Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Quest bars are the best nutrition wise and there are a heap of different flavours. If you're looking for taste then titan bars are the best I reckon

Yeah have been all over quest bars lately. They're awesome and as you mentioned have quite decent nutritious value. Titan were also quite decent in terms of taste as well.

Im still on the hunt for these. Also in sea salt and BBQ

A packet or two and half dozen Big Heads would be a great treat.

Not cheap, but i might order some tomorrow and check em out

http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/ques...ogleshopping&gclid=CPb7vaGUhMICFUiSvQodplAABQ

quest-protein-chips.1411958479376.png

Supplement Facts
Quest Protein Chips
Serving Size

1 Bag
Nutritional Information
Per Serve
Energy502kJ 120Cal
Fat - Total 1.5g
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 190mg
Potassium 65mg
Carbohydrates - Total 5g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Protein 21g

Quest Protein Chips Ingredients
Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Dried Potatoes, Corn Starch, High Oleic Sunflower Oil. [The only thing wrong]
Contains less than 2% of the following, Sea Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavours.

Last edited:
TBH, my "happiness paper hat" would probably just involve the top half of the pyramid. I'm much more likely to crave and be happy with dairy, eggs and meat, than I ever would rice, bread and pasta.

Amen. Rice and pasta were the foods I always tried to get out of eating when I was a kid. Whenever Mum made spag bol I'd eat all the meat and veggies out of it and try get away with leaving as much of the spaghetti as possible. Rice I disliked even more.

Amen. Rice and pasta were the foods I always tried to get out of eating when I was a kid. Whenever Mum made spag bol I'd eat all the meat and veggies out of it and try get away with leaving as much of the spaghetti as possible. Rice I disliked even more.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like rice and pasta, but I don't find it difficult to avoid or go without them. I couldn't care less about bread either TBH. Find it much more difficult to avoid or go without meat and dairy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH, my "happiness paper hat" would probably just involve the top half of the pyramid. I'm much more likely to crave and be happy with dairy, eggs and meat, than I ever would rice, bread and pasta.
There is something to be said for listening to your cravings and considering what is behind it - I get cravings for protein fairly regularly and sometime carbonated drink which is easily solved with a sodastream*

(in b4 carbonated water will kill you)

Thoughts on Vital Greens? I know I should eat my veggies but man, it's a challenge for me. Notice Port players drink it too.

I use a product called super greens from YOR Health, same premise. Just like other supplements they gave you that little extra but aren't 100% required, if you are like me and have no issues eating veggies than don't worry to much. But if you a) dont like eating veggies b) can't be arsed steaming them c) want to get that bit extra in go for it.

Thoughts on Vital Greens? I know I should eat my veggies but man, it's a challenge for me. Notice Port players drink it too.

The higher the ORAC value the better, the products that don't list the ORAC value on the label is cos it's score is low.
Me personally wouldn't waste money on greens products, highly processed & offer a poor nutrient boost for the cost involved.
Cows eat grass & we eat cows.

Maca powder is a much better option.

Im about to see my derm gp tomorrow, im pretty sure i have urticaria. For 3 months ive been breaking out in slow forming rashes after doing heavy lifting. But the last week has been crazy all over body with no lifting. Ive just gone over everything im eating and am blown away by the "avoid" additives in the food im eating.since ive been getting them ive been eating a lot of maxibons, and i think the numbers might be causing the problem. The interesting thing is, i think it is only set off after a second condition is met of heavy exercise. Either way im on an avoid list additive diet as of today and its so hard. Craving coke and ice cream. Have a huge headache too.

Any ideas to help maintain this challenge. Lots of water of course.

Im working on rotating beef pork and chicken, salad, fruit soy smoothies for breakfast eggs and maybe w/m rice and or pasta, but not sure about those two.

It could be anything, but most likely is diet related. sounds like you pretty much know what to do. Cut out all processed food - if it goes away then at least you know you don't have a life sentence. Once you've fixed it slowly add back the bad s**t you like if you really must until you find which food is causing it.

get into fresh vegie juicing. not only will it help fix your hives you'll prolly improve your lifts ;)

Im about to see my derm gp tomorrow, im pretty sure i have urticaria. For 3 months ive been breaking out in slow forming rashes after doing heavy lifting. But the last week has been crazy all over body with no lifting. Ive just gone over everything im eating and am blown away by the "avoid" additives in the food im eating.since ive been getting them ive been eating a lot of maxibons, and i think the numbers might be causing the problem. The interesting thing is, i think it is only set off after a second condition is met of heavy exercise. Either way im on an avoid list additive diet as of today and its so hard. Craving coke and ice cream. Have a huge headache too.

Any ideas to help maintain this challenge. Lots of water of course.

Im working on rotating beef pork and chicken, salad, fruit soy smoothies for breakfast eggs and maybe w/m rice and or pasta, but not sure about those two.

DAIRY!!!

The amount of problems dairy causes is amazing. Skin, joints, immune system, digestive tract.

It's the one thing that paleo and vegan agree on. For good reason.

DAIRY!!!

The amount of problems dairy causes is amazing. Skin, joints, immune system, digestive tract.
This board seems to have become the "blindly repeat crap and misinterpret scientific studies" board.

Immune system - some people react to lactose. Some to other components. Some not at all. Dairy is fine unless you're actually having negative reactions. Like any other food out there.

Joints - related to the immune system stuff. If you have sore joints and ditch dairy and improve, yeah good on you. But the vast majority of people won't have any trouble.

Skin - what? Nah. Again, you might be having a reaction to dairy which affects skin etc. Otherwise its fine.

You can read all about it in my new book "The Philly Cheese Steak Miracle Diet".

This board seems to have become the "blindly repeat crap and misinterpret scientific studies" board.

Immune system - some people react to lactose. Some to other components. Some not at all. Dairy is fine unless you're actually having negative reactions. Like any other food out there.

Joints - related to the immune system stuff. If you have sore joints and ditch dairy and improve, yeah good on you. But the vast majority of people won't have any trouble.

Skin - what? Nah. Again, you might be having a reaction to dairy which affects skin etc. Otherwise its fine.

You can read all about it in my new book "The Philly Cheese Steak Miracle Diet".

I look forward to your book becoming a new fad diet.

Doctors have known for a long time that dairy products cause excess mucus buildup in the body, causes the immune system to act in strange ways and many people have difficulty with the casein protein from the Holstein abomination that produces milk at mega profit producing rates while being fed crap and is full of cancer.

Humans don't need bovine excretions but if they were to choose to consume such products it should be done from healthy grass fed free range jersey cows.

Really humans should only drink mothers breast milk as it is properly formulated for human nutritional requirements.

Plenty of info here.

http://www.notmilk.com/

I look forward to your book becoming a new fad diet.

Doctors have known for a long time that dairy products cause excess mucus buildup in the body
I'm getting tired of saying this, but this just isn't supported by science. It is an old wives tale.

Studies show that specifically drinking milk gives people a sensation of more nasal/throat mucus but measurements show this is just what they feel, not what is actually happening.

Very very few people have milk allergies. If you had an actual milk allergy you'd be vomiting.

We don't NEED cows milk but we also aren't killing ourselves by drinking it. Europeans have evolved to digest it, just as they have evolved to handle alcohol better than Asians. This is evolution.

So, that is my day in this board done. I am sure I'll be back again some other day spreading the joy of harsh reality.

It could be anything, but most likely is diet related. sounds like you pretty much know what to do. Cut out all processed food - if it goes away then at least you know you don't have a life sentence. Once you've fixed it slowly add back the bad s**t you like if you really must until you find which food is causing it.

get into fresh vegie juicing. not only will it help fix your hives you'll prolly improve your lifts ;)
Cheers. Im gonna give it a go. This one will be up first. https://juicerecipes.com/recipes/man-golden-juice-37

Remove this Banner Ad

Back