Discussion on Pick #14 - Jake Lever

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously doubt a kid who was chosen at sixteen years of age to captain the Vic Metro side and speaks the way he does would be the sort to get tatoos before reaching adulthood.

Snake tattoo mightn't be his but have heard he does have tatts and really it's not a big a deal especially seeing tattoos are so common nowadays in men under 30, plus it would have no impact on his leadership qualities, did Roo's tatts effect his leadership?

Here's a quote from the Carlton board prior to the draft about Jake that actually mentions it

one of my mates dad works for the Cannons. He told me he rates Lever in the top 3 in this draft, the kid is full of tattoos (massive one on his back) apparently but can seriously play. Wont take a backward step, not afraid of showing aggression but is also completely respectful to everyone. Amazing leadership qualities he said captain in waiting.

And yes was a junior boxer

Snake tattoo mightn't be his but have heard he does have tatts and really it's not a big a deal especially seeing tattoos are so common nowadays in men under 30, plus it would have no impact on his leadership qualities, did Roo's tatts effect his leadership?
Of course tattoos don't effect leadership, I doubt the ink travels to the brain.;) What I was saying is that the levelheadedness and maturity he displays aren't personal traits that normally run hand-in-hand with tattoos on underage people.

Just look at Dane Swan. Did all his tats really affect him back in his 2008-2013?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks pretty sick that snake tat, whether its his or not. At least its not some moody celto-japanese scribble

I'm all for players with tattoos, we don't have enough. I don't like the snake, just aesthetically. I'm glad it's not a tribal band or a bloody koi fish though. If he wants to have tattoos, go for it mate.

Certainly weighed him down in 2014 though, to quote Swan himself in yesterday's Hun "I was rancid this year"......
Yeah but 6 years as an elite level player is nothing to be sneezed at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back