Division 3 Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the two games this round but both with intense interest.

Reservoir vs Heidelberg West The Mustangs need a massive win to lift their percentage if they want that double chance.
Thomastown vs Watsonia Both teams travelling well with the Bears a bit more consistent than the Sainters.

Watsonia
Panton Hill
Thomastown

Final ladder
Panton Hill 56
Thomastown 44
Watsonia 44
Reservoir 40

Thomastown, with 2 games to play should overhaul Watsonia's percentage.

I would have liked to see Watsonia grab the double chance as they have shown vast improvement this season.

Should be a straightforward round this week, but then again .....

Watsonia vs Parkside The Saints have bee the revelation of the season while the Devils have been the reverse
Heidelberg West vs Panton Hill The Redbacks are now probably the most consistent outfit in tis division and the same can't be said or the Hawks
St Marys vs Thomastown Although they have struggled at crucial times the Bears should easily take down the Sainters

Watsonia
Panton Hill
Thomastown

Final ladder
Panton Hill 56
Thomastown 44
Watsonia 44
Reservoir 40

Thomastown, with 2 games to play should overhaul Watsonia's percentage.

I would have liked to see Watsonia grab the double chance as they have shown vast improvement this season.

Well you got your wish Tigerkelly :D

Don't understand Parksides attitude to the game yesterday. Came out sniping knowing we couldn't retaliate with finals around the corner. Gutless!
Then a player gets sent off with 2 mins to go till the end of the 2nd q and starts on the ground in the 3rd. :thumbsdown:
The umpires say there is nothing they could do but put it in there match report!
Another player had been sent off earlier but they knew to keep him off for a further 5 mins! Go figure

The final round and at least the three teams nor partaking in finals action get to finish out the season with a game.

Panton Hill vs Reservoir A good finals tuneup for both teams
Thomastown vs Heidelberg West The Hawks horror season gladly will end, probably with a thumping
Parkside vs St Marys Don't know about this one, just a feeling

Business end of the season has finally arrived
What are your thoughts on the first week, what are the key points for each team to win and who would you like to win, not necessarily the team you think will win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's finally arrived - crunch time for the top four teams that have been this way all season.

First Semi.
Thomastown vs Reservoir Both have struggled with consistency during the season and think the Bears might just have the edge in a close game
Second Semi
Panton Hill vs Watsonia The Redbacks have been the premiership favourites since the pre-season and should be the first team into the Grannie

Mmmm, two teams who's form has been a bit up and down although congrats to both on making the penultimate game. And interestingly, both with first year coaches and young bucks at that !

Watsonia vs Thomastown

I'll be having a look at the Grand Final this weekend, see who we're playing next year... ;)

Seniors
Panton Hill Vs Watsonia - As much as I (and a whole lot of people involved in the NFL) want Watsonia to win, Panton Hill are the hot favourites and I think they won't waste a second opportunity to go into Division Two in 2014, also breaking a long premiership drought.

Reserves
Watsonia V Panton Hill - should be a close game but I think Watsonia will get up.

What's every-ones thoughts on saturdays games.
Seniors - I believe Panton Hill can break the drought and win their first flag since the 1950s.
Reserves -- Panton Hill by a slender margin

Best of luck to "Doc" and the old Tiges. Suspect a few may rack the cue if the Redbacks get the chocolates. Would also be nice to farewell Abe with a premiership - champion who has overcome adversity and deserves to go out on top.

Think the big ground doesn't suit P/Hill , il go with Watsonia.
Panton Hill beat Watsonia by 44 points and had 19 more scoring shots in the 2nd semi on the big ground. What do you think has changed in two weeks steppinup.

What an absolutely unbelievable game of football! Credit to both sides, Panton Hill well done and well deserved after a great season - see you in Div 2 in 2014, Watsonia bitterly unfortunate not to win on the day but it's great to see them take it right up after finishing dead last last season.

Terrific game. Div 2 has a lot to live up to next week.

P9070183_zpsbf69d506.jpg

Two great games of footy on the weekend. Well done to the Hillers on their win. Good luck next year.
To our boys proud of every single one them took it right up to them and played their hearts out.
To our Reserves fantastic effort PREMIERS. Great night at the club where ALL players celebrated the ressies win.
GO WATS lets go for the next step next year.

Great effort by Panton Hill to claim the Div 3 premiership after coming close a few times especially when you consider they didn't have a ground this year...

hearing that the villain from the Div2 Gf has signed on with the lions for 2014?? anyone heard this or any other early recruiting/ coaching changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back