Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Until its proven otherwise then yes, I'd almost say no one has stood on a podium without PED's.
The Lance Armstrong saga has only scratched the surface.

But it can never be proven otherwise.....

But where does the PED scandal stop? If all olympic medalists are using PED, does it also mean all AFL player are using PED's?

Wait... you're saying that every gold medalist is a performance enhancing drug user?
This is ablett you're talking to. He will accuse anyone of anything and then say it's up to them to prove otherwise.

Any logical person in the world knows that it's up to the person making the allegations to prove it, but I digress.

keep-calm-and-get-wiggy-with-it.png

Just a query, I eat to my macros and have found it's the best way to maintain weight/gain weight/lose weight. Right now I weigh 80kg at 180odd cm and have been this weight since I restarted weight training and started counting my calories, this is my three month breakdown:

Starting Weight 80kg:
Starting Lifts -
Squat 80kg 5x5
Bench 70kg 5x5
DL 90kg 5x5
OHP 45kg 5x5
Row 50kg 5x5

Current Weight 80kg
Current Lifts
Squat 120kg 5x5
Bench 85kg 5x5
DL 140kg 5x5
OHP 60kg 5x5
Row 75kg 5x5

Needless to say, my body composition has changed even though I have not gained or lost a single kilo.
I'm much leaner now and visibly bigger - therefore I support eating to my macros. I currently eat 3,020 Calories daily, do heavy weight training 3x a week and HIIT 2-4 times a week with a longer run (usually 1.5-4km) thrown in somewhere

However, most people would classify my diet as impossible to lose weight or maintain weight on, for example this is last thursdays entry:

For a total of 3,045 / 3,020 calories:

Breakfast ~ 692 cal
1 Scoop Gold Standard Whey
250ml Full Cream Milk
100g Crunchy Nut cereal

Lunch ~ 926 cal
1.5 Cups Chicken Breast - Chopped/Diced
250g Brown Rice
10 Chicken McBites

Dinner ~ 1,020 cal
Margarita Pizza - 6 slices from Pizza Hut

Snacks ~ 407 cal
Vanilla UpNGo Energize - 250ml
Tasti Salted Caramel Protein Bar - 40g

Which resulted in:
91g Fat
344g Carbs
193g Protein
1705mg Sodium
233mg Cholesterol

So what possible negatives could there be to me eating like this, if any?

I also highly recommend everyone check out the IIFYM lifestyle and the science behind all of this, it's pretty cool.

Are you a tradesman?

Just a query, I eat to my macros and have found it's the best way to maintain weight/gain weight/lose weight. Right now I weigh 80kg at 180odd cm and have been this weight since I restarted weight training and started counting my calories, this is my three month breakdown:

Starting Weight 80kg:
Starting Lifts -
Squat 80kg 5x5
Bench 70kg 5x5
DL 90kg 5x5
OHP 45kg 5x5
Row 50kg 5x5

Current Weight 80kg
Current Lifts
Squat 120kg 5x5
Bench 85kg 5x5
DL 140kg 5x5
OHP 60kg 5x5
Row 75kg 5x5

Needless to say, my body composition has changed even though I have not gained or lost a single kilo.
I'm much leaner now and visibly bigger - therefore I support eating to my macros. I currently eat 3,020 Calories daily, do heavy weight training 3x a week and HIIT 2-4 times a week with a longer run (usually 1.5-4km) thrown in somewhere

However, most people would classify my diet as impossible to lose weight or maintain weight on, for example this is last thursdays entry:

Breakfast ~ 692 cal
250ml Full Cream Milk
100g Crunchy Nut cereal

Lunch ~ 926 cal
250g Brown Rice
10 Chicken McBites

Dinner ~ 1,020 cal

Snacks ~ 407 cal

Which resulted in:
91g Fat
344g Carbs
193g Protein
1705mg Sodium
233mg Cholesterol

I also highly recommend everyone check out the IIFYM lifestyle and the science behind all of this, it's pretty cool.

Negatives- Diabetes, high inflammtion, nutrient deficiency, leaky gut syndrome etc....
Your eating habits has many floors n blanketed by your high activity levels.

Stop exercising & see if your physique alters, the general concencious here will be your eating too many carbs n protein & not enough fat.
If you fine tuned your diet you would get the same physique benefits without having to do half the cardio or gym your currently doing.

Remember ,
"You'll never out exercise your mouth".

Haha far from it, I work in IT.

I'm happy to be exercising as much as I do at the moment though, how would I obtain a nutrient deficiency if I am getting more than the RDI% on everything aside from sodium ?

And what would cause me to get diabetes and leaky gut syndrome?

Your body will be using its nutrient stores to digest n dump all the processed food your eating , hence deffiency in certain nutrients.

Processed foods n high simple sugars can cause Leaky Gut Syndrome.

srs, want feedback with sources telling me i'm wrong

sounds a lot like broscience to me, got any sources?

Leaky Gut Syndrome isn't a legitimate medical condition and therefore isn't of any concern to myself
I see where you are coming from ;) I take it all back, your diet is perfect for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to me like you're reading more than what's there.

People don't generally go to all this trouble:

Starting Weight 80kg:
Starting Lifts -
Squat 80kg 5x5
Bench 70kg 5x5
DL 90kg 5x5
OHP 45kg 5x5
Row 50kg 5x5

Current Weight 80kg
Current Lifts
Squat 120kg 5x5
Bench 85kg 5x5
DL 140kg 5x5
OHP 60kg 5x5
Row 75kg 5x5

Breakfast ~ 692 cal
250ml Full Cream Milk
100g Crunchy Nut cereal

Lunch ~ 926 cal
250g Brown Rice
10 Chicken McBites

Dinner ~ 1,020 cal

Snacks ~ 407 cal

Which resulted in:
91g Fat
344g Carbs
193g Protein
1705mg Sodium
233mg Cholesterol

... Just to poke fun at you.

If you think otherwise, you're deluded. It wouldn't hurt to reply to the guy with some humility first rather than put the walls up the second they've indicated not doing what you're doing.

I'm not sure why the elitist vibe of replies to this guy's questions? He's asking for assistance, and evidence-based feedback. Not condescending one-liners. Somebody provide the guy with some links or something. You're hardly helping your cause otherwise...

Both of my questions were attempting to address whether or not his choices would catch up with him. If he is a tradie then hard labour would be burning additional cals.

Also; I asked if how old he was because young people also have a tendancy to have a faster metabolism - and eventually eating a lot of junk will catch up with you..

If you think otherwise, you're deluded. It wouldn't hurt to reply to the guy with some humility first rather than put the walls up the second they've indicated not doing what you're doing.

In Bazaar's defense, it does on the surface seem a little silly to try to be justifying a diet including crunchy nut cereal, chicken mcbites and half a pizza. I don't think it takes half a brain to establish that this diet is probably not good for you truth be told..

In Bazaar's defense, it does on the surface seem a little silly to try to be justifying a diet including crunchy nut cereal, chicken mcbites and half a pizza. I don't think it takes half a brain to establish that this diet is probably not good for you truth be told..
True, but then nobody's trying to justify it, they're asking what can be changed. People all over the world rock up to gyms every day but still eat a diet similar to this - that doesn't mean they think it's the ideal diet, hence why he's asking.

I've calculated my caloric needs using a credible source and I've maintained the EXACT same weight for three months, somehow I don't think you understand quite how the human body operates; IF YOU EAT MORE CALORIES THAN YOUR BODY NEEDS YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT. IF YOU EAT LESS, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

It's not rocket science, also unlike yourself here's a source from a natural bodybuilder with a PHD in nutritional science, specializing in protein synthesis.

Have a watch and tell me why i'm wrong or get a source that can.

You have just answered all your questions in this post.

Any seriously concerned about their health wouldn't be seeking advise on a footy forum when all the research is out there to be discovered , I've spent zillions of hours researching so why shouldnt others?.
He'll never learn otherwise.

The key is to research then maybe ask the odd question for clarification if the topic your researching has some variables.

People come on here & post on topics where there's a been a years or so worth of discussions n want instant answers without taking the time or paying the respect to read all the info.

Last time I checked it takes 9 years to be a Doctor?

Thanks mate, I'm not trying to poke fun at anyone just don't understand how people can make outlandish calls such as Chaos who has seen my macronutrients which all indicate that I am getting the right amount of nutrients I need. Yes a little dense on the processed stuff but all in all i'm hitting the macros i've set for myself, could do with a little more fat and a little less carbs but the nutrients are pretty good. I'm not saying that the way I'm eating is ideal and that you can eat whatever you want either, if you don't get enough fibre it's probably not ideal.

I've calculated my caloric needs using a credible source and I've maintained the EXACT same weight for three months, somehow I don't think you understand quite how the human body operates; IF YOU EAT MORE CALORIES THAN YOUR BODY NEEDS YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT. IF YOU EAT LESS, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

It's not rocket science, also unlike yourself here's a source from a natural bodybuilder with a PHD in nutritional science, specializing in protein synthesis.

Have a watch and tell me why i'm wrong or get a source that can.

Please explain how you are getting all the nutrients you need?

There's hitting your macro's for the day thru real food & there's hiiting your macros for the day from junk food ,
Quality of ones daily macros makes a big difference.

Dig a bit deeper n you may find BioLayne ain't so natural after all.
Internet gurus claiming to be Natural body builders is just a good marketing spin.

Please explain how you are getting all the nutrients you need?

There's hitting your macro's for the day thru real food & there's hiiting your macros for the day from junk food ,
Quality of ones daily macros makes a big difference.

Dig a bit deeper n you may find BioLayne ain't so natural after all.
Internet gurus claiming to be Natural body builders is just a good marketing spin.

[citation needed]

I'm not an expert about nutrition, don't ever claim to be. But as part of a calculation of macros and what not, you need to hit a certain number of fats. But the number of fats recorded on your macro count, do we establish what type of fats make the number up?

Good fats/bad fats.. saturated, trans fats, all that stuff. I guess that's probably where the criticism would lie although I can't really expand too much further on it for lack of knowledge.

I guess an example would be comparing the chicken mcbites from mcdonalds with say a handfull of almonds covered in avocado. I don't know the actual macro split of them but I would suspect if they hit a similar numbers breakdown then anyone could make the assumption that one choice is better than the other - and you still hit your macros.

I'm not an expert about nutrition, don't ever claim to be. But as part of a calculation of macros and what not, you need to hit a certain number of fats. But the number of fats recorded on your macro count, do we establish what type of fats make the number up?

Good fats/bad fats.. saturated, trans fats, all that stuff. I guess that's probably where the criticism would lie although I can't really expand too much further on it for lack of knowledge.

I guess an example would be comparing the chicken mcbites from mcdonalds with say a handfull of almonds covered in avocado. I don't know the actual macro split of them but I would suspect if they hit a similar numbers breakdown then anyone could make the assumption that one choice is better than the other - and you still hit your macros.
At the end of the day not all calories are created equal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back