D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think the VAFA let you use video footage in their tribunals anyway, and don't even think about having someone with a legal qualification represent the player, it's a total joke of a tribunal. It's a law unto itself
Pretty sure it is ok provided that the footage is submitted to the VAFA prior to 2pm on the Monday after the game.

Pretty sure it is ok provided that the footage is submitted to the VAFA prior to 2pm on the Monday after the game.

Not sure. The only mention is in rule 22 of appendix A (Rules of Procedure at Tribunal Hearings):

22. Any recording of a VAFA game made by or at the direction of the Association shall
be available for use by both the reporting umpire or umpires and by the reported
player, and shall be admissible in evidence at the hearing of a charge or complaint
by the Tribunal.

So that pretty much covers Premier A but doesn't say anything about club video. I seem to recall that if copies were made available to the other parties by 12pm Monday it could be used. Maybe someone with more time than I can ring Brianspeaking tomorrow and get the right info?

Chadstone Football invites applications for the following positions for the 2015 season;
-Assistant Senior Coach (playing or non-playing)
-Reserves Coach (playing or non-playing)
-Assistant Reserve Coach (playing or non-playing)
-Chairman of Selectors

Season 2015 will be Chadstone FC’s 50th anniversary. Senior coach Ken Schwab and the clubs committee are dedicated to improving the clubs on field performances and are looking for the right people to help achieve success.
If you are looking for one of the biggest challenges in the VAFA, then Chadstone FC can provide that for you next year.

Any queries can be directed to club President Steve Allsopp on 0415 997 669. Applications are to be submitted via email to chadstonefc@gmail.com Closing date 23rd September 2014

I suppose there has to be a closing date... Seems a bit rushed.

Today's games:
Emmaus St Leos - Power House
UHS-VU - St Francis Xavier
Albert Park - Richmond
Swinburne Uni
- South Mornington
Northern Blues - Aquinas
Eley Park - La Trobe Uni

Does anyone struggle to understand how Emmaus and Northern have their reserves at the bottom of the ladder, while having their seniors at the top? It seems they dont possess huge depth, my theory is they must have injury luck then

Does anyone struggle to understand how Emmaus and Northern have their reserves at the bottom of the ladder, while having their seniors at the top? It seems they dont possess huge depth, my theory is they must have injury luck then
The second time RC seniors beat the blues, one of their supporters made a comment that we had played their reserves. Not sure what they meant by that.

Anyway, RC are a real chance of finishing 4th. Tough game at Albert Park today, they lead for much of the second half but injuries seemed to take their toll on them in the fourth quarter. Massive rivalry game for them against Powerhouse next week. Winner takes all.

Fast pace game decided by a point out in Preston. Blues are a quality outfit. Too much run for us in the last. Very interesting potential finals game in the coming weeks based on yesterday. Looks like any one of four sides could win it with Emmaus probably still the team to beat.

It's pretty rare that none of the finals teams know who their first round opponent will be with one round to go. It's been a great season. Even relegation is still up for grabs.

So every game has something riding on it this week.

ESL @ AOC. - animals need a win to take out the minor prem. Bloods could finish 3rd,4th or 5th.
EP @ SM - EP need to win by ~230 points to get above Latrobes percentage.
SU @ RC - SU need to win to guarantee 3rd, but cant finish lower than 4th. If they lose to RC, they might play them again the following week. RC needs to win by about 6 goals to overtake AOC's percentage.
UHS @ LT - UHS seniors have nothing to play for, and neither do their reserves. LT's seniors can avoid relegation with a decent win, and their reserves need a win or they might be playing UHS again the following week.
PH @ AP - Wow. This is going to be a huge day at AP. Seniors is winner takes all, and so is reserves. Unless of course AP win close and Eley Park also win by 200+ over SM.
NB @ SFX - NB could finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd. SFX need a miracle.

What a great weekend of football!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With clubs leaving / joining the Ammos, and Lilydale going in / out of Clubbies, how many times in recent years have 2 clubs even been relegated from D3? I would have thought whoever finishes 11th this year would probably be safe anyway. Let's face it only South Mornington really need a break, they finished 11th last year and stayed up when they probably didn't want to. In 2012 Westbourne and Powerhouse were the bottom 2 but both stayed in D3, only Hawthorn went down and that was a punishment thing.

EP and LTU are obviously both competitive enough to stay up, both have strong 2's and even Clubbies sides so have plenty of depth.

i noticed the division 4 team of the year was out
Any ideas who made the Div 3 team?
Any shocks or snubs?

i noticed the division 4 team of the year was out
Any ideas who made the Div 3 team?
Any shocks or snubs?
There will be some certainties i think
Roy from Richmond
Dimma from SFX
Captain from Emmaus, forgot his name, and their full forward
Marcon from the Blues
And No.18 from Latrobe

Aquinas - Emmaus St Leos
South Mornington - Eley Park
Richmond
- Swinburne Uni
La Trobe Uni - UHS-VU
Albert Park - Power House
St Francis Xavier - Northern Blues

Well done to the blues on winning the minor premiership. Not quite the 18-0 they predicted, but a pretty good result coming up from D4.

Am I the only one who thinks it is ludicrous that the 3 clubs with Seniors and Reserves in finals are all playing at either different venues or on different days?

Aquinas at Clayton Saturday and then Essendon Sunday.
Swinburne at Clayton Saturday and Sunday.
Then worst of all Richmond reserves at Clayton Sunday and then have to drive out to Essendon to watch the seniors.

Am I the only one who thinks it is ludicrous that the 3 clubs with Seniors and Reserves in finals are all playing at either different venues or on different days?

Then worst of all Richmond reserves at Clayton Sunday and then have to drive out to Essendon to watch the seniors.
Thats a shocker, whats even worse is i dont even know who vs who next week, who does the highest placed loser play?
Who does the winner of emmaus and richmond play?

Thats a shocker, whats even worse is i dont even know who vs who next week, who does the highest placed loser play?
Who does the winner of emmaus and richmond play?

It will all depend on who wins.

If Richmond were to win, then the loser of Aquinas and Swinburne will be out (if northern beat AP)

For the second round, the highest ranked winner (you think will be Northern) will play the highest place loser. So if Emmaus were to get done against Richmond, they would face Northern in the Prelim.

If it goes by the ladder and Northern, Emmaus and Aquinas all win, then the prelims would be, Northern V Swinburne & Emmaus V Aquinas.

It'll be changed, no way do RC have the support staff to service the teams with how it is set up.

The VAFA obviously didn't think about that when doing the fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back