D4 Division 4 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so - good for the competition; not just Chadstone.
In what shape of form is anything good for Chadstone? With all due respect - actually with none - why would Chadstone's potential results be a consideration in anything the VAFA do. Surely the potential benefits to 34 other clubs outweigh going from 20 goal losses to 30 goal losses (on avg).

Regions wont work.

There is too big a divide between the best and worst, and the regions only limit dramatic travel.

Id rather travel an extra 30mins each way for a competitive game of footy.

It will only kill the clubs that have no chance of competing.

I am not against growing division 4, to a point where you could then cut division 3 back to 10 teams, have div 4 10 teams and then maybe have a Division 5.

We all actively sought to play in the VAFA. We all came knowing that travel was a possibility. The selling point is knowing that most weeks, your going to play against teams that on your day you can win and on their day you can lose.

Theres the opportunity to improve and move up the grades into a similar standard to what you grow into.

What more can you want?

Table Tennis, well said.

Why should the VAFA cater for those clubs wanting to come into the comp at the expense of those battling away already? If you want in, you should have done your research, and see that the VAFA entails travel and demotion/promotion.

Ruck Machine I tend to disagree with the fact that location based might sort itself out after 2-3 years. Even if does so 2-3 years is quite awhile to be getting touched up.

How would promotion work from the D2 East, West & South into D1? I would imagine that it would only be the Premier going up, as 6 D grade sides will not be able to be promoted/demoted each year. And what happens if all demoted sides from above are 'Eastern' for example, do you get shuffled across if you are less Eastern based than another side and get hit with travel West or South?

I think the current system works reasonably well, with finishing top 2nd possessing some sort of reward in promotion.

But certainly food for thought.

As an aside I am not sure that the VAFA would be throwing open the welcome mate to Parkside. Been in and left once before, would be interested to hear what the original reasons for leaving were and why would it be any different now?

[QUOTEO ver The Post, post: 34484665, member: 52548"]OK so what about all the other rumoured clubs coming across? Beans! Spill them![/QUOTE]

OTP. Without speaking out of school, are Wyndham looking at relaunching for seniors next year?

The u/19s obviously can play. Having a fair crack this year

Its very likely, I'm not involved with that side of the club so don't have a lot of information. My house has been a whirlwind of junior footy this year up to the U16s, the 19s have their own senior management group. I'm curious too.

Its very likely, I'm not involved with that side of the club so don't have a lot of information. My house has been a whirlwind of junior footy this year up to the U16s, the 19s have their own senior management group. I'm curious too.
OTP, isn't your missus the Secretary of Wyndham Suns? Is she keeping tight lipped?

No, she isn't being tight lipped, my house has been a whirlwind of junior footy this year up to the U16s, the 19s have their own senior management group.

As in, the president and U19s group are handling it. I'm sure there's something in the committee minutes but in this neck of the woods the pressing things are more to do with all our junior teams making finals and making sure there's enough volunteers from around the club to allow all the U14 parents to watch their kids play in the GF without having to fill gameday roles, plus man the gates at Wootten Rd.

No, she isn't being tight lipped, my house has been a whirlwind of junior footy this year up to the U16s, the 19s have their own senior management group.

As in, the president and U19s group are handling it. I'm sure there's something in the committee minutes but in this neck of the woods the pressing things are more to do with all our junior teams making finals and making sure there's enough volunteers from around the club to allow all the U14 parents to watch their kids play in the GF without having to fill gameday roles, plus man the gates at Wootten Rd.
Why don't you just ask her mate? Then you can fill us all in...

Why don't you just ask her mate? Then you can fill us all in...

In what shape of form is anything good for Chadstone? With all due respect - actually with none - why would Chadstone's potential results be a consideration in anything the VAFA do. Surely the potential benefits to 34 other clubs outweigh going from 20 goal losses to 30 goal losses (on avg).

I think you've missed the point of the reply. Someone above said that there would be good news for Chadstone in 2015. I was suggesting that good news for Chadstone would also be good news for the competition. Nothing to do with the VAFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If you are looking for one of the biggest challenges in the VAFA, then Chadstone FC can provide that for you next year."

At least their honest. Good on Schwaby for sticking around another year. Definately on the improve but cant help but notice that they've stacked their twos to get a few wins. I dont blame them - 1 win is better than none and it gets some morale up around the club.

Interesting concept you think Chadstone have stacked the reserves.... Heard word "boots" is out for the season but can't understand why polkinghorne didn't play on the weekend. Looking at the names playing 2's lately they have only had adam farruiga who has kicked goals in the seniors.

Goodluck to the boys down at Chaddy, Schwaby must be pulling his hair out!!

"If you are looking for one of the biggest challenges in the VAFA, then Chadstone FC can provide that for you next year."

At least their honest. Good on Schwaby for sticking around another year. Definately on the improve but cant help but notice that they've stacked their twos to get a few wins. I dont blame them - 1 win is better than none and it gets some morale up around the club.

Interesting concept you think Chadstone have stacked the reserves.... Heard word "boots" is out for the season but can't understand why polkinghorne didn't play on the weekend. Looking at the names playing 2's lately they have only had adam farruiga who has kicked goals in the seniors.

Goodluck to the boys down at Chaddy, Schwaby must be pulling his hair out!!

Boots out for the season would be huge for them. He has had a fantastic season. Ripping bloke who has carried the side on his shoulders this year.

Well said Miao Miao, Aka Table tennis.
Boots is a Ripper.
Skillful, great in the air. One of the best I've seen this year. Would go close to league medal in a top 6 side.

At least their honest. Good on Schwaby for sticking around another year. Definitely on the improve but cant help but notice that they've stacked their twos to get a few wins. I dont blame them - 1 win is better than none and it gets some morale up around the club.
For footy players looking to get some really good footy training, skills enhancement and an insight to what makes a great team and a good club environment, don't underestimate my comments about 2015. Please.

Point Cook FC COMEDY NIGHT
After our stoush for the battle of the West with the Private school kids, Point Cook FC will be hosting a Comedy night with our very own Brett Hunter Headlining with special guest Ricky "God Fighter" Nixon. This will take place at our clubrooms at Saltwater Reserve in Point Cook and we welcome any opposition clubs if they want to get involved and have a good night out, bit of a laugh and celebrate the 2014 season. (for some of us its over)
There will be a spit going and nibblies, and a bar stocked to excess to cater your every need.
night kicks off at 7:30pm - which will include the final 6 rounds of our best and fairest counts for Seniors, Reserves and Colts sides which will take about 30 mins, then onto the comedy.
$20 entry at the door, food and drink at bar and canteen prices.
#toottoot

Seniors

North Bruns v Point Cook (2 Points)
Manningham v Dragons (132 points)
West Bruns v Chadstone (186 points)
Westbourne v Canterbury (25 points)
BHN v Hawthorn (225 points)

Reserves
North Bruns v Point Cook (15 points)
Manningham v Dragons (83 points)
West Bruns v Chadstone (147 points - I can't tip them this week, draw hangover)
Westbourne v Canterbury (38 points)
BHN v Hawthorn (176 points)

I hope Manningham can sneak into the GF. Would be good to see one of the D4 stayers get up a grade, rather than the Hawthorn/West Brunswick revolving door.

I hope Manningham can sneak into the GF. Would be good to see one of the D4 stayers get up a grade, rather than the Hawthorn/West Brunswick revolving door.
Stick to the D3 thread then Wazza haha

The WB v Chaddy reserves must have been a good game. I don't think I've ever seen 50 goals from one side in a game!

Box Hill North supporters did a good job of making fools of themselves after the game today. If you get beaten by plenty, don't have a crack at your opposition and say they're paying players. Idiots.

Looks like Manningham will have to beat West Brunswick to make sure they make the finals, that is if Point Cook don't spoil Westbournes late season party. How costly could that slip up today be for Manningham.
Life in D4 yet!
Agreed Fosters, can't recall 50 in a game either. Better than one every 2 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back