D4 Division 4 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which is the bigger shock, Hawthorn losing the seniors or WB losing the reserves? Has a team that ended the season with a percentage of 914 ever lost the grand final?

It would be a weird feeling at both clubs today, although I guess less so for WB seeing as they got the important one.

Red Ross

Senior List
Apr 29, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Well what a turn up that was in both 1's and 2's.

Been away for a month and tune in and see this, although I can't seem to understand the amount of ill will directed at the Hawks. They were clearly the best side for the year, and messed up once. Hardly a hanging offence.

Is this a historical thing or recent?

Anyway well done to the Magpies in the 1's and the Hawks in the 2's

A funny game Football!

DrongoJnr

Draftee
Nov 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawthorn have a history of falling over come September in D4 (2005, 2006, 2013 & 2014). I can't remember them missing finals in D4 actually.

Well done to their Reserves though ... West Brunswick's Ressies were so dominant I thought it would be a formality.

Red Gum

All Australian
May 3, 2006
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
"Good Old West Brunswick. They're champions you'll agree. West Brunswick will be premiers, just you wait and see!"
Every team heard that sung during the season. The Hawks just didn't get a chance to hear it until after the Grand Final.

Shame that we fell 4 points short in the early game, but as a twos player this year I can honestly say that we all shared in a great victory for the club.

Best of luck to all of you in D4 next year.

heslop

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im tipping none of us on here were tipping the Northern Blues to play in D2 in 2015 when they just fell into the top 6 last year.

What an effort.
Im sure nobody did, and they finished on top of d3 after finishing 6th last season
Interesting to see how they go next season

plums

Rookie
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
My office job can lead to boredom.

Grand finalist stats.

Seniors

First 3 games WB v HAW
West Brunswick - 50 scores for 180 points
Hawthorn - 88 scores for 318 points

Grand Final
West Brunswick - 31 scores for 121 points
Hawthorn - 23 scores for 83 points

Reserves

First 3 games WB v HAW
West Brunswick - 73 scores for 237 points
Hawthorn - 30 scores for 115 points

Grand Final
West Brunswick - 11 scores for 51 points
Hawthorn - 20 scores for 55 points

Huge changes .... Massive effort by both sides who won. As a mutual observer, both games very physical.

Whompa

Draftee
Aug 1, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
hawthorn ammos
My office job can lead to boredom.

Grand finalist stats.

Seniors

First 3 games WB v HAW
West Brunswick - 50 scores for 180 points
Hawthorn - 88 scores for 318 points

Grand Final
West Brunswick - 31 scores for 121 points
Hawthorn - 23 scores for 83 points

Reserves

First 3 games WB v HAW
West Brunswick - 73 scores for 237 points
Hawthorn - 30 scores for 115 points

Grand Final
West Brunswick - 11 scores for 51 points
Hawthorn - 20 scores for 55 points

Huge changes .... Massive effort by both sides who won. As a mutual observer, both games very physical.

I play in the seniors at Hawthorn and I can say we were expecting a hard fought game, to WB's credit they came out and hit us very hard and deserved to win on the day. We didn't have a great game but that probably had more to do with the way they played. Full credit to them.

Hope to see both teams at the top end of the table next year.

plums

Rookie
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I play in the seniors at Hawthorn and I can say we were expecting a hard fought game, to WB's credit they came out and hit us very hard and deserved to win on the day. We didn't have a great game but that probably had more to do with the way they played. Full credit to them.

Hope to see both teams at the top end of the table next year.

Well Said. It was a quality game to watch. I'm sure the rivalry will only build into D3 next year. Best of Luck to all

So season 2015.

What does it look like?

Canterbury
Manningham
Westbourne
Box hill Nth
Point cook
Dragons
North Brunswick
Chadstone
Sth Mornington
Parkside
Mt.Lilydale?
Masala?
Wyndham Suns?

Already miss it, can't wait for next year

InFineForm

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2006
Hawthorn East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
So season 2015.

What does it look like?

Canterbury
Manningham
Westbourne
Box hill Nth
Point cook
Dragons
North Brunswick
Chadstone
Sth Mornington
Parkside
Mt.Lilydale?
Masala?
Wyndham Suns?

Already miss it, can't wait for next year
Are Parkside confirmed? If so, surely no more than 2 of the others come in? Are Mt Lilydale able to field two teams again? Last time they went out they were pretty old & struggling; nothing to indicate they'd be able to turn it around quickly...

Are Parkside confirmed? If so, surely no more than 2 of the others come in? Are Mt Lilydale able to field two teams again? Last time they went out they were pretty old & struggling; nothing to indicate they'd be able to turn it around quickly...

I Know Masala and Mt Lilydale have put in an application to come into D4

Wow - kudos to their administration if they've been able to pull it around again... Do we know anything about Masala? Are they more Northern Blues than Point Cook?

Masala won one game in Club 18's div one, and Mt Lilydale finished 3rd in the same comp

Red Ross

Senior List
Apr 29, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
As for my two cents worth - Parkside should not be welcome back to the VAFA. Anyone not aware of them, seek out someone who played against them in their last incarnation as an Amateur Club, and ask them what they think. And they made the choice to leave, have run out of money and now want back in!!!!! Let them field two Clubbies sides for a year to see how genuine they are about coming back to the VAFA.

The Suns have a lot of goodwill to make up after last years shenanigans. But along with Mt Lilydale have not previously been in and left the VAFA, so that would put them ahead of Parkside in my book. 12 is not ideal as it makes it a fixture not a draw, but it is a lot more workable than 13.

But who knows what the powers that be will work up. The regional based lower grades keeps getting bandied about, but I think from earlier discussions on this thread, it is not very practical as you could have the example of Chadstone, playing the 3rd ranked side of D2. Not ideal for a club trying to rebuild!

Enjoy the off season and I would imagine the draw will be sorted 9-11 days before the season starts!

Ross

As for my two cents worth - Parkside should not be welcome back to the VAFA. Anyone not aware of them, seek out someone who played against them in their last incarnation as an Amateur Club, and ask them what they think. And they made the choice to leave, have run out of money and now want back in!!!!! Let them field two Clubbies sides for a year to see how genuine they are about coming back to the VAFA.

The Suns have a lot of goodwill to make up after last years shenanigans. But along with Mt Lilydale have not previously been in and left the VAFA, so that would put them ahead of Parkside in my book. 12 is not ideal as it makes it a fixture not a draw, but it is a lot more workable than 13.

But who knows what the powers that be will work up. The regional based lower grades keeps getting bandied about, but I think from earlier discussions on this thread, it is not very practical as you could have the example of Chadstone, playing the 3rd ranked side of D2. Not ideal for a club trying to rebuild!

Enjoy the off season and I would imagine the draw will be sorted 9-11 days before the season starts!

Ross

I have no ill feeling towards to the Wyndham Suns for leaving it late to pull the pin. The situation between them and Westbourne was one that was outside the realm of normality. They were an established club with nearly 20 years in the VAFA, and some members went and started the new club which was a replica of the old club as the existing club was kicked off the school grounds. It was a messy situation and one were the dust needed to settle. I don't think everyone is quite across this and just thinks the Wyndham Suns were a new start up club.

Wyndham Suns fielded a strong u/19s side and could be one to watch in a few years with a pretty healthy junior program. Id rather have another strong club in the association. I hope they decide to stick with the VAFA, not only does it give a strong representation in the VAFA in the West, but imagine the Westbourne v Suns rivalry?

As for the lower grade zonal thing.

I have no problem travelling 40 to an hour or thereabouts every second weekend for a good game of footy.

bigwaz

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Masala can field two teams they will be top of the list to get in. The Vafa loves the diversity and they are strongly backed by the Richmond Tigers.

clint_mccoy

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2010
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne

Ross

Does anyone know when the vote/decision will be taken re Parkside rejoining the VAFA ?
I see on the NFL website that Banyule has been accepted into that league subject to Football Victoria rubber stamping the decision.

And I think, Red Ross, that you are being a bit hard on the current Parkside administration. A lot of water has flown under the bridge since they were last part of the VAFA and I would doubt that very few officials that were involved with the club way back in 2002 and prior are still actively involved now. Anyhow, each club administration is entitled, subject to member approval, to run a football club the best way they see fit at that current time and going forward. And the members did vote to move back to the VAFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back