Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-28/wellness-warrior-jessica-ainscough-dies-from-cancer/6271036

glenferry23 was the gerson therapy referenced in this article similar to the raw vegan diet you used to overcome cancer?

Yes, I am one of the fortunate ones.

I do not know too much about her type of cancer though to be in a position to comment.

Other than to say its a brave choice to take your health into your own hands. Very sad to hear of her passing. Rest in peace.

I think its terrible that Jess's passing has been used for point scoring on both sides on the net today. She was a trooper who was to be admired.

RIP Jess.
From what I've seen, she was a bit of an anti-medicine nut.

Probably lured a bunch of people to an early grave with rubbish home remedies.

Coffee enemas? Come on. Even you can't think that is effective for anything.

From what I've seen, she was a bit of an anti-medicine nut.

Probably lured a bunch of people to an early grave with rubbish home remedies.

Coffee enemas? Come on. Even you can't think that is effective for anything.

One day you'll post something of substance.

Maybe not though.

One day you'll post something of substance.

Maybe not though.
Ironic post.

If you don't want to refute anything I've said, you probably don't need to respond to my posts.

Look at all of her photos. Almost all are on her right side with her left arm obscured - those with her left arm visible are older photos. She was not presenting any sort of realistic picture of her illness, wanting to avoid life-saving, yet disfiguring, surgery with quack remedies.

It's a triumph of vanity over reality and she died because of it. It's understandable to not want to face such a surgery, she has my sympathy there.

Any death is sad, all the more if the life could have been saved with a known treatment. We don't know how many other sad, preventable deaths she has left in her wake.

Cancer deaths like this always sadden me.

Jess Ainscough had a shot, one shot. She didn’t take it.

What saddens me even more is that I can understand why she didn’t take it, as, through a horrible quirk of fate, her one shot involved incredibly disfiguring surgery and the loss of her arm.

Still, I wish she had taken it and hadn’t instead decided to become an icon of “natural healing.” (If she had, there’s about a 70% chance she’d still be alive today.)
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2015/02/27/the-wellness-warrior-jess-ainscough-has-passed-away/

Bazzar do you think coffee enemas have any therapeutic value at all?

Last edited:
Actually I have started a new thread to give you guys some space to discuss your beliefs in this thread.

Responses to fad dieting and quackery now have their own thread here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/fad-diets-and-quackery.1089235/

The idea might work or users might decide they don't want to just post in that thread. Let's see how it goes.

Ironic post.

If you don't want to refute anything I've said, you probably don't need to respond to my posts.

Look at all of her photos. Almost all are on her right side with her left arm obscured - those with her left arm visible are older photos. She was not presenting any sort of realistic picture of her illness, wanting to avoid life-saving, yet disfiguring, surgery with quack remedies.

It's a triumph of vanity over reality and she died because of it. It's understandable to not want to face such a surgery, she has my sympathy there.

Any death is sad, all the more if the life could have been saved with a known treatment. We don't know how many other sad, preventable deaths she has left in her wake.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2015/02/27/the-wellness-warrior-jess-ainscough-has-passed-away/

Bazzar do you think coffee enemas have any therapeutic value at all?

I had a quick skim read of the article you posted. Personally a few things listed seemed extreme compared to traditional western approach to diet. All i can is i doubt it would of done any harm and personally when facing a life threatening illness all aspects of treatment need to be looked. You can't solely rely on medicine, you need to look at your diet also and vice-versa.

I had a quick skim read of the article you posted. Personally a few things listed seemed extreme compared to traditional western approach to diet. All i can is i doubt it would of done any harm and personally when facing a life threatening illness all aspects of treatment need to be looked. You can't solely rely on medicine, you need to look at your diet also and vice-versa.
There's no argument that having a good diet is beneficial and if this girl had been an advocate for that, all well and good. But she was creating a marketing business out of Gerson therapy which is total rubbish.

Seems her mum was well into it and died from breast cancer for want of proper medical attention.

As I said, who knows how many other people she encouraged to an early grave?

2 weeks into the caveman diet and I've leaned out quite a bit through the hips, I also feel arrhh cleaner. It's weird, I'm still craving the carbs and sugars but feel better not having them.

I'm continuing with the 5 days caveman/paleo and 2 days normal food ( grain, dairy, carbs, sugar).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 7
Freelee and Durianrider are being taken to South Australian Supreme Court on March 23 over remarks posted online. Will be interesting to follow this one. I Couldn't careless about crazy Freelee, but I hope Durianrider cops it big time.

Me too :)

Hey do you know much about the girl who is taking them to court?

I read some quotes from Duriander and freelee and it would appear they are crapping their pants a bit, which in itself is pleasant. They've been saying things like they "hate the promotion of fad diets and eating disorders" - which is crazy given that they promote a diet of 50 bananas a day. They're anti whole food balanced diet and instead promote a raw food nutrient deficient vegan diet of 50 bananas a day. FFS. They're ridiculous.

I don't know anything about the girl that is taking them to court but she has millions of instagram followers (much more than their youtube followers).

Bikini Girl versus Banana Girl: Fitness trainer and Instagram star sues diet guru who eats 50 bananas a day over 'hurtful' claims she is starving her followers and her partner takes steroids
  • Legal fight brewing between two Australia's most popular social media personalities
  • Adelaide personal trainer Kayla Itsines has lodged a lawsuit against online sensations Freelee the Banana Girl and Durianrider
  • Ms Itsines is behind the Bikini Body Guide fitness program and has more than 2.3 million Instagram followers
  • 'Freelee the Banana Girl' has more than 330,000 YouTube subscribers and is famous for 'eating 51 bananas a day'
  • The case is listed for hearing on March 23

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tarving-followers-partner-takes-steroids.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughly 8 weeks last season and currently been on it since November.

are you eating enough fat and protein?

Also carbs are not the devil - if you believe you're eating enough fat and protein and still feel a lack of energy then your body probably needs some carbs. Eat sweet potato and fruit.

Also carbs are not the devil - if you believe you're eating enough fat and protein and still feel a lack of energy then your body probably needs some carbs. Eat sweet potato and fruit.

Had heaps of protein and fat, there's where all my calories were coming from. Carbs were pre and post exercise, sweet potato/rice and a banana if I was still hungry.

I'm putting it down to the fact I'm already lean and skinny, I was lean and skinny while eating 300g of carbs per day anyway. Might have something to do with increased insuline sensitivity? Basically, I both looked and felt better when my carbs were 100-150. I miss the explosiveness in my runnung and the extra endurance I had in the weight room.

Last edited:

"Insulin and insulin resistance drive obesity. Refined carbohydrates such as white sugar and white flour cause the greatest increase in insulin. These foods are quite fattening. This does not mean that all carbohydrates are similarly bad. There is a substantial difference between ‘good’ carbohydrates (whole fruits and vegetables) and ‘bad’ (sugar and flour). Kale and broccoli will not make you fat no matter how much you eat. But eating even modest amounts of sugar can certainly cause weight gain. Yet both are carbohydrates – so what is the difference? How do we distinguish the two?....

.... Cocaine users will know that very fine powders are absorbed into the bloodstream much faster than coarse grains. This allows for higher ‘highs’ – both for cocaine and for glucose. The refined wheat causes glucose to spike up. Insulin levels follow."
http://intensivedietarymanagement.com/the-great-carbohydrate-debate-how-to-lose-weight-viii/

Loving the Paleo diet atm! I feel brilliant, there's a noticeable difference in my general wellness, hard to explain. I'm sticking to strict paleo for 95% of the day, only thing I add is a protein bar which gives me a little fat and feels me up really good.

Today I ate as follows -

7:30am - Apple + black Coffee

8:45am - 3x eggs with yolk

10am - banana + protein shake

12:15pm - 200gm chicken breast + plate full of greens

1:15pm - 1 x 65gm carbless protein bar

2:30pm - banana + protein shake

3:45pm - black coffee

5:30pm - pre workout

8pm - 2x chicken cutlets + cucumber and greens

8:30pm - protein shake

Noticeable difference in my stomach and certainly feel a lot less bloated, not holding much water at all. I'm now only using Saturday as my cheat day, Sunday I'll go back to strict paleo again. I need to get some variety in my diet though, any thoughts? How goods herbs and spices on your chicken though? Amazing!!

"Insulin and insulin resistance drive obesity. Refined carbohydrates such as white sugar and white flour cause the greatest increase in insulin. These foods are quite fattening. This does not mean that all carbohydrates are similarly bad. There is a substantial difference between ‘good’ carbohydrates (whole fruits and vegetables) and ‘bad’ (sugar and flour). Kale and broccoli will not make you fat no matter how much you eat. But eating even modest amounts of sugar can certainly cause weight gain. Yet both are carbohydrates – so what is the difference? How do we distinguish the two?....

.... Cocaine users will know that very fine powders are absorbed into the bloodstream much faster than coarse grains. This allows for higher ‘highs’ – both for cocaine and for glucose. The refined wheat causes glucose to spike up. Insulin levels follow."
http://intensivedietarymanagement.com/the-great-carbohydrate-debate-how-to-lose-weight-viii/

Almost impossible to get the type of powder you talk off in Australia, it's a real farce the level of rubbish cocaine here. Brazil though... Wow

Loving the Paleo diet atm! I feel brilliant, there's a noticeable difference in my general wellness, hard to explain. I'm sticking to strict paleo for 95% of the day, only thing I add is a protein bar which gives me a little fat and feels me up really good.

Today I ate as follows -

Noticeable difference in my stomach and certainly feel a lot less bloated, not holding much water at all. I'm now only using Saturday as my cheat day, Sunday I'll go back to strict paleo again. I need to get some variety in my diet though, any thoughts? How goods herbs and spices on your chicken though? Amazing!!

My issue is protein shakes are not Paleo.

Paleo 2015 is a marketing joke.

Today I ate as follows -

Waaaay too much protein even if you do lift. Get more calories from fat. Chicken thigh instead of breast and smother everything in butter coconut or olive oil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back