Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

What are peoples thoughts on this stuff?

http://www.olea.com.au/benefits/antioxidant-power

I asked a work colleague what's in her green smoothie and she mentioned this stuff.

All i can say is, buy some, give a go and see how you feel. I know i take some super greens every morning, and they help give me some extra energy.

All supplements are a scam. If you want antioxidants eat fruits and vegetables.

No they aren't, as long as people treat them as supplements not replacements. I agree fresh and whole food should be your primary source of macro nutrients and micro nutrients, and supplements should be exactly that supplement your diet.

All i can say is, buy some, give a go and see how you feel. I know i take some super greens every morning, and they help give me some extra energy.

No they aren't, as long as people treat them as supplements not replacements. I agree fresh and whole food should be your primary source of macro nutrients and micro nutrients, and supplements should be exactly that supplement your diet.
Cheers, I wasn't actually interested in giving it a go, I was just curious about the product and peoples thoughts on it? Not many seem to have heard about it, or just give a s**t - so it seems. :p

What are peoples thoughts on this stuff?

http://www.olea.com.au/benefits/antioxidant-power

I asked a work colleague what's in her green smoothie and she mentioned this stuff.

Olive leaf extract is very good to take in the winter months to strengthen your immune system to help prevent getting colds n flu's etc...

Cocoa powder is a very good anti-oxidant too, Dark chocolate is a good source.

I wouldn't get to caught up in the Anti-oxidant hype, it's just a good marketing spiel to promote products & suck your hard earned dollar out.
If you don't eat junk food which makes you sick then you don't need to counter act it.

Olive leaf is one of the better the ones though, make sure it's in a glass bottle not plastic.

All supplements are a scam. If you want antioxidants eat fruits and vegetables.

Fruit & vegetables are a scam too.
If the nutrients ain't in the ground then they ain't gunna be in the plant.
Take a piece of fruit to a lab & get it's nutrient content analysed, you'll be in for a shock, fruit is the devils candy!

Olive leaf extract is very good to take in the winter months to strengthen your immune system to help prevent getting colds n flu's etc...

Cocoa powder is a very good anti-oxidant too, Dark chocolate is a good source.

I wouldn't get to caught up in the Anti-oxidant hype, it's just a good marketing spiel to promote products & suck your hard earned dollar out.
If you don't eat junk food which makes you sick then you don't need to counter act it.

Olive leaf is one of the better the ones though, make sure it's in a glass bottle not plastic.
Cheers, that's what I was after. :thumbsu:

ubegu9yh.jpg

Yep, all the fruit and veg I eat is doing me a world of harm!!!

Fruit & vegetables are a scam too.
If the nutrients ain't in the ground then they ain't gunna be in the plant.
Take a piece of fruit to a lab & get it's nutrient content analysed, you'll be in for a shock, fruit is the devils candy!

I know things like iceberg lettuce are pretty much water, most shop tomatos are tasteless and just grey fibre and potatos are plain starch. That's fairly obvious.

Kale and broccoli are packed with nutrients. The darker green the better.

I am careful with fruit all the time. No colour, no buy. Especially strawberries, nothing worse when they're bland and crunchy.

I am careful with fruit all the time. No colour, no buy. Especially strawberries, nothing worse when they're bland and crunchy.
whats the deal with frozen strawberries. yay or nay?
the packet says 100% natural, nothing added but im a tad skeptical.

Probably a similar answer to most frozen fruits as I inquired about on here a few weeks ago about packaged frozen mango pieces. Depending on the brand it wouldn't be inconceivable that in order to be able to claim this, it could simply mean that "they" didn't add anything to the product once imported, the possibility being that whatever fruit it is, is still open to having had sweeteners added to it before in their possession.

Here's Ablett's take on it, PoopingHindi:

Yes most foods have an allowable percentage that they don't have to list the product/ingredient if it's below 3% allowing for inconsistent variants.
Milk has an allowable percentage of blood n escriment because it's pasteurised.
Remember they never listed palmate , the only reason we know it was in milk is cos of all recent marketing stating the milk palmate free.
Palmate n biol a cheap milk fillers but palmate became more expense so the stopped putting it in but twisted the marketing to make us believe the companies took it out to make it healthier for the consumers-bull-f'ing-schit!

Frozen fruit in the supermarkets is from overseas where their farming practices aren't very strict & the fields are usually irrigated by recycled sewage.
The fruit is usually poor quality n bland hence why they add sweeteners, some strawberries are sprayed with aspartame!
All the crap fruit goes into fruit juices where sugar is added to make it palatable, you often read on labels , No added sugar.
The loophole is , Golden Circle etc didn't add any sugar but the juice manufacturer they get it from add the sugar.
The label will state, we don't add any sugar, it never states that no sugar is ever added.

The food industry is very Dodgey & misleading, that's why you need to source as much as your food as you can directly from its origin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can any frozen Aussie strawberries maybe but good luck!
All the frozen fruit in supermarkets seem to be from Chillie, USA or Asia.
Pretty sad when local supermarkets don't even sell local frozen fruit considering allot of Aussie fruit goes to waste its pretty poor form.
By local fruit & freeze it yourself then you know more about its origin.
Frozen fruit looses it's colour & flavour after a while so they spray it with chemicals to preserve a fresh n vibrant appearance & some fruit is sprayed with artificial sweeteners so they taste sweet opposed to bland.
Dull n tasteless fruit isn't very appealing to the consumer.

How do people rate these? I thought i'd be getting a purple centre, or just, the same as a regular sweet potato, but the centre was white.

comparable to regular sweet potatoes? or better/worse?

sweet-potatoes-red-2138675735-500x500.jpg

Apparently purple sweet spuds contain more anti-oxidants & they definitely are creamier in taste n texture, closer to a white spud.
Good for a change, probably for baking, shepherds pie etc..

Purple sweet potato is ace. I tried some not long ago. Got a nice sweet creamy mash.

I don't buy frozen fruit. I'm very picky with my strawberries. Many brands are tasteless, there's a lot of different farms to choose from when they're in season and the good ones will walk out the door when on special.

I don't buy frozen fruit. I'm very picky with my strawberries. Many brands are tasteless, there's a lot of different farms to choose from when they're in season and the good ones will walk out the door when on special.
Problem is like many fruits in Australia (supermarket "tomatoes" for one, non-local apples another) they're often picked slightly green and ripened in transit - the flavour is nowhere near the same.

Problem is like many fruits in Australia (supermarket "tomatoes" for one, non-local apples another) they're often picked slightly green and ripened in transit - the flavour is nowhere near the same.

Or gassed & stored in cool rooms for several months to control supply n demand.

Can I ask what brand of super greens you take? Keen to start taking some myself!

I was just gonna buy the BN brand one, but my friend highly recommended me to buy this instead, its what he takes and according to him he's done his research and its the best one..
http://au.iherb.com/Paradise-Herbs-ORAC-Energy-Greens-12-8-oz-364-g/10731

Would love any feedback, cheers.

Can I ask what brand of super greens you take? Keen to start taking some myself!

I was just gonna buy the BN brand one, but my friend highly recommended me to buy this instead, its what he takes and according to him he's done his research and its the best one..
http://au.iherb.com/Paradise-Herbs-ORAC-Energy-Greens-12-8-oz-364-g/10731

Would love any feedback, cheers.

There is so many to choose from so can be tough. I use YOR health Super greens (and they have a whole range of other products);

http://www.yorhealth.com/products/supergreens/default.aspx

by BN im assuming you mean Bulk Nutrients? I ordered a 250g packet i think thats what they come in, they are good but i find the YOR health super greens better tasting and feel more energised.

Or gassed & stored in cool rooms for several months to control supply n demand.
Ja, especially US apples - stored for months, get floury in the middle, taste like s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back