Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Garcinia Cambogia was made famous by Dr Oz, give YouTube a search for it. I work with a guy that has been using it for a while and swears by it. Has lost a lot of weight but also runs a lot and is consistent with his food intake so I couldn't say if it contributed or not. It is natural and cheap though, comes from the tamarind plant or one related to it from memory.

What is the BN 'Musclefood 101'? There isn't a description with the product on their website :confused:

Bizarre - this page was blank when I opened it;
http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/view/muscle-food-101/muscle-food-101

But click on buy and this comes up under the regular "Details" tab you normally see when browsing their products;
http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/muscle-food-101-2.5kg/MF10102.5KG

Muscle Food 101 is designed for those who find adding muscle and mass difficult through a normal diet. Muscle Food 101 is formulated with a ratio of 2 -1 Carbohydrates to Protein, which is considered ideal for muscle growth as well as recovery and delivers twice the protein of many ‘gainers’.
MuscleFood 101 combines two carbohydrate sources, Maltodextrin and Natural Oats, which provide a combination of complex carbohydrates, low in sugars with naturally occurring vitamins and minerals. Although Muscle Food 101 is moderate GI for rapid absorption, the sugar levels are relatively low.
Protein contributes to the growth of muscle mass and is necessary for muscle building and repair. As a protein source, Muscle Food 101 combines the rapidly absorbed Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) and Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) which are high in BCAAs, EAAs, Glutamine and other conditionally essential amino acids. These have long been considered the best protein sources for gaining muscle and work perfectly with the carbohydrate sources in Muscle Food 101.
The last but vital addition to MuscleFood 101 is MCTs – medium chain triglycerides at 3000mg per serve. These healthy fats can assist with energy demands and have been shown to have a direct effect on performance. Two doses of Muscle Food 101 a day will provide 6000mg of MCTs, the same amount as used in many studies.
It’s for this reason that Muscle Food 101 is not simply a Mass Gainer, but a vital fuel in aiding performance and recovery.

Just ordered another 4.5kg of whey protein.......Bloody love this stuff

Just ordered another 4.5kg of whey protein.......Bloody love this stuff

Why order it? It's available in supermarkets isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drinkable or tablet form?
Scivation's Xtend or ALR Industries Chain'd out are the best tasting you will ever find.
If you want cheap, get the Bulk Nutrient one but I didn't like the taste after living on the other two. BPI Blox is also pretty good.

I've only had Muscle Pharm tablet ones, were fine, reasonable priced IMO.

You can also get a fair bit of BCAA's in your protein powder as well, depending on what you use

Tran
My friend has picked up some transdermal magnesium for me. ablett have you heard of this?

He's into bio-hacking and has been raving about this.

Transdermal magnesium has been around for decades.
You rub it on parts your skin & it absorbs straight into your blood apparently.
You'll possibly notice a difference if your deficient in mag.
Epsom salts in your bath is transdermal in a way too.

Your can make your own transdermal with mag powder & DMSO as your carrier.

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if the AFL has banned all peptides such as hydrolized whey isolates or just the more advanced 'grey-area' type peptides?

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if the AFL has banned all peptides such as hydrolized whey isolates or just the more advanced 'grey-area' type peptides?
Is that you James?

No but they should be, taste bad , overpriced n no research to prove any better than regular whey unless you listen to the companies selling it.
Hydro whey creates a bigger insulin spike but doesn't increase MPS or lean muscle mass anymore than regular whey.
Save your money n spend it on steak!

No but they should be, taste bad , overpriced n no research to prove any better than regular whey unless you listen to the companies selling it.
Hydro whey creates a bigger insulin spike but doesn't increase MPS or lean muscle mass anymore than regular whey.
Save your money n spend it on steak!

I'm also of that opinion for the most part although the insulin spike has been shown to be a powerful anabolic agent

I'm also of that opinion for the most part although the insulin spike has been shown to be a powerful anabolic agent

Yes but there's a lot cheaper options to spike your insulin than hydro whey.
Couple of ripe , I mean brown spotted, bananas with whey post w/o will do the trick n a teaspoon of l-Leucine added can increase the insulin by upto 50%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back