D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eley Park heading over for a hitout against Albert Park on Sunday. Should be interesting to get an early read on the step-up from Div 4.

I used to play for West Canberra as a junior and we (RCAFC) have got an ex Belconnen and an ex Tuggeranong joining our ranks this year... bit of a Canberra feel to D3 mate!

I used to play for West Canberra as a junior and we (RCAFC) have got an ex Belconnen and an ex Tuggeranong joining our ranks this year... bit of a Canberra feel to D3 mate!
How recently/how long was the Belconnen player up there? I've been down here for about 4 years now, but maybe I knew him.

Who do people seem to think the favourite is at this stage?

Generally the favourite is the side that posts the least on bigfooty. So that makes it very hard to pick a winner this year!

Seriously though... Northern blues will be pretty handy. UHS have been very quiet. Swinburne seem to have improved (always struggle in june/july though)

Generally the favourite is the side that posts the least on bigfooty. So that makes it very hard to pick a winner this year!

Seriously though... Northern blues will be pretty handy. UHS have been very quiet. Swinburne seem to have improved (always struggle in june/july though)
Does it seem like a big call on Northern since they finished 6th last year in the division 4?

Does it seem like a big call on Northern since they finished 6th last year in the division 4?

Very young and did win the flag from 6th so I reckon he could be on the money. Swinburne seem to have had a massive influx of players this year.

Didn't they beat a Div 2 side in practice matches on the weekend? Not that practice matches mean much, but they've obviously improved a lot.

Are people forgetting they actually won the flag in their first season outside an Unders comp???!!!! My tip is for them to go rocketing out of the "D" grades very quickly.

Anyone know how the emmaus vs box hill north 1's and 2's went yesterday. Good to see Ammos clubs playing each other regardless of division

Looks like a few sides could be struggling for numbers and others are flush with them. Had a look at the clearances for all clubs just couldn't get Power House or Aquinas. La Trobe with 38 "ins" and only 14 "outs" Northen Blues have 30 in and only 10 outs. Only teams not to have any Ins at the minute are Emmaus St Leo's (4 outs) and South Mornington (12 outs) Could be a long year from some clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes
38 in's is impressive, but is that normal for a uni side?
yes it s normal but some years its a bit more and some its a bit less and most of the lower uni sides dont tend to get the very best of the country footballers as they go home to the country and get payed big bucks to do so. you can not balme them play for nicks and do it tough or go home for big bucks and make uni a bit easier

Yeah the blues will be strong... They were undefeated last year in the u19s before dragging there top players into the ones to get them into the finals and sweeping their way through. If they have kept those young blokes they should punch their way through the divisions

yes

yes it s normal but some years its a bit more and some its a bit less and most of the lower uni sides dont tend to get the very best of the country footballers as they go home to the country and get payed big bucks to do so. you can not balme them play for nicks and do it tough or go home for big bucks and make uni a bit easier

Make that 44 IN's!!!! and only 16 outs!

Hopefully get to see someone running around in a number 115 jumper! you know you're struggling if that's the number allotted to you

So round 1 is upon us. What are everyone's tips?

Emmaus St Leos vs Aquinas
UHS-VU vs La Trobe
Eley Park vs Sth Mornington
Richmond Central vs St Francis
Albert Park vs Nth Blues
Swinburne vs Powerhouse

Northen Blues by 15 goals
Swinburne by 20 goals

some pretty solid wins there!

First round is always tough - will be interesting to see the results, particularly how the teams new to the div go.

UHS-VU vs La Trobe
Albert Park vs Nth Blues
Swinburne vs Powerhouse

UHS-VU vs La Trobe
Albert Park vs Nth Blues
Swinburne vs Powerhouse