Brownlow Medallist
Mar 9, 2008
Port Hedland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide United, QPR
CJNpJfaVEAAJ6_E.jpg

Even for Today Tonight this is low. Who would watch this? Everyone should boycott.

TT should get back to what they do best ... comparing washing detergents that do exactly the same thing.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Even for Today Tonight this is low. Who would watch this? Everyone should boycott.

TT should get back to what they do best ... comparing washing detergents that do exactly the same thing.
I don't watch it anyway and have absolutely no interest whatsoever in watching their sick tabloid ratings grab of this horrid event.
Shows like these epitomise everything I hate about the media.
They can GGF.

Bosley

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 9, 2008
Port Hedland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide United, QPR
As a society it's sad we become so fixated on the perpetrator and his or her motives. I don't care. I don't want him to be remembered for this.

Why is he allowed to get any publicity at all? Surely this could prejudice any potential legal case. The media should be banned from running such stories.

The worst thing is some sick people will see him as a hero for this. Like that girl that wanted to marry Charles Manson. What a world we live in.

You think? No, you probably don't think as a result of your retort I don't watch tv, you obviously do, if you think you have an opinion. TV is for sheep, most lawyers are sheep. Heads full of ideological crap. Lawyers are mostly cowards crooks and hypocrites. The only decent humans who get law degrees go into unions or some sort of community activism.

The legal system is full of dogs.To many in the lower and middle classes all think they are dogs. To many people have stories about dog lawyers. They way defend the Peter Liddys of this world, they have a point. When you get out in the community and talk to people and listen, because you care, not because you can make money from them, it becomes obvious lawyers are bigger dogs than politicians. The money they are going to make out of this tragedy is sickening. Many lawyers antagonize divorce settlements so they can get more money, many practices advertise to attract clients to challenge wills.The impact this has on families and lives is monumental. Lawyers create more social decay than hard drugs.

The very people who decide we continue with this failed system of justice are the dogs inside of it.

Not all lawyers are scumbags.

CIDA

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
As a society it's sad we become so fixated on the perpetrator and his or her motives. I don't care. I don't want him to be remembered for this.
While I agree, it's completely natural. We can barely comprehend what has actually happened, let alone why and how - but these are the questions we ask in an attempt to try to understand what has occurred. For some, it is a way to move on, as strange as it may seem.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

I watched it. Got to say it's impossible to reconcile the guy in the video with someone who can stab his own father multiple times. I don't know how old the videos are and what happened to this young man between being a travelling hippy to becoming a murderer. It boggles the mind.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
I watched it. Got to say it's impossible to reconcile the guy in the video with someone who can stab his own father multiple times. I don't know how old the videos are and what happened to this young man between being a travelling hippy to becoming a murderer. It boggles the mind.

Agree.

They all are pretty easy to find online based on whats been said on TT.
The travelling hippy type description is pretty apt.

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
To others who watched TT, did you think it was in poor taste? Better not to have been aired? I watched it reluctantly, but I thought I could hardly criticise it without seeing it.

ameen_ssnp

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
To others who watched TT, did you think it was in poor taste? Better not to have been aired? I watched it reluctantly, but I thought I could hardly criticise it without seeing it.
Yes we should just be focusing on Phil at the moment IMO. I guess they knew it would rate well so they decided to show it but I would rather see positive things about Phil.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last time I checked we don't have a diminished responsibility defence available in SA.

However I've no doubt his lawyers will seek to have the matter pleaded down to voluntary manslaughter, arguing mitigating factors.

That will annoy the s**t out of me but that's my guess at this early stage.
To be honest that might be what do, and it maybe in the best interests of the family.
There may be a greater chance of him pleading guilty and that then may prevent a trial where his mother has to take the stand, re-live the whole event and then be questioned by Cys lawyer.

To be honest that might be what do, and it maybe in the best interests of the family.
There may be a greater chance of him pleading guilty and that then may prevent a trial where his mother has to take the stand, re-live the whole event and then be questioned by Cys lawyer.

Probably your best ever post. Well said.

KingsCrow

Premiership Player
Nov 9, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow, just read his blog..... he is a full on japanese nerd. I was kinda similar in university so can relate abit.

eg: in one his posts he refers to RTK2, immersion, mining, srs and reps

RTK2 = Remembering the Kanji book 2 which is a popular japanese language book to do with chinese characters.

immersion = basically enveloping yourself in a particular language eg: listening to tv news, anime etc

mining = sentence mining. basically collecting a number of japanese sentences with an english translation.

srs = spaced repetition system.....basically a flash card program

reps = number of repetitions using the flash card program.

His dad was obviously learning japanese to try to get closer with his son which makes sense.

Phil Walsh had a diploma in Japanese.

This post from his blog is pretty chilling.

"When blind drunk I become very… Emotional. And I dont just mean I get all sad and wanna cry and kill myself (although occasionally that might happen). What I mean is that I become a wild beast of emotion in general, hate, love, sadness, waterer."

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
From TT we learnt that Cy was a drug user - hashish, LSD and mushrooms. He said mushrooms were the best. I wonder if those drugs could've led to mental health issues. Scary thought.

6BTS

Club Legend
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, King James
I can't deal with this. I can't believe this is something that happened. I can't get my head around the fact that we're all talking about Phil Walsh being murdered. This wasn't supposed to happen. This doesn't happen. I feel like I'm about to go into a rage. I feel like paying a certain 26 year old a visit. I still can't believe this is all happening. I want to wake up from this bad dream, but I can't. I can't define my emotions about all this, I feel numb in the head and I don't know which way I'm leaning. I think I might take a break from this for a while. This is just too much. Way too much.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
From TT we learnt that Cy was a drug user - hashish, LSD and mushrooms. He said mushrooms were the best. I wonder if those drugs could've led to mental health issues. Scary thought.

I didn't watch TT but what I have been told today from an ex afl player who knows people at the club! It is just devastating and I have no doubt in my mind drugs are the problem!

The only good that can come from this is the truth be published and the entire AFL community takes a stand of zero drug tolerance shove your three strikes up your bum. One strike and your out there should a zero tolerance for drugs! People seriously don't understand how young people get hooked on this s**t! A hard line approach needs to be taken by society!

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't deal with this. I can't believe this is something that happened. I can't get my head around the fact that we're all talking about Phil Walsh being murdered. This wasn't supposed to happen. This doesn't happen. I feel like I'm about to go into a rage. I feel like paying a certain 26 year old a visit. I still can't believe this is all happening. I want to wake up from this bad dream, but I can't. I can't define my emotions about all this, I feel numb in the head and I don't know which way I'm leaning. I think I might take a break from this for a while. This is just too much. Way too much.
Same. It was so far away from anything I would ever think would happen to an upright good living person like Phil, and at the hand of his own son.
So, so sad.
I also feel terrible that there is nothing I can do to help his wife and daughter.
Not only do I feel heartbroken, devistated and sad, but I feel helpless.

choppychester

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Same. It was so far away from anything I would ever think would happen to an upright good living person like Phil, and at the hand of his own son.
So, so sad.

i can't even sense the sadness yet... it all seems like one of those twisted dreams... murdered?? are you ******* serious??

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal

Nah, that's pretty much par for the course for Today Tonight.

Rusty Crow

All Australian
Apr 13, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
CyJacobWalsh says:
January 22, 2013 at 12:09 am

In my experience LSD can be great for visuals and that change in perception, but I found I didnt come away from any of my LSD experiences with much new insight or improvement. Mushrooms on the other hand have changed my life forever, since my first mushroom experience opened me up spiritually. Mark, the one to try is ayahuasca, you are in brazil where it is legal and has thousands of years of historical use. Checkout the santo daime church (also a great place to meet women) for a spiritual experience that you can really come away with something from. Psychedelics have helped my game and life immensely. I recommend anyone looking to improve themselves to try a high dose of mushrooms or ayahuasca with an intention of growth and development. I love how to talk about the importance of intention in life mark, this philosophy is the only way to approach psychedelics. with a positive intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back