Div 2 GF Yarra Glen v Belgrave

Remove this Banner Ad

For the senior GF maybe the question needs to be asked: "If the team sheet for both teams is virtually the same as the SF, what do Belgrave need to do differently"?

My heart went out to the kid when I read it in the Age on the weekend.
I guess it raises the question of football and politics. Is football required to campaign on social justice issues?
That would polarise a few, I think.
Personally, I think there are dangers in politicising sport, but for too long that was a cop out for clubs.
If clubs are involved with their communities then they need to address and respond to community issues. Sport - and footy - doesn't live in a vacuum.
I commend YG on what appears to be a very supportive and principled stance.
I fear for the kid, though. I am sure he expects a backlash from the red-necked in our communities, but he would not have made his call if the club had not backed him.
He may well need that support - as well as from a good many of us in other clubs.

My heart went out to the kid when I read it in the Age on the weekend.
I guess it raises the question of football and politics. Is football required to campaign on social justice issues?
That would polarise a few, I think.
Personally, I think there are dangers in politicising sport, but for too long that was a cop out for clubs.
If clubs are involved with their communities then they need to address and respond to community issues. Sport - and footy - doesn't live in a vacuum.
I commend YG on what appears to be a very supportive and principled stance.
I fear for the kid, though. I am sure he expects a backlash from the red-necked in our communities, but he would not have made his call if the club had not backed him.
He may well need that support - as well as from a good many of us in other clubs.
I agree Monnie. A brave move on the the part of the kid involved, and YGFNC in supporting him. I hope he gets the same respect and support from all clubs and their supporters.

I agree Monnie. A brave move on the the part of the kid involved, and YGFNC in supporting him. I hope he gets the same respect and support from all clubs and their supporters.
s**t! That wasn't intended to be posted on the forum! Sorry McC and others.
I was replying (I thought) to a PM with a forum member who followed up on the previous post.

Watched my first game of yvmfl on Sunday.Was watching the 2nds game and a player from Seville grab a player from yarra and clocked him in the face.I couldn't believe just a low act,and to top it off he went to the bench and they where back slapping him as he sat down.Not a good look Seville boys.

Watched my first game of yvmfl on Sunday.Was watching the 2nds game and a player from Seville grab a player from yarra and clocked him in the face.

Was retaliation to a cheap punch thrown in the pack, as always the retaliator got caught and it has now cost himself a spot in a grand final team which is going for 3 in a row

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must have missed that incident, but there were a few little spot fires throughout that match. So I'm not surprised there were some repercussions to come out of the match. I take it there was a suspension? Plenty of league officials would have been on hand.

As for the YG v Belgrave match, hopefully it'll be closely contested as I'd like to get up there and watch a good match.

It was a big hit, in front of everyone. I think he must have been reported by an official in the crowd because the umpires didn't seem to see it. I heard after the game that it was in retaliation to a cheap punch and a harsh comment but he was never going to get away with it and has now paid the ultimate price.

Tips
Belgrave - If they bring there A Game like they did on sunday they will be too strong for the pigs, who have also had a great year. Belgrave have plenty of run in their midfield and some huge bodies in key positions, pretty much everything you need to win a flag. Would love to see the river pigs get up but i cant see it happening. (BOG Mitch Collins)
Seville - Replay of last year. Will be tight but the boys should get 3 in a row. Plenty of experience and I think there will be a few handy ins with the 1s out. (BOG Mark Holly)
Seville - Haven't seen too much of the unders, but a 13 goal win in their first final would have to have them as favorites. From what ive seen on facebook the seville lads arent short on confidence I hope they dont get too far ahead of themselves. (BOG Luke Casini)

Well done to the caretaker coaches and the seville seinor boys on a great year all things considered.

belgrave - best team all year, deserve to win and will. Money cant buy you love, but it can buy you 2nd division flags.
seville - would have won the last time they played if they kicked straight.
alex - seville dont deserve to win, and they wont.

Belgrave are bit concerned about the big bodies on the bigger ground. Yarra Glen did them for pace in the semi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back