DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
See where you are coming from Mick but I reckon most comps are the same re qualifying if you have both teams playing. I reckon though that the Ressies should be able to have at least 6 on the bench to reward as many blokes as possible I am not sure what the limit is now but it would not hurt to increase it. Its nce to reward someone who may not be in the best 22 ressies but may be playing last game and retiring, just a thought.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I understand that in the clubbies of some leagues they do not have a limit on the bench as long as the blokes have qualified. Again just good common sense for local footy.
Good thing about this week the winner will be a "district" club not an old scholboy club. Bedford any chance of getting Hine, Allan, Dureau back next year ? Are you getting the "chimp" down for the game?

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
See where you are coming from Mick but I reckon most comps are the same re qualifying if you have both teams playing. I reckon though that the Ressies should be able to have at least 6 on the bench to reward as many blokes as possible I am not sure what the limit is now but it would not hurt to increase it. Its nce to reward someone who may not be in the best 22 ressies but may be playing last game and retiring, just a thought.
I like the idea too. What the VAFA should do is to have 6 on the bench for Reserves/Under 19s finals, so as to allow players in those grades to play finals if they have missed out on being picked for their senior team if all 3 teams make the finals in their respective comps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good of the Chimp to do that, was that of your doing? Would be nice to get a few blokes back as we will need them next year.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The kids looked good last week,Mason, Tabakman, Simon, Stait and I am sure a few others are so young but look ready made.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
I know the Club 18 comps have sometimes have 6-8 players on the bench for their respective teams, so why can't the same thing be applied to Under 18/Under 19/Reserve grade football as well, especially if a club doesn't have a full team playing in the comps I mentioned above due to injuries/suspensions/promoted to Senior level?

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Skilts addressed the club last night and was as good as always. Allan might get rookied with a couple of clubs looking, Dureau getting paid by Dingley and there are 2 Hines, hopefully one will be back
He's been really crook of late. Fantastic to hear he is doing well. Use to turn up to Ormond home games and park himself on the fence among the great unwashed. Most unassuming bloke.

You must have been in 7th heaven 'bedford' having a great from the South Melbourne days at the club.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
He's been really crook of late. Fantastic to hear he is doing well. Use to turn up to Ormond home games and park himself on the fence among the great unwashed. Most unassuming bloke.

You must have been in 7th heaven 'bedford' having a great from the South Melbourne days at the club.
And possibly the best doing special comments of all time, when teaming up with Peter Landy and Lou Richards during Seven's broadcasts of VFL footy in the period 1978-86. Watch any one of the grand finals those three covered on DVD and you'll see what I mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

I coached his grandson in his junior days at Ormond and one day he played on Robert Harveys son who played for Hampton

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck to 2 ripping District clubs in the Rovers and Ormond. Lets hope it is a close contest and that Hampton dont blow the Monds out of the water as injuries and suspensions have looked to finally catch up with the orms. My tip Hampton by 73 points. Best on Ground Ting

Uncle Mick

Club Legend
May 23, 2007
Hotel Bluff
AFL Club
Carlton
HR under 39.5
BOG: Fletcher; Ting
Most Disposals: "No Votes" Devereaux
First Goal: Dallas
Most Goals: Turner; Robbins

Should get a nice little return on that.

After 2011-12, I couldn't think of a more deserving result than for Leigh Fletcher to hoist the Cup with a BOG medal around his neck.

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes Fletcher has been a wonderful servant and inspiration but so has Mat Martinov the big hearted captain of the Monds and equally would deserve the honour you refer to Mick.Either way it is very fitting .

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Also congratulations to the three umpires who are appointed by the VAFAUA selection panel to control the grand final.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Hampton Rovers win the 2013 VAFA Division 1 flag over Ormond by 57 points at Trevor Barker Oval today. Jay Ting got the Best on Ground award.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Hampton Rovers win the 2013 VAFA Division 1 flag over Ormond by 57 points at Trevor Barker Oval today. Jay Ting got the Best on Ground award.

Congratulations Jase. Best team all year so well deserved.

Terrific effort by the Monders to be elevated to 'C' next year considering the many issues the club had to face this year. To get the ones and two into GFs is a credit to the club even though the results didn't pan out today. Lots to look forward to in 2014.

At least the Swans won tonight so bedford has a reason to get up tomorrow.:)

guttertrash

Debutant
Jul 8, 2007
Caulfield
Congratulations Jase. Best team all year so well deserved.

Terrific effort by the Monders to be elevated to 'C' next year considering the many issues the club had to face this year. To get the ones and two into GFs is a credit to the club even though the results didn't pan out today. Lots to look forward to in 2014.

At least the Swans won tonight so bedford has a reason to get up tomorrow.:)

Ormond three grand finals Saturday, three losses. Too bad so sad. Go Rovers in C .

Uncle Mick

Club Legend
May 23, 2007
Hotel Bluff
AFL Club
Carlton
Beaten by 2 better teams were Ormond. Unfortunately, when a weak as piss club keeps accepting mediocrity and playing for D1 Reserves Premierships it doesn't give genuine Reserves teams a crack at the ultimate glory. OG need to take a good hard look at the club structure and culture. Going nowhere fast. Other than being booted off Como that is.
Great effort by Ormond to have 3 open age teams in GFs. Good turn around from the previous few years. And for our boys......
YOU F*CKEN BEAUTY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back