The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
No matter how he spins it every week after a loss he's signalling out players and scratching his nose for excuses.

In this weeks one he is putting up vital statics showing anyone that watched it that we are playing our poorest footy since round 15 in 2011.

What do you think Brad Scott will be telling his boys at 3 quarter time if the games in the balance and I pray it is. He'll be explaining to his players that we are soft and if they keep working hard they'll wear us down because they are 3 years more advanced than us and he'll give them the stats. The assistant coaches will think he's a genius and they'll all be laughing after they win having a beer when they find out Brad got these stats off our bloody website.

Can it now it's an embarrassment. How can you dress down Jack for breaking ranks when every week he's showing highlights of players making mistakes trying to save his job.

I'm over it . I was over it when we where winning last year it's just bull s**t spin when we are losing and a circle jerk when we are winning . Why do we have to tell the world what we are trying to achieve or do?

I'm sure North are able to look at basic KPI's and come to the same conclusion as Dimma.
They'll also have the same footage as RFC and will highlight exactly the same areas.
If North are sitting back clueless and waiting for Dimma's Dissection then they're no hope. But I'm sure they're a professional outfit that goes about their business and don't give a sh*t about Dimma's Dissection.

Last edited:

OFFS,
If anyone in this thread also posts in the "Dimma get real and stop spinning me crap" threads then WTF.
You seriously think that opposition analysts don't already know everything that Dimma is highlighting?
Good teams are good, not because they surprise the opposition but because the opposition knows what's coming and can't stop it.
Can I suggest if Dimma's vid pisses you off, then don't watch it.

No matter how he spins it every week after a loss he's signalling out players and scratching his nose for excuses.

In this weeks one he is putting up vital statics showing anyone that watched it that we are playing our poorest footy since round 15 in 2011.

What do you think Brad Scott will be telling his boys at 3 quarter time if the games in the balance and I pray it is. He'll be explaining to his players that we are soft and if they keep working hard they'll wear us down because they are 3 years more advanced than us and he'll give them the stats. The assistant coaches will think he's a genius and they'll all be laughing after they win having a beer when they find out Brad got these stats off our bloody website.

Can it now it's an embarrassment. How can you dress down Jack for breaking ranks when every week he's showing highlights of players making mistakes trying to save his job.

I'm over it . I was over it when we where winning last year it's just bull s**t spin when we are losing and a circle jerk when we are winning . Why do we have to tell the world what we are trying to achieve or do?
I've said my bit on it on numerous threads.Its an embarrassment and an indictment to him and the club especially in our current state. it will come back to dissect him.i haven't watched it since its second show ,but my two toddlers love it once the missus censors it:)

Laughable. You really think Dimma wants to go through the highlights each week, let alone believe he uses the segment in an attempt to save his job?!

The RFC marketing department will have mandated he record the show to help the fans and members feel more a part of the club, and get a sneak peak of what sort of stuff is discussed behind the "4 walls of the club". The idea probably came along after some fans, much like those on here, were asked what content they wanted to see and asked for some coaching related stuff to be part of roar vision!

Laughable. You really think Dimma wants to go through the highlights each week, let alone believe he uses the segment in an attempt to save his job?!

The RFC marketing department will have mandated he record the show to help the fans and members feel more a part of the club, and get a sneak peak of what sort of stuff is discussed behind the "4 walls of the club". The idea probably came along after some fans, much like those on here, were asked what content they wanted to see and asked for some coaching related stuff to be part of roar vision!
100% correct.
This idea will have been dreamed up by a tosser in the RFC marketing dept who wants to involve members with behind the scenes insights in to what really makes a club tick. And you've probably hit the nail on the head with the idea coming from a survey or a fan day.

This whole idea is nothing more than fluff from a marketing dept.

So we are 3-7 and the marketing department are running our footy club , is that what your saying ? He's stopping short of tears every episode it's embarrassing.

100% correct.
This idea will have been dreamed up by a tosser in the RFC marketing dept who wants to involve members with behind the scenes insights in to what really makes a club tick. And you've probably hit the nail on the head with the idea coming from a survey or a fan day.

This whole idea is nothing more than fluff from a marketing dept.
I thought what happens in between our 4 walls stays in between our 4 walls.

OFFS,
If anyone in this thread also posts in the "Dimma get real and stop spinning me crap" threads then WTF.
You seriously think that opposition analysts don't already know everything that Dimma is highlighting?
Good teams are good, not because they surprise the opposition but because the opposition knows what's coming and can't stop it.
Can I suggest if Dimma's vid pisses you off, then don't watch it.
Can I suggest let them do their home work themselves , not put it on a silver player for them. In business he'd be creating time for his competitors to spend on new ideas , staff mentoring or stream lining processes ultimately making you competitors more profit. In footy you are giving the oppostion assistants coaches more time to spend with their players developing them it helping them get up for the game.

I can't see how you guys think this is a good idea.

Can I suggest let them do their home work themselves , not put it on a silver player for them. In business he'd be creating time for his competitors to spend on new ideas , staff mentoring or stream lining processes ultimately making you competitors more profit. In footy you are giving the oppostion assistants coaches more time to spend with their players developing them it helping them get up for the game.

I can't see how you guys think this is a good idea.
Two points.
If it takes us 2 seconds at the game to yell "who's on Fletcher?!" or "man up" or "keep your feet" or "can we win 1 f***ing clearance" I think the full time OA might pick it up pretty quick too.
The OA doesn't develop the players, so it doesn't reduce the time developing the players by 1 second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes: Not running our footy club, but are running our website and the content on it! Would you prefer if the head coach was also the webmaster? :drunk:
If prefer our ahead Coach didn't show up for bull s**t assignments and spent that time on coaching our players.

Last week Danny Daley telegraphed that Ivan was going to start on the bench because it would give out players a huge lift when they heard the crowd cheer when he came on the ground . You think Essendon didn't take note of this ?
By the time he came on it was 12-1 FFS , how dumb are these guys. It's not a night at the theatre it's a bloody game of footy , you put your best team out there from the opening bounce especially when your 3 and 6. All this talk of how our players walk taller when Ivan is on the field which we know is true and the bloody coaching staff telegraph to the world that he's starting on the bench.

Bomber Thompson would of said to Paddy Ryder and the midfield you've got 3-4 minutes to really get on top in there cause we all know oven mits Hampson is about as hard as butter so get stuck in and let's start well.

I'm sick of all these little mistakes that collectively are adding up to our season getting worse and worse ,

Now please don't argue with me about whether or not our season has been getting worse and worse ?

Two points.
If it takes us 2 seconds at the game to yell "who's on Fletcher?!" or "man up" or "keep your feet" or "can we win 1 f***ing clearance" I think the full time OA might pick it up pretty quick too.
The OA doesn't develop the players, so it doesn't reduce the time developing the players by 1 second.

Not taking the piss here Rumballs but you'll have to go again with that one , I'm not sure what you mean?

:rolleyes: Not running our footy club, but are running our website and the content on it! Would you prefer if the head coach was also the webmaster? :drunk:
Why not......... Then we can blame him for the crappy web site too........... Give it another couple of months and Dimma will be personally responsible for nailing some goose to a piece of wood and forever destroying everybody's Easter.

If prefer our ahead Coach didn't show up for bull s**t assignments and spent that time on coaching our players.
You would have to me an idiot to think he did these videos instead of coaching the players. This is EXTRA. It has no effect on the time spent coaching.
You're like the people that comment on the facebook posts saying they should be training rather than whatever the post is about.

You would have to me an idiot to think he did these videos instead of coaching the players. This is EXTRA. It has no effect on the time spent coaching.
You're like the people that comment on the facebook posts saying they should be training rather than whatever the post is about.

So your saying he rocks up and is given a script and some video that someone has out together and is there for the 6 minutes each week nothing more ?

You don't think this takes time to put together at all by him considering it's his segment and he's trying to give us his prospective on what is happening during games .

I'm not suggesting he's slicing up the footage himself but he'd be watching the tape to tell them the sections he wants , then he's have to think hard about who is in the section of crappy play and what players he's willing to burn each week and what he's going to say to them when they feel like s**t because they've watched it.'

Nahhhh it's not productive, time to give it a rest

What face book posts?

So your saying he rocks up and is given a script and some video that someone has out together and is there for the 6 minutes each week nothing more ?

You don't think this takes time to put together at all by him considering it's his segment and he's trying to give us his prospective on what is happening during games .

I'm not suggesting he's slicing up the footage himself but he'd be watching the tape to tell them the sections he wants , then he's have to think hard about who is in the section of crappy play and what players he's willing to burn each week and what he's going to say to them when they feel like s**t because they've watched it.'

Nahhhh it's not productive, time to give it a rest
You realise he does it for the fans?
So they can understand a little of the coach and his process and thoughts?

You realise he does it for the fans?
So they can understand a little of the coach and his process and thoughts?

Yeah I do and it's a silly idea . Assistant coaches are so time poor and he's giving them a massive leg up each week before they play us. As a fan I'd prefer he didn't do it and we win games .

It's a professional sport , the fans should understand this

Err what leg up?

If I was Brad Scott's assistant and he said ok put some tape together and show me where the Tiges are breaking down we've got them this Sunday I'd go straight to Roar Vision and press play .

That would be a leg up everyday of the week

Yeah I do and it's a silly idea . Assistant coaches are so time poor and he's giving them a massive leg up each week before they play us. As a fan I'd prefer he didn't do it and we win games .

It's a professional sport , the fans should understand this
They had the ess OA on SEN the other week, and he basically went thru what his job description was week in, week out. Essentially, he had every up and coming games oppositions 5 main strengths( things to target or try to stop) to look at, all ready keyed in with vision to show(provided by the AFL supplied down the ground pictures) for the coaches for the OA meeting. He then watched those teams the week before just in case any thing was different that might be relevant. So essentially what im saying is, the Dimma Dissections aren't getting used for any intelligence gathering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back