Nostradamus Lives Disharmony at the Kennel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure if anyone caught this last night but Hutchy and Caro alluded to a few factions brewing at the Whitten Oval between players and the coach.

Anyone heard anything else about this?
Are players giving too much authority in determining their coaches futures?

Last edited:
yeah I found that a bit strange. Caro said there were rifts between some senior players and the coach, but amazingly between senior players and the young pups as well. If true, sounds like a few egos need to be put back in their place. Maybe this is why the club dropped badly in the last 2 months of the H&A season.

Last edited:

The senior players at the bulldogs have been running the show since before aker, despite never achieving anything. Guys like brad johnson and murphy are excellent at putting on a happy smiley public face while behind closed doors knifing their way through the list like a samurai slicing up a goat for dinner. They really need to just get rid of everyone who has been there 5+ years.

Giansiracusa retiring only to become an assistant coach there = epic facepalm

• Banned
Have read elsewhere that Will Minson and coach McCartney had a bit of a row during their post-season meeting.

Don't know what all the fuss is TBH. I mean, did anyone really think the Dogs were finals contenders this year?
Wouldn't surprise me if Minson is the ringleader in this. The sooner the Dogs move him on the better. Flog of the highest order.
Could get a 2nd rounder for him.

The senior players at the bulldogs have been running the show since before aker, despite never achieving anything. Guys like brad johnson and murphy are excellent at putting on a happy smiley public face while behind closed doors knifing their way through the list like a samurai slicing up a goat for dinner. They really need to just get rid of everyone who has been there 5+ years.

Always struck me from the outside as a boys club.

There's a few clubs where the tail is wagging the dog and I reckon it's a causal effect from the introduction of free agency.

If the rumour is true and it's Minson against McCartney, then I'd be putting Minson out and backing McCartney in. McCartney's the man down there for now. A bit like Scott. Questions over whether or not he can truly be an elite coach but seems to be an excellent teacher and motivator of young men.

Cool story hansel.

Hutchy and Caro hey?

It wouldn't be like either of them to create a story where there isn't one.

It's funny. Hutchy and Caro say something about a poster's club "it's just them making up crap". When it's about an opposition club they are on the money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The so called split between old and young players is interesting. I would've though the older players: Minson, Cooney, Morris, Boyd, Murphy, Picken, Gia had largely been treated well by McCartney.

None of them have been unfairly dropped (unless you count Minson for one game) or traded. They are pretty much all playing their first choice role.

The strangest thing I guess is McCartney has been there for 3 years. He's got a clear direction to develop the kids and has done it reasonably well (at least with the highly rated youngsters and bringing the midfield forward). If you were a dogs senior player you might be frustrated by the finish of the year but really wouldn't you have made peace that it was going to take a while and you might not be around to see the fruits of the rebuild? If you wanted out you should've left 2 years ago like Brian Lake did.

Brad Hardie on 6PR has been saying weeks that they are not a happy lot of vegimites at Footscray.

As a former bulldog he may know what he is talking about.

Brad Hardie on 6PR has been saying weeks that they are not a happy lot of vegimites at Footscray.

Or he might be talking out of his arse because he has no connection with the current team

Hardies been talking up rumours of a split at the Dogs since he had a row with Malthouse in the late 80's... Occasionally it's true, most of the time it's utter garbage....

For some reason what I took away from this was pondering "are goats native to Japan?". There are serows, which are a goat-antelope thing- but just straight goat-goats?

Not sure if anyone caught this last night but Hutchy and Caro alluded to a few factions brewing at the Whitten Oval between players and the coach.

Anyone heard anything else about this?
Are players giving too much authority in determining their coaches futures?

Dogs players don't like criticism. Can't blame the coach for being honest. Was a dreadful year, especially after the promise the end of 2013 promised for the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back