Disguising your MAC address

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Ok cheers. Reason I ask is I think corporate bookmakers use your MAC address to identify you. Thus, if you've been barred by them and are usin a different account from the same computer, they'll identify that by the MAC address, and promptly bar that one too.

Are there other ways you guys can think of that these corporate slime can identify the users device?

Why am I never tagged in these threads :(

The corporate bookmakers will tie your account to your routers WAN address not your individual PC's MAC address. The Mac address is a layer 2 address that is only used inside your home network. It is of no relevance outside the network.

Ways to get around bookmakers tying your account to an IP address are:
1) use your mobile
2) go to a public wifi
3) use tor
4) use a vpn to somewhere else
5) change ISPs

Or if you are really concerned change the MAC address or buy a new NIC

The corporate bookmakers will tie your account to your routers WAN address not your individual PC's MAC address. The Mac address is a layer 2 address that is only used inside your home network. It is of no relevance outside the network.

1) use your mobile
2) go to a public wifi
3) use tor
5) change ISPs

Re using your mobile, when you use the apps you have to have the use your location thing active. How close can they pinpoint you from that? If you signed up using your friends details in Essendon and you lived in Brighton wouldn't they pick up on inspection that it is always going through a different exchange/tower whatever as soon as they profile your account.

Duritz search for iesnare and make sure that is not on your computer.

• Banned

1) use your mobile
2) go to a public wifi
3) use tor
5) change ISPs

Mobile using the mobile network rather than my home network would do it, would it? What if my mobile had already been used previously for a now barred account?

• Banned
Re using your mobile, when you use the apps you have to have the use your location thing active. How close can they pinpoint you from that? If you signed up using your friends details in Essendon and you lived in Brighton wouldn't they pick up on inspection that it is always going through a different exchange/tower whatever as soon as they profile your account.

Will do, thanks

I would imagine with the mobile networks you would get an IP reservation for a few hours. The location thing would probably just be so you get the odds for events in your region.

Mobile using the mobile network rather than my home network would do it, would it? What if my mobile had already been used previously for a now barred account?

Could always buy another SIM card. But just use tor. Free and easy. In fact look into the tails operating system. Keeps everything on a usb stick. Next to impossible for someone to block you out

I would imagine with the mobile networks you would get an IP reservation for a few hours. The location thing would probably just be so you get the odds for events in your region.

I doubt they would attempt any IP tracking on mobile network ranges, as IP addresses are shared between multiple devices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NetworkNerd reading about tails and therefore Tor, do you think the corporate books, on seeing that you're connecting via Tor, will be more wary?

Blocking Tor is fairly straight forward. There is only a certain amount of tor exit points so your heavy hitter bookmaker could block any web requests on their servers from known Tor exit IP addresses. But they would be blocking heaps of legitimate users too.

That being said by keeping tails on a 8 or 16gb USB3 you are working very securely. But dont try and use it at work

Blocking Tor is fairly straight forward. There is only a certain amount of tor exit points so your heavy hitter bookmaker could block any web requests on their servers from known Tor exit IP addresses. But they would be blocking heaps of legitimate users too.

That being said by keeping tails on a 8 or 16gb USB3 you are working very securely. But dont try and use it at work

Work for myself from home so no worries there. Why keep it on a usb, btw? So it's portable? Or is it more secure if able to be unplugged?

Work for myself from home so no worries there. Why keep it on a usb, btw? So it's portable? Or is it more secure if able to be unplugged?

If you keep it on your usb you can keep all your personal files on there. Plus you can go to an internet cafe, friends house etc and use their computer hardware and leave no trace/fingerprints etc. Ie if you do internet banking at an overseas internet cafe it's risky. But load tails and it should be safe

If you keep it on your usb you can keep all your personal files on there. Plus you can go to an internet cafe, friends house etc and use their computer hardware and leave no trace/fingerprints etc. Ie if you do internet banking at an overseas internet cafe it's risky. But load tails and it should be safe

Cheers.

Have found iesnare in a couple of folders on my computer... there's no information about removing it entirely, just about blocking it. I made the folders that I found them in read-only, as this seemed to be the best way to disable it?

Question... If I've bet on b365 on my phone on a now barred account, but have a fresh account to use, and use the same phone for it, will they know?

Probably depends on the device, and if it's through a web page or an app. They could potentially track it through cookies if it's just through a webpage (using a different browser would test that theory out). If it's an app and you're on Android you'll be able to check what the app has access to and whether it might be able to identify the device, if it's Apple then who knows.

It's probably just easier to stop getting your accounts barred :p

Probably depends on the device, and if it's through a web page or an app. They could potentially track it through cookies if it's just through a webpage (using a different browser would test that theory out). If it's an app and you're on Android you'll be able to check what the app has access to and whether it might be able to identify the device, if it's Apple then who knows.

It's probably just easier to stop getting your accounts barred :p

I want to be barred tgere as much as I can!!

Ok cheers. Reason I ask is I think corporate bookmakers use your MAC address to identify you. Thus, if you've been barred by them and are usin a different account from the same computer, they'll identify that by the MAC address, and promptly bar that one too.
not possible without installing something on your computer.

they may be able to get your router's MAC address but I don't think so. I'd be surprised if that was possible.

As has been mentioned cookies and ip address are more likely.

Ip address is unlikely as you often have multiple people on the same address, and is easily circumnavigated by setting up a VPN. Banning via IP is fraught with danger for a web developer.

Cookies are the most likely source and are easy to get around. In Chrome or Firefox set up a new user profile for punting - And under privacy you can set cookies to never accept third party cookies and for your entire browsing history to be restored when you close the browser - note this isn't closing the browser entirely, this is just when closing the browser using the "punting profile"

You will basically be a fresh user every time you log on.

This is a bit harder on mobile phone as the browsers on phones don't have all the functionality of PC browsers.

As NetworkNerd has pointed out Tails is another great OS.

It's definitely cookies and IP based, just use CCleaner to clear the cache and cookies.

I suspect there's also a method of perma banning dynamic ip's by the address pool. So you may not be able to get around it.

Instead of changing ISP or buying another NIC, if you'd rather use pc/laptop than mobile betting you can also get optus/vodaphone prepaid 3G modems starter kits for 20-30 bucks. You can have like 5 accounts per identity.

It's definitely cookies and IP based, just use CCleaner to clear the cache and cookies.

I suspect there's also a method of perma banning dynamic ip's by the address pool. So you may not be able to get around it.

Instead of changing ISP or buying another NIC, if you'd rather use pc/laptop than mobile betting you can also get optus/vodaphone prepaid 3G modems starter kits for 20-30 bucks. You can have like 5 accounts per identity.

On the mobile option, can they put cookies on your mobile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back