Dimmas Disection on Roar Vision

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned to RFC_Official that this is a much better format. I think it's become pretty obvious that defensive pressure is the thing the youngsters need to work on to get a game. That has been his reasoning for the Miles and McBean question. Though not sure whether he is allowed to say McBean isn't getting a game because "he's built like a 12 year old girl" :p
I liked the old format because it was more like what the coaches are actually showing and saying to the players. That's what I love about the Dissections; the insights into how they're coaching.

What we've got now is a more like a standard Q&A. Which I totally understand, because supporters get whiny unless everything is carefully groomed to remove anything that might possibly be controversial or misinterpreted. The Q&A is more fan-friendly. And still pretty great. But it's less honest and more stage-managed.

I liked the old format because it was more like what the coaches are actually showing and saying to the players. That's what I love about the Dissections; the insights into how they're coaching.

What we've got now is a more like a standard Q&A. Which I totally understand, because supporters get whiny unless everything is carefully groomed to remove anything that might possibly be controversial or misinterpreted. The Q&A is more fan-friendly. And still pretty great. But it's less honest and more stage-managed.
I'm the same but apparently Dimma sharing what areas need improvement was giving away secrets and would destroy the club.
Only with this information could highly-trained professionals working in other football depts. work out how to defeat the team.

Miles tore it up in every NAB game he played in the 1s. He was averaging around 10 posessions every quarter. He was better than Thomas in the NAB cup.
Tore it up? 16/18 d's isn't necessarily tearing it up albeit good. I actually thought he got more in the dees game. I understand that the 3 nab cup seconds game that tigs was at, he wasn't that flash which is why Thomas got the gig first up.

Tore it up? 16/18 d's isn't necessarily tearing it up albeit good. I actually thought he got more in the dees game. I understand that the 3 nab cup seconds game that tigs was at, he wasn't that flash which is why Thomas got the gig first up.

When its 18 touches in less then a half against collingwood its tearing it up.

Seems like Rusty might have snuck a question in this week? The last one was 'do you think your time would be better spent planning for Essendon rather than answering fan questions re last weeks game?'. Classic.
Wasn't me , must be two Rustys out there. Come to think about it I ate something after midnight and got water on my back recently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was VFL praccy vs the Pies. Was pretty underwhelming tbh.

Miles tore it up in every NAB game he played in the 1s. He was averaging around 10 posessions every quarter. He was better than Thomas in the NAB cup.

He only played 1.5 games..... Missed the last game and a half.... According to many (including some on here that have since lambasted the decision), Thomas was a safer bet at the time, had a more profound impact in the last couple of games of the NAB (probably due to the fact he actually played) and had credits.... Knowing what we know now, doesn't really help make the decision at the time.

Personally I voted for Miles to be the one who was upgraded first and then I would also have upgraded Thomas and only brought up Orren after Ivvy was put on the LTI..... however, since I'm not the one making the decisions and I have nowhere near the expertise that those at the club do, I was happy for them to make informed decisions.

Ultimately I would say that my option would have been better but it would have been based far more on my limited knowledge of these guys training, attitude, ability, fitness and gut feel than anything else...... So until I'm prepared to go and do the training and work and get myself a coaching position at the RFC, I'll leave it to the experts. Easiest thing to do in the world is take potshots....

To get a question on this, how do you do it? I'm not going to ask anything just wondering, because I haven't seen it promoted

It's through twitter. You are supposed to tweet question with the hashtag #DimmaDissects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back