Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have you heard the story of how that came about?

Some journo contacted a facebook friend of the killer to ask about him. As luck would have it it was a troll facebook account from someone on a fitness forum who took the opportunity to feed her all that bullshit about creatine and she swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Then a heap of other news sites picked it up and ran with the story too. A pretty masterful trolling effort I must say.

Funny enough it will do creatine sales more good than harm, half the reason people take steroids is cos of its reputation steroids turns you into a raging aggressive mad mosta!

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a lot of hype about "grass-fed" dairy and beef at the moment, but haven't cows always eaten grass?

Yes, until farmers found a quicker way to fatten cows up for higher production n more profits.
Grains, Soy n corn, I don't understand why people consume grains, soy n corn when it's deliberately fed to cattle because of how quick it fattens them up!

What does everybody snack on around here? Looking for suggestions that are relatively high in calories, but doesn't require cooking (see: I can just grab it from the fridge/pantry)

Looks like I'm going to be required as a Linebacker this year, so I want to put on a few more kg's.

What does everybody snack on around here? Looking for suggestions that are relatively high in calories, but doesn't require cooking (see: I can just grab it from the fridge/pantry)

Looks like I'm going to be required as a Linebacker this year, so I want to put on a few more kg's.
Yoghurt & Nuts are the two major ones - generally have two lunches though (11am & 2pm) so cuts out the need for during the day snacks.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!

Peanut butter 30g and mixed nuts 30g (cashews, almonds, brazil nuts etc) equals around 400 cals. Quick and easy.
Greek Yoghurt 100g, Protein powder 40g, Banana large is around 150g around 420-450 cals

Bulk nutrients has a "mass gainer" called muscle food around 300 cals per 80g serve. 5kg bag is about $80

As mofra said below look at adding in another meal if you have time for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'v just purchased some iSatori Bio-Gro, everyone talking it up. First scoop used this morning, will let you all know my thoughts.

Anyone else using it or trying it out.......?

https://massivejoes.com/shop/supple...tori-bio-gro?gclid=CPfojoWdgsACFVgjvQoddTgAjw

All it is is over hyped colostrum, u can by raw colostrum of websites for allot cheaper.

I doubt you'll noticed any difference consuming colostrum opposed to whey, BCAA's , EEA's , meat or eggs.
Infact an egg would be far superior to a serving of colostrum, Leucine even more superior.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
All it is is over hyped colostrum, u can by raw colostrum of websites for allot cheaper.

I doubt you'll noticed any difference consuming colostrum opposed to whey, BCAA's , EEA's , meat or eggs.
Infact an egg would be far superior to a serving of colostrum, Leucine even more superior.

Thanks for your advice.

Will give the supp a go and see what happens, coincidentally i ordered a bag of Leucine from bulk nutrients so i can trial one against the other.

Fernando2Gibbs

Senior List
Feb 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Came across the old Oxyelite Pro pills, fair to say they're the strongest thing i've ever tried...constantly feel full on them.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
I'd been crashing during my workouts like halfway through, particularly on leg day. So I've started taking 5g of beta alanine and 3.5g of AAKG (both bought from bulknutrients) intra workout and feel ******* awesome for it. I've always thought intra workout bros were the biggest phaggots out there but I can't recommend it enough. Considering a 250g packet of each with cost you $36 it's a super investment (buy some Raspberry Amino Acid Flavouring while you're at it though, this stuff tastes horrible without it).

So normally slam down a scoop of pre workout then slowly sip my intra concoction over my entire workout, perfect amount of fuel which doesn't break the fast but keeps me charged like a mofo over the whole workout.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd been crashing during my workouts like halfway through, particularly on leg day. So I've started taking 5g of beta alanine and 3.5g of AAKG (both bought from bulknutrients) intra workout and feel ******* awesome for it. I've always thought intra workout bros were the biggest phaggots out there but I can't recommend it enough. Considering a 250g packet of each with cost you $36 it's a super investment (buy some Raspberry Amino Acid Flavouring while you're at it though, this stuff tastes horrible without it).

So normally slam down a scoop of pre workout then slowly sip my intra concoction over my entire workout, perfect amount of fuel which doesn't break the fast but keeps me charged like a mofo over the whole workout.

How long are your work outs?

Back