D4 Division 4 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very ridiculous from a league perspective they could have just not let the grammarians in the leauge and kept the now team known as the suns having seniors, reserves and 19s but they chose to let them in with certain agreements from both sides from what I've been told, now the vafa will most likley end up with both sides not being able to field a seniors because of the suns not having a senior team as they are all at the grammarians but on the upside the juniors have more intrest from players more then ever and the under 19s have about 25 players so the future does look bright for them
Future bright for the Suns good call. I think it is too they are in a new area with plenty of growth and everyone wishes them well. Deep down even the Grammarians boys I am sure wouldnt want to see their mates struggle.

I respectfully disagree with you two. We had a similar situation with Oakleigh and the forum comments and lies getting out of hand. Exactly the same problem is developing here.

To paraphrase, it would be great if we got informed statements from those actually involved with the clubs in question in a position of authority.

As this is almost certainly not happening, I'm stopping the continued conjecture, incorrect comment, and outright lies. Things may not on the surface have been derogatory or inflammatory but you can believe they have been when quoted outside BigFooty.

Believe me, I'd love to jump into the discussion, I know a lot about this situation as it has developed over the last year or more. This is how I can be sure I am acting on conjecture, incorrect comment, and outright lies and dealing with the derogatory and inflammatory. Unfortunately despite taking a neutral position I am clearly identified as being on one side - whatever I say I'm either a turncoat or sleeping with the enemy. Just like umpiring, really.

TT, you can pick up the phone any time and talk to the people involved.

Despite the outside interest in a very fluid situation, I'm not prepared to let either side of this battle hijack the D4 thread and stir up any more ill feeling than there already is.

Must be a tough position being stuck in the middle of being impartial and getting an ear bashing. I think all will be revealed soon enough and all the talk will stop anyway no need to close down discussion it will ramp up agin once a decision is made and then its gone forgood.

I respectfully disagree with you two. We had a similar situation with Oakleigh and the forum comments and lies getting out of hand. Exactly the same problem is developing here.

To paraphrase, it would be great if we got informed statements from those actually involved with the clubs in question in a position of authority.

As this is almost certainly not happening, I'm stopping the continued conjecture, incorrect comment, and outright lies. Things may not on the surface have been derogatory or inflammatory but you can believe they have been when quoted outside BigFooty.

Believe me, I'd love to jump into the discussion, I know a lot about this situation as it has developed over the last year or more. This is how I can be sure I am acting on conjecture, incorrect comment, and outright lies and dealing with the derogatory and inflammatory. Unfortunately despite taking a neutral position I am clearly identified as being on one side - whatever I say I'm either a turncoat or sleeping with the enemy. Just like umpiring, really.

TT, you can pick up the phone any time and talk to the people involved.

Despite the outside interest in a very fluid situation, I'm not prepared to let either side of this battle hijack the D4 thread and stir up any more ill feeling than there already is.

OTP, which club are you affiliated with and what position do you hold?
Perhaps you could let us in on some FACTS?
I'm sure you'll explain both sides of the story

Like I said, you're in a position to pick up the phone and get it from the horses mouth.

Such is life.

I agree with some of posters, if you are in a position to set things straight, why wouldn't you?
From an outsiders perspective, I have nothing against either of the clubs and I encourage the growth in the west, my grievance is with the VAFA. Why would they agree to such a ridiculous compromise. But, then again maybe they haven't.....
This discussion is extremely topical at the moment as it effects every other club in D4. How can each club plan their year when no one knows where each team stands??

The 2014 Div 4 fixture is out. Wyndham Suns and Westbourne Grammarians both in, therefore 2 byes each, plus no games on 3 other weekends (Easter, Queens B'Day and July 12) 5 weekends in a season with no footy. That's rubbish.
Good for old blokes like me though!

The 2014 Div 4 fixture is out. Wyndham Suns and Westbourne Grammarians both in, therefore 2 byes each, plus no games on 3 other weekends (Easter, Queens B'Day and July 12) 5 weekends in a season with no footy. That's rubbish.

That will change soon enough.

Who called the fun police. Woweee
I always thought this whole site was set up to talk about the big issues.
Something not right here.
But anyway,

The bye is pain in the butt. Haven't played in a comp with a bye for many years. You wouldn't want the bye after the long weekend. Two weeks off.

Anyone back training yet.
How we looking numbers wise

Suns 17-20 players on the track for training

Mt lillydale will be lucky to get a side good reason there in club 18's

Box hill North will be ok for numbers if they just pick up a few more around 40 back

Burnswick look good with there numbers and skills on the track.

Westbourne i hear have had a s**t load of blokes on the track they go back tonight expecting around 60

chadstone are lacking a bit once again this year 30-40

thats all i know

Great effort mate.
You definitely have your ear to the ground.
Good to hear plenty of numbers across the comp.
Shapes as a cracker if it goes as normal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you post a link to the fixture please.

Both Brunswicks looking very strong, PC and Westbourne with good numbers, BHN have had a lot of player interest and training turnout is growing, Chadstone only started last week and are very happy with initial numbers including new faces, Cobras have quite a few new faces - unfortunately these are the only ones at training regularly.

Can anyone update on Hawks? Dragons?

Further update on 'goings on' - cars on empty at start of training may be full at the end of training. . .

Both Brunswicks looking very strong, PC and Westbourne with good numbers, BHN have had a lot of player interest and training turnout is growing, Chadstone only started last week and are very happy with initial numbers including new faces, Cobras have quite a few new faces - unfortunately these are the only ones at training regularly.

Can anyone update on Hawks? Dragons?

Further update on 'goings on' - cars on empty at start of training may be full at the end of training. . .

Hawthorn getting low 20s, solid looking blokes and a few off season beards most notable thing at training.

Fixture out, with both WS and WG involved in both seniors and reserves. A team with a bye also suggests that they have a back up option should a side not be able to get a team up

I would think that we would know the final teams by around March 1st-4th as thats the deadline for the leauge for payment of teams fee's and i would be thinking the new club Westbourne wouldnt have money to folk out just to bluff The suns or even the other way round.

No team wants to pay fee's for that team whos not going to play

As im not fussed who my team plays i just want to game dont want to drive to the other side of the city and find out theres no game or team to play

He was definitely not coaching until an offer was made to him. Certainly MUCH more than Eley Park has previously re-imbursed.

You are making Ken sound like a mercenary which is not the case. Ken discussed his leaving the club two seasons ago and put plans in place to leave the club in a strong position with Troy Sigalas taking over from him. Ken discussed with us towards the end of last year that he'd had an offer from Chaddy that would challenge him with a fresh set of blokes. Money was never a factor in his decision. We wish him all the best and all of us know he will have Chadstone up and running in no time.

You are making Ken sound like a mercenary which is not the case. Ken discussed his leaving the club two seasons ago and put plans in place to leave the club in a strong position with Troy Sigalas taking over from him. Ken discussed with us towards the end of last year that he'd had an offer from Chaddy that would challenge him with a fresh set of blokes. Money was never a factor in his decision. We wish him all the best and all of us know he will have Chadstone up and running in no time.
Not at all - and as I said the surprise of D4 and I have predicted Chaddy to win 3. I have great respect for Ken but know that he wasn't going to go around again. Chaddy came in with a big offer and he took it. Didn't mean in any way to suggest that he duded EP or anyone.

hey all,

just moved to hawthorn from Qld and looking to play footy. Work in Mt. Waverley so anywhere between the two is ideal. Anyone know any clubs near those areas that need numbers?
cheers,

craig
Hawthorn Amateurs play at Rathmines Rd Reserve in Hawthorn East Craig.
Training at Lynden Park in Camberwell on Monday Nights and St James Park on Wednesday nights. Check our website for further info hafc.com.au

Hawthorn Amateurs play at Rathmines Rd Reserve in Hawthorn East Craig.
Training at Lynden Park in Camberwell on Monday Nights and St James Park on Wednesday nights. Check our website for further info hafc.com.au

Was over the road from St James Park last night. Was that Hawthorn out on it. Looked to have ok numbers rolling through some competitive work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back