Oppo Camp Discussion on other club's trade/draft decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2014
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Camon mate just a friendly discussion here no need for that.

Let's agree its late and to be continued this discussion to maybe R5 next year to see how both come along in pre-season and first few rounds
By the end of their careers I expect:
Dunstan - To be regarded similar to what Jobe Watson / Sam Mitchell have done.
Cripps - To be regarded similar to what .....well......Brock McLean has done.

There is your answer. Bye

Wow,
Always read the saints pages but got confused when the paddy cripps love fest began.
from sn outsiders point of view.
billings first by a mile
Blake "fyfe" acres easily 2nd
dunstan 3rd
cripps 5th in a 4 horse race

Cripps is simply not that good

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
LMAO he didn't go from 168cm to 193cm in a year, you're absolutely kidding yourself. Stop trying to troll us with this Cripps>Dunstan sh**.

I made a mistake with that fact about his growth spurt but I corrected myself. How am I trolling? Just a question I had and it got answered

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
I made a mistake with that fact about his growth spurt but I corrected myself. How am I trolling? Just a question I had and it got answered
SSSTTTTTAAAAAHHHHHPPPPPPP!!!

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles

I understand. It happens. No worries.

You came on here, asked a question or two, had a conversation, got some feedback from Saints supporters, and as you said got your answer.

Now before some of our feistier supporters absolutely crack it at you, I would respectively suggest you move on. Any further posts could really be seen as trolling.

You guys are on the right track with what you did in the offseason but still have a way to go, something I'm sure you agree with.

Best of luck in the draft, (but not too much luck) ;)

Fred

Premium Platinum
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Hall of Fame The Fred Medal RIP
Nov 17, 2000
Echuca
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Roys FFC
I understand. It happens. No worries.

You came on here, asked a question or two, had a conversation, got some feedback from Saints supporters, and as you said got your answer.

Now before some of our feistier supporters absolutely crack it at you, I would respectively suggest you move on. Any further posts could really be seen as trolling.

You guys are on the right track with what you did in the offseason but still have a way to go, something I'm sure you agree with.

Best of luck in the draft, (but not too much luck) ;)

That suggestion has already been made.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
If Whiley doesn't do a Miles and the boy from Qld whose name escapes me, 3rd or 4th year inside mid, doesn't develop, given Cripps is only a GOP or Sewell at best, Carlton's midfield is officially stuffed.

Lucas was a bung flush & pick 7? wasted.

So many poor, average players.

It looks like it will be 2020 & therefore 20 years, until the Blues start challenging again.

Lesson on how to stuff a football club right there. Boggles the mind that they could stuff up drafting & development for so long.

Their only saving grace could be GCS & GWS rejects, but why would they choose the Blues, unless they're short for suitors, like a Whilst for example.

Sep 19, 2011
Moorabin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow,
Always read the saints pages but got confused when the paddy cripps love fest began.
from sn outsiders point of view.
billings first by a mile
Blake "fyfe" acres easily 2nd
dunstan 3rd
cripps 5th in a 4 horse race

Cripps is simply not that good
So true. Dunstan stole all the press in the first year but u just know Billings is gona be the better player. Some of his kicking was ridiculously good.
I love hearing about all this Acres hype. I havnt really seen him at all but ive heard so many people really rate him highly.
to rate him above Dunstan after the first year. You guys must think hes gona be pretty damn good.

If Whiley doesn't do a Miles and the boy from Qld whose name escapes me, 3rd or 4th year inside mid, doesn't develop, given Cripps is only a GOP or Sewell at best, Carlton's midfield is officially stuffed.

It looks like it will be 2020 & therefore 20 years, until the Blues start challenging again.

Lesson on how to stuff a football club right there. Boggles the mind that they could stuff up drafting & development for so long.

Their only saving grace could be GCS & GWS rejects, but why would they choose the Blues, unless they're short for suitors, like a Whilst for example.
Now, now, Jakshe chose them over us...

(guffaw...)

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Kane Lucas > Daniel Talia, Nat Fyfe, Lewis Jetta, Jake Carlisle etc etc. Yeah that was a bit of a utensil up. That said our drafting was not too flash that year either...

Dopey BJ

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

I have been boring people for years telling them how the mighty blues have never got used to the draft since it came in, they are always just on the lookout for the next Judd that they can pilfer

Dopey BJ

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Since the draft came in in 1986 they won a flag in 1996 when they admitted to cheating on the salary cap, great planning you pack of flogs.

Question Saints fans

I'm doing ratings and rankings of draftees from last year.

If you had your time again at could pick Cripps instead of Dunstan, Billings or Acres would you?

Trying to establish out of the following draftees last year out of
1. James Aish
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Lewis Taylor
4. Luke Dunstan

Who will be the better players in the long run in 3-5 years time

Yes

Cripps averaged nearly `18 contested possessions per game over 2018, while Dunstan struggles to average 18 disposals in general. ( in fact he averaged 22, nearly 10 cp's).

ANYONE who can get more than 15 contested possessions per game is worth having.

Cripps averaged 14 in his second year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back