window. Either way I'm 90kgs as of today, so I'll take what I've done over your winky face.

The jury is still out on 90% of nutrition and fitness principles
That's fair enough, but just pointing out (for others as well) that it's not IF

It's a bit like the current 5:2 fast diet craze, like your protocol it's not fasting, it's just calorie control.

That's fair enough, but just pointing out (for others as well) that it's not IF

It's a bit like the current 5:2 fast diet craze, like your protocol it's not fasting, it's just calorie control.
Yeah sorry. It's probably closer to IIFYM but with your majority macros 90% consumed in a small window

Just wanting any feedback on my macros etc (Since i'm a paranoid nutjob)

Got it at 2700 all up for calories. 196cm, 90kg, and am very active.

Protein: 207
Fat: 78g
Carbs: the rest

Just wanting any feedback on my macros etc (Since i'm a paranoid nutjob)

Got it at 2700 all up for calories. 196cm, 90kg, and am very active.

Protein: 207
Fat: 78g
Carbs: the rest

Are you trying to lose weight?

How active is very active?

Are you trying to lose weight?

How active is very active?
Footy training/running twice a week. Weights 5 days, and 2 HIIT sessions. Walk/jog with the missus most days two (shes trying to drop weight, so i'm doing it to motivate her)

Not really trying to lose weight currently, have a bit of fat that i'm trying to get rid of, so realistically building muscle without gaining fat.

How realistic is this

So generally i've had some issues in my personal life over december. Break up of a relationship, kind of looked at myself and got pissed off i'm carrying about 20 kilos more then i should.

185cm, 108 kilos, i've dropped about 7 kilos so far start of december till this morning i've hit 101

I play sport pretty regular (basketball 3 times a week) and i've decided to measure everything in my diet, Now my diet was horrific, about 180grams of sugar a day, Take away every third day

So i've cut it to about 1800 calories a day, Not considering playing sport either or running (started jogging as well). Do you think it's long-term achieveable? or will like a lifetime of s**t habbits end up catching upto me? Sugar intake still goes from 60grams to 100grams (fruit juice replaces dare iced coffee, baby steps)

It's been about after christmas i've been measuring everything i've eaten. Cravings for s**t food are pretty bad but in 2 weeks i wont get the physical exhaustion from lack of sugar and it will just be a mental issue

I'm just about the exact same measurements right now, and I eat 2400 a day and average 1.5-2kg loss per week. You sure you don't want to eat a little more?

I'm just about the exact same measurements right now, and I eat 2400 a day and average 1.5-2kg loss per week. You sure you don't want to eat a little more?
mines more just the s**t soft drink and chocolate milk. Im exercising a bit more. Walking/jogging (i have a probelm with ankle which is another reason i need to drop weight) still having a can of coke a day which i need to ween off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back