Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

I love whiting, they are so abundant they don't get farmed, however they are very highly skewed to having more protein and very little fat. Herring are also great little oily fish and can be caught at any beach here in WA.

good idea. I think I'll get back into sardines. Lower on the food chain, so low mercury.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of swordfish and marlin, but it's not something you can eat a lot of though.

Also love smoked cod livers, although this is not something that endears you to others.

Shall, do, but are there any experiences you guys can share?
if you read the intermittent fasting thread, in the first 5 or 6 pages I blogged my early experiences with it.

Read, bazaar, ablett, showdown, bigcox etc for many interesting experiences on LCHF/ Paleo

Im at a point now where I want to try something new in my diet and a new challenge.

When you read this forum, you get sold the benefits of LCHF, IF and BP Coffee. Is there a way peopele are combining all 3 of these concepts and how are they going about it?

I've been doing these concepts for the past few years with maybe the odd refeed but for the last two months I've taken LCHF to np the next step of Nutritional Ketosis.
Two days a week I do a.m fasted cardio n don't that evening & 1 day a week I do a fat fast ,
no food after 8pm Monday night-
Tuesday- BP coffee b4 12noon, BP hot choc mid to late arvo, cup of hot Tea with cream in the evening.
Wednesday - BP coffee around 10-11am, break the fast fast by a 2.30pm pre workout protein shake.
So it's a 36-40hour period where I consume virtually fat( cream n butter n MCT oil ) only, some trace carbs in the cocoa powder for the BP hot choc.

Feeling pretty good atm n have cut back on allot of my regular daily supps.

Crazy. Would be hard to go from where I'm at to that.

IF interests me, but I have a feeling that I would be better off trying to do 16:8 eating between from 7am-3pm because I work a reasonably boring, sedentary job that means I spend a lot of time doing nothing and easily thinking about food. I knockl off work at about 6pm where I generally go to the gym and complete 40 mins weights, 30 mins cardio, 30 mins spa/sauna. This means I don't usually get home until 9ish and then it's not long until bed time. I find this easier than the idea of getting up in the morning and not eating until afternoon. Would my proposed idea work?

Also; if you were to introduce the BP coffee in to that lifestyle, when do you have it? In the morning as breakfast, or with breakfast?

Crazy. Would be hard to go from where I'm at to that.

IF interests me, but I have a feeling that I would be better off trying to do 16:8 eating between from 7am-3pm because I work a reasonably boring, sedentary job that means I spend a lot of time doing nothing and easily thinking about food. I knockl off work at about 6pm where I generally go to the gym and complete 40 mins weights, 30 mins cardio, 30 mins spa/sauna. This means I don't usually get home until 9ish and then it's not long until bed time. I find this easier than the idea of getting up in the morning and not eating until afternoon. Would my proposed idea work?

Also; if you were to introduce the BP coffee in to that lifestyle, when do you have it? In the morning as breakfast, or with breakfast?

I grew up eating Maccas n & Fish n Chips so if I can do it anyone can.

BP Coffee would be your breakfast, you could have another one late arvo n not eat til pre workout.

The less you the less you feel like eating if that makes sense.

The beauty of Keto is if you like fat you can eat cream off the spoon, try that on a low fat n low cal diet.
Hi fat protein shakes are decadent!

Bout how much should you be eating in any given day? I know that calories aren't all equal, but if the period between 7am-3pm how much should I be looking to consume?

Apologise if this should really be in the IF thread...

Bout how much should you be eating in any given day? I know that calories aren't all equal, but if the period between 7am-3pm how much should I be looking to consume?

Don't eat, live on ketones.

Isn't that the advice on this board now?

An estimated maintenance (ie. how much food to consume to remain the same weight) calorie number is determined by your height, weight, sex, age, bodyfat percentage and daily activity level. There are numerous calculators available on the internet to help you figure out this estimate.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ is one.

To lose weight, you'd basically need to be eating under this maintenance number (nothing too drastically low). To gain mass, eat above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I guess I was looking for confirmation that the aim is still to eat the same amount of calories in that period as you would under any other pretense, just to fit it all between 8 hours rather than any longer period of time...

Okay I guess I was looking for confirmation that the aim is still to eat the same amount of calories in that period as you would under any other pretense, just to fit it all between 8 hours rather than any longer period of time...

Correct , calories are irrelevant to a certain point , it's your daily macro's you should be more so targeting.
Work out how many carbs your needing/wanting, then rest of your eating shoul be 70% fat 20% protein.
Divide the portions into your eating window whether it's two decent size meals or 3-4 medium feeds.

Multiply your weight by 24 will give you a rough daily calorie maintenance number but there's lots of variables if your relying on results from strict calorie counting.

Dont eat. why? My brain runs on ketones and I eat an enormous amount of food. Opps... thats right, you are only having fun and s**t stirring.

Not don't eat ever. Just don't eat until you're so hungry you binge out on heaps of fat.

I'm so confused. I don't know what the message is any more.

Correct , calories are irrelevant to a certain point , it's your daily macro's you should be more so targeting.
Work out how many carbs your needing/wanting, then rest of your eating shoul be 70% fat 20% protein.
Divide the portions into your eating window whether it's two decent size meals or 3-4 medium feeds.

Multiply your weight by 24 will give you a rough daily calorie maintenance number but there's lots of variables if your relying on results from strict calorie counting.

This is where it becomes overly tricky, because how does a clueless git decide macros? It's based on goals, but what are the goals? I'm a few kgs overweight again and want to cut. So how does one decide the macros?

Shall, do, but are there any experiences you guys can share?
Can you be a little more detailed in what your current workout/fitness/nutritional routine looks like and why you're doing things that way? Would also be helpful to know where you're at now (fitness, strength and body fat wise) and what you're looking to achieve from this lifestyle (improved general well being, greater aesthetics, strength, long term health benefits, etc.)

The great thing about LCHF, IF and BP is that there's always a way to make it work for you around your existing lifestyle instead of so many other plans which are super strict and therefore unsustainable.

Can you be a little more detailed in what your current workout/fitness/nutritional routine looks like and why you're doing things that way? Would also be helpful to know where you're at now (fitness, strength and body fat wise) and what you're looking to achieve from this lifestyle (improved general well being, greater aesthetics, strength, long term health benefits, etc.)

The great thing about LCHF, IF and BP is that there's always a way to make it work for you around your existing lifestyle instead of so many other plans which are super strict and therefore unsustainable.

Current situation:
29yo
180cm
88kg
Got to 79kg this time last year, but have been a bit lazy because I get a little too comfortable at times. doesn't mean i'm incapable of nailing down when i want/need, it just is what it is.
i work in a sales job, i arrive at work at 8am and leave at 6pm.
i generally go to the gym after work, 30 minute or so weight session, 15-30 minutes of cardio and then 15 minutes sauna.
my 'good' daily eating plan consists of:
breakfast:
low fat yoghurt, mixed with 1 scoop WPI
frozen raspberries
oats
lunch:
150g chicken
kale coleslaw mix from coles
probably a small amount of sauce to keep it from being overly boring
afternoon tea:
protein shake
apple
dinner (post work out)
30g protein source
brown rice
mixed vegetables
bit of sauce again
sometimes casein shake before bed.
of course, that is the 'better' scenario, don't mention the times where i might eat junk food for lunch or drink like a fish after an ass of a day at work.
i'm keen to try the BP stuff because everyone raves over it, i want to try new things.
i've had times in the past where i haven't eaten between afternoon and the following morning and it has seemed to help weight loss over those days that i've done it, so there could be something there.
i would like to shed about 6 or so kgs ASAP.

just as an experiment why dont just replace the breakfast you have with a BP coffee. Do the rest exactly the same as you do now, eat lunch and dinner and workout as you would any other 'good' day.

BP coffees are high calorie so you'd probably be similar calories in - calories out.

plus you 'd probably be a better salesman running only fat in the AM.

I'd be interested to see how it goes.

If that doesnt lose enough weight then just drop the BP coffee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back