D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest... I'm not sure what's going on... Swinburne scored 8-2 before Richmond got their hands on the ball... Meanwhile, there is certainly no problem with depth.
How did they not get their hands on the ball if the other team had kicked two points? Did they let Swinburne take the kick outs for them?

richmond may be finally entering crisis mode now, i dont know what even happened to them
Emmaus is now moving into the bracket of being one of the better teams in the division after a great last month or so
And Albert Park knocking off St Francis was certainly a surprise
And finally, what do people make of the top of the table clash between Swinburne and the Blues? Just from what people have seen, who do they think is the better side?

richmond may be finally entering crisis mode now, i dont know what even happened to them
Emmaus is now moving into the bracket of being one of the better teams in the division after a great last month or so
And Albert Park knocking off St Francis was certainly a surprise
And finally, what do people make of the top of the table clash between Swinburne and the Blues? Just from what people have seen, who do they think is the better side?

Richmond needed to show signs of improvement on the back of a bye and didn't so you have to assume its a downhill slide from here on in.
I'm tipping Blues on the big ground (just).

In Richmond's defence they have just played 2nd through sixth on the ladder in the last five weeks. The week before that they beat the current top side. Probably shows how tight the comp is.
Emmaus St Leo's best side in comp now they have their mojo back, look out!

In Richmond's defence they have just played 2nd through sixth on the ladder in the last five weeks. The week before that they beat the current top side. Probably shows how tight the comp is.
Emmaus St Leo's best side in comp now they have their mojo back, look out!

Emmaus are looking the goods at the moment and agree they are the hottest team in town!! Winning and winning big!

Still a great battle at the top. All the top side doing what they have too at this stage of the year!

Aquinas Gun recruit, Della, played his first game for the club on the weekend and looked very nooooiccceeee! Just a lazy 7!
I know the opposition wasn't too strong but the bloods are almost back to full strength and are looking to improve their unbeaten streak to 6 games in a big clash against Powerhouse this weekend!

On a side note, made it out to the Vein on Saturday to watch the match and full credit needs to go to the South Mornington boys. Stuck at it all day which I could only imagine would be a tough ask at this stage of their season. Didn't go the biff, didn't talk trash. Good bunch of guys who are just having a rough time of it.

Best of luck to them for the rest of the year!

Emmaus are looking the goods at the moment and agree they are the hottest team in town!! Winning and winning big!

Still a great battle at the top. All the top side doing what they have too at this stage of the year!

Aquinas Gun recruit, Della, played his first game for the club on the weekend and looked very nooooiccceeee! Just a lazy 7!
I know the opposition wasn't too strong but the bloods are almost back to full strength and are looking to improve their unbeaten streak to 6 games in a big clash against Powerhouse this weekend!

On a side note, made it out to the Vein on Saturday to watch the match and full credit needs to go to the South Mornington boys. Stuck at it all day which I could only imagine would be a tough ask at this stage of their season. Didn't go the biff, didn't talk trash. Good bunch of guys who are just having a rough time of it.

Great post, nice observation of south morning to well done

How is the great man, Russell Barnes, going? Clearly doing something right to have them right in contention. Long overdue for some success.

At this stage he is doing a awesome job at the bloods at the moment, l know its to early to say with half way to go in the season, but I've just got a funny feeling it wont be long before we win the big won, something in the air but we sure are overdue for some success :)

How is the great man, Russell Barnes, going? Clearly doing something right to have them right in contention. Long overdue for some success.

Russ is doing a fantastic of getting a young group to buy into his game plan and his style of coaching. Keeps its nice and simple which is what the young group needs.

Off the top of my head 96 was the last time we won a flag in the seniors. Going to be a tough ask this year, plenty of strong teams, could be anyone's on any given day.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree Bloodsru96, and l have notice that myself in keeping it nice and simple which will help the boys this year and years to come to move up the division. Guessing you must be a Aquinas support yourself? like myself

That is correct 96 was our last senior grand final and seeing Northern Blues and Swinburne University gonna be tough with the other clubs, gonna be a interesting end of the year for sure.

This week :
Emmaus St Leos - Eley Park
Richmond - South Mornington
Albert Park - La Trobe Uni
Power House - Aquinas
St Francis Xavier - UHS-VU
Swinburne Uni - Northern Blues

i feel terrible for south mornington, stick together fellas, the result in the reserves was eye-opening
richmond on the resurgence
Disappointing game from Eley Park, Aquinas and Swinburne from the looks of it

Richmonds reserves played against 13 players most of the day. Credit to the SM players for keeping on playing. It wasn't enjoyable, more like a training session.
I feel like the game should be called off after one side has a massive lead. Problem is everyone else has percentage to consider.

I didn't see the seniors, but that is a massive score for them.

The situation is made even worse with their players having to travel an hour every second weekend.

Della was impressive today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Della was impressive today!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAFAEYE, I think you may have made a mistake, Della didn't play yesterday, so he could not have been impressive! Suffered an injury so will miss a couple!

What was impressive though was powerhouse!!! There attack on the ball was the best I have seen all year!

Some pretty arrogant supporters and players, but hey, when you are winning you can be as arrogant as you want!

Richmonds reserves played against 13 players most of the day. Credit to the SM players for keeping on playing. It wasn't enjoyable, more like a training session.
I feel like the game should be called off after one side has a massive lead. Problem is everyone else has percentage to consider.

I didn't see the seniors, but that is a massive score for them.

The situation is made even worse with their players having to travel an hour every second weekend.

Couldn't agree more, kudos to South Mornington's Reserves players who played out the game, their intensity and tackling was fantastic, however there was nothing they could do when it is 13 vs 18 on the field. We couldn't let up as the percentage was important to us, not knowing that La Trobe was losing to Albert Park.
It is a pity that the other 10 players just didn't rock up and let down their teammates who put in a great effort. Especially a 15 year old younger brother of one of the senior players who filled in and played out the 2nd half in his Cons.

Couldn't agree more, kudos to South Mornington's Reserves players who played out the game, their intensity and tackling was fantastic, however there was nothing they could do when it is 13 vs 18 on the field. We couldn't let up as the percentage was important to us, not knowing that La Trobe was losing to Albert Park.
It is a pity that the other 10 players just didn't rock up and let down their teammates who put in a great effort. Especially a 15 year old younger brother of one of the senior players who filled in and played out the 2nd half in his Cons.

Hope he was registered

I know D3 reserves is serious business, but down in D4 I've been on both sides of the coin in matches like that and when one team has so few players the other team has given them a couple of their own to even up the numbers a bit.

Agreed Abba but with two up and two down, you have to think of percentage. About 3 years ago Willy CYs missed out on finals by the percentage of a single kick. No 1 Son had exactly the same thing in soccer last week, only seven guys from the opposition turned up and they got flogged by 20 goals. Lending players etc was seriously considered, but its a competitive league and about six teams are only separated by goal difference. What can you do?

Agreed Abba but with two up and two down, you have to think of percentage. About 3 years ago Willy CYs missed out on finals by the percentage of a single kick. No 1 Son had exactly the same thing in soccer last week, only seven guys from the opposition turned up and they got flogged by 20 goals. Lending players etc was seriously considered, but its a competitive league and about six teams are only separated by goal difference. What can you do?
I agree, but its hard seeing a team get done by 200 3 times in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back