D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
an undermanned side is always going to get smashed. Just win more games and then % means dick all
Percentage usually decides who makes finals or not, definitely a factor. Every club is trying to win more games, so id say percentage will mean something to some teams... probably more than dick all.

Tips Round 3:

Progressive 9/12

La Trobe 5 points
UHS-VU 10 goals
Swinburne 20 goals
Eley Park 5 goals
Northern Blues 10 points
St Francis 10 goals

I'm cruising at 12/12 VAFA D3 tipping...

Animals v La Trobe
UHSVU v Powerhouse
South Morn v Swinburne
EP
v Aquinas
RC v Northern
SFX v Albert Park

This is a hard round to pick... 3 games out of the 6 should be close.

Interesting start to the year with 4 clubs 2-0, 4 clubs 1-1 and 4 clubs 0-2. Will there be a big divide in the league this year? Or is this just an anomaly in the draw to start the season?

Interesting start to the year with 4 clubs 2-0, 4 clubs 1-1 and 4 clubs 0-2. Will there be a big divide in the league this year? Or is this just an anomaly in the draw to start the season?
Still too early to say, i think the teams we expected to do well have been relatively good, an even competition would be good this year as there seem to be a few teams who can be capable of winning it this year, do we think there are any pretenders this season

Still too early to say, i think the teams we expected to do well have been relatively good, an even competition would be good this year as there seem to be a few teams who can be capable of winning it this year, do we think there are any pretenders this season

It will be very tight for the top 6 this year, with percentage almost certain to cost someone a spot. Contenders will have to try to smash weaker sides, as awful as that sounds.

It will be very tight for the top 6 this year, with percentage almost certain to cost someone a spot. Contenders will have to try to smash weaker sides, as awful as that sounds.

So who will be fighting for spots then?

Seems like a cop out to me Big Waz when not a single division of the finals of senior grade football in the VAFA last year was decided by percentage.

So who will be fighting for spots then?

Seems like a cop out to me Big Waz when not a single division of the finals of senior grade football in the VAFA last year was decided by percentage.
Richmond and UHS-VU in my opinion will be up there, both looked good early and are solid teams

I'll give my two bobs worth (have been know to be well off the mark)

1- Northern Blues 17 wins
2- UHS-VU 14 Wins
3- Swinburne Uni 14 Wins
4- Eley Park 13 Wins
5- Richmond Central 12 Wins
6- St Francis Xavier 12 wins

7- La Trobe Uni 9 Wins
8- Aquinas 6 Wins
9- Emmaus St Leos 5 Wins
10- Albert Park 4 Wins
11- Power House 2 Wins
12- South Mornington 0 Wins

So I'm tipping that percentage won't be a factor, teams who get South and Power House twice will benefit.

I agree Simon, I reckon there will be clear delineation. My major differences are that I would probably shuffle 3-6 a little

Not so sure. Yarra valley wore the slacks. Elsternwick last year. Did Kew also go formal?

I think it's fairly ridiculous. Who wants to wear slacks on the weekend? I would prefer the rip off track suit ala the globetrotters. Or badass bandanas or something.

Down at RC we prefer our players not to show up sporting a hangover.
Think that's an unreasonable expectation in D3 bigwaz. If I was keen to wear slacks to footy and have a sober Friday night I'd go play D2.

2- UHS-VU 14 Wins
3- Swinburne Uni 14 Wins
4- Eley Park 13 Wins

7- La Trobe Uni 9 Wins
8- Aquinas 6 Wins
9- Emmaus St Leos 5 Wins
10- Albert Park 4 Wins
11- Power House 2 Wins

So I'm tipping that percentage won't be a factor, teams who get South and Power House twice will benefit.

Who will the blues lose to? Running sides have a hard time playing at swinburne, especially if its muddy... They beat the premiers there last year...

2- UHS-VU 14 Wins
3- Swinburne Uni 14 Wins
4- Eley Park 13 Wins

7- La Trobe Uni 9 Wins
8- Aquinas 6 Wins
9- Emmaus St Leos 5 Wins
10- Albert Park 4 Wins
11- Power House 2 Wins

prob double that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collegians 2011 and 2012 (Prem)
Old Xavs 2009 and 2010 (Prem)
Old Xavs 1995-2000 (Prem)
Ormond 1987-1990 (Prem)
Collegians 1992-93 (Prem)

SO yeah it's been done a bit

Early days to tip NB for the flag... What is the status of their reserves? They seem to be getting pummelled... Their u19's aren't going so well either, but I think they're in a pretty good division (3 out of 5?).

Early days to tip NB for the flag... What is the status of their reserves? They seem to be getting pummelled... Their u19's aren't going so well either, but I think they're in a pretty good division (3 out of 5?).

Their reserves are okay, though it's hard to see them climbing more than a few rungs up the ladder. A little hard to tell why they aren't as competitive when their seniors look so capable on any given day. Seems unusual to have that much of a gap between the two sides. Do most D3 reserves teams tend to end up in a similar position to the seniors, or are there some big variations?

Then EP's reserves must be ruddy awesome then!
Hard to tell how we stack up until we run into a few of the longtime D3 teams, really. Starting against South Mornington and the other promoted team probably isn't an accurate indicator of how the rest of the year will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back