D4 Division 4 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you two play for west Brunswick or is Canterbury really that underrated?

No mate don't play for West Brunswick and cant speak for Fosters. My tip for West Brunswick in the 1's was 28 points (not underrating Canterbury at all) and 100+ in the 2's. By the looks of result, if Canterbury can keep senior squad fit they will be right thereabouts come end of year.

Dragons over BHN - channelling BT. WOWEE! That could hurt BHN later in the year. Or have Dragons turned it around. A good result for D4.

Some interesting games this week:

The two Derby's

Westbourne v Point Cook
North v West Brunswick
To an extent takes ladder positions out of it, expect the unexpected.

Manningham v Hawthorn (Cobras on a run of form at the moment- great test)
Canterbury v Revitalised Dragons
BHN v Chadstone (BHN will look to hit back hard)

West Brunswick v Canterbury 1's was an interesting result. Seems like Hawthorns 1's have a very handy break on the field.

In saying this, WB's 2's look a step ahead of the field with their win over Canterbury's 2 in style on the weekend. Surely loads of these players would be capable of 1's selection.

Interesting mid table. This that loss to dragons will come back to bite BHN.

Who are the better players rolling around the 1's and 2's at the moment?

I think too many people are dismissing the dragons too early. Dragons have a lot of new faces from last year.. some quality bigs to give some support for Yap.. if he can stay healthy and round up the team they will give the finals a good ol crack come september. Big test this week against canterbury for the dragons
First time long time here! From what I have seen this season thus far.....

West Brunswick/Hawthorn

Canterbury
Westbourne
Manningham
Box Hill

Point Cook
North Brunswick

Chadstone
Dragons

Who are the best players in the comp? Hawks have stars, West Brunny are very well rounded and have MASSIVE depth.
Chadstone and Dragons will fight it out for the spoon at this stage. Yap could get the boys going or he could disappear again like last season when the going gets tough...
No mate don't play for West Brunswick and cant speak for Fosters. My tip for West Brunswick in the 1's was 28 points (not underrating Canterbury at all) and 100+ in the 2's. By the looks of result, if Canterbury can keep senior squad fit they will be right thereabouts come end of year.

Dragons over BHN - channelling BT. WOWEE! That could hurt BHN later in the year. Or have Dragons turned it around. A good result for D4.

Some interesting games this week:

The two Derby's

Westbourne v Point Cook
North v West Brunswick
To an extent takes ladder positions out of it, expect the unexpected.

Manningham v Hawthorn (Cobras on a run of form at the moment- great test)
Canterbury v Revitalised Dragons
BHN v Chadstone (BHN will look to hit back hard)

Haha well said. Hopefully this sun dries it out a bit for you guys.
What condition are other grounds in? Rathmines has dried out well.
Dragons is the best surface I've played on in a few years.
Manningham is a nice ground

Big win by Dragons this week!! Congratulations to the boys. must have worked hard for the 4 points. dahawkeye1 Not sure we have exactly written off the Dragons off too early.

Dragons losses in 2014
Point Cook- 35 points
Hawthorn- 131 points
Manningham- 85 points
West Brunswick- 77 points

Wins
North Brunswick- 6 points
Box Hill- 1 point

As I said... Fantastic win against the deamons but put everything into perspective. The next 2 weeks are massive for Dragons and their season in 2014.
Canterbury took it right up to West Brunswick which was really good to hear. Anyone head down to the match... Details?

Big win by Dragons this week!! Congratulations to the boys. must have worked hard for the 4 points. dahawkeye1 Not sure we have exactly written off the Dragons off too early.

Dragons losses in 2014
Point Cook- 35 points
Hawthorn- 131 points
Manningham- 85 points
West Brunswick- 77 points

Wins
North Brunswick- 6 points
Box Hill- 1 point

As I said... Fantastic win against the deamons but put everything into perspective. The next 2 weeks are massive for Dragons and their season in 2014.
Canterbury took it right up to West Brunswick which was really good to hear. Anyone head down to the match... Details?

Fair call Hideandseek. Should you take into account previous results this season, the 120-odd point loss prediction for last Saturday was potentially warranted. That being said, you'll start to see a difference in cattle once key snr players continue to return from injury / commitments.

Please also note that Dahawkeye has "positively trolled" (if there's such a thing) the Dragons on BF over the past few years - no one at the club knows who he is. No doubt he'll continue to bob up with some odd stuff throughout the season. In any case, we do appreciate your support mate!

Massive effort by Canterbury - based on that result alone, perhaps we now have a clear Top 3 instead of Top 2! Look forward to seeing the result of Hawthorn/WB on Sat week...

Sainterrr ive been following you lads for years now. I appreciate the way you fellas go about your footy. Dragons have since became my favourite local club as I just live around the corner from keeley. Have a BIG mancrush on Yap since watching him rip up the sfl the year he won B&F, just love the way he attacks the pill and uses it. I hope to see the dragons get some confidence after the nice win against BH and start playing some dragons football of old

sainterrr you are correct on the positive trolling from dahawkeye1 makes for some very interesting reading material at work. If memory serves me correctly you yourself had quite a crack at some clubs and players last season....... Assuming everyone starts a new season with a clean slate?
On a side note.... Yap clearly in the best 6 for Dragons every week, strategic in not naming him in the best players?

sainterrr you are correct on the positive trolling from dahawkeye1 makes for some very interesting reading material at work. If memory serves me correctly you yourself had quite a crack at some clubs and players last season....... Assuming everyone starts a new season with a clean slate?
On a side note.... Yap clearly in the best 6 for Dragons every week, strategic in not naming him in the best players?

Yes, I did have a crack at a certain few last season but that was only in response to targeted attacks and trolling directed at our footy club - most of which I felt was unwarranted or factually incorrect. Never once have I ever initiated drama on here; have only responded. Anyway, as you said, new season, new slate.

Yap is obviously special to us (he's our dual BnF'r and co-captain for a reason!) but unfortunately has been hindered by multiple injuries this year.

I'm going off tangent here, but I'd be curious about the standard of footy from D4 to D3. For those in the know, where would - say Hawthorn, WB or Canterbury - roughly rank in D3? Bottom or lower-mid table?

Yes, I did have a crack at a certain few last season but that was only in response to targeted attacks and trolling directed at our footy club - most of which I felt was unwarranted or factually incorrect. Never once have I ever initiated drama on here; have only responded. Anyway, as you said, new season, new slate.

Yap is obviously special to us (he's our dual BnF'r and co-captain for a reason!) but unfortunately has been hindered by multiple injuries this year.

I'm going off tangent here, but I'd be curious about the standard of footy from D4 to D3. For those in the know, where would - say Hawthorn, WB or Canterbury - roughly rank in D3? Bottom or lower-mid table?
Hard to say as teams change so much from year to year. Hawthorn played Emmaus St. Leo's in a praccy match this year and won by about 50 points but ESL were missing some key 1's players. I would say from previous experience, Hawks would be around the finals mark in D3. Haven't seen West Brunswick this year yet but from results would say they'd be similar mark. Canterbury would be competitive.

Looking at results in D3 this year the field looks very tight minus South Mornington.... Very tough to tell what would happen. I would think Hawthorn and West Brunswick would be fighting out in the finals but in my next breath I wouldnt be surprised if neither made finals it is that close.

How many boys will use the old 'sick' excuse tonight around the traps?

Hard to say as teams change so much from year to year. Hawthorn played Emmaus St. Leo's in a praccy match this year and won by about 50 points but ESL were missing some key 1's players. I would say from previous experience, Hawks would be around the finals mark in D3. Haven't seen West Brunswick this year yet but from results would say they'd be similar mark. Canterbury would be competitive.
a good indicator is always the previous years grand finalists which can give an insight
Northern is going well and The Sharks are competitive so you would think WB and Hawthorn would be around 6-8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seniors

North Brunswick v West Brunswick 38 points
Canterbury v Dragons 35 points
Box Hill North v Chadstone 78 points
Manningham v Hawthorn 98 points
Westbourne v Point Cook 55 points

Reserves

North Brunswick v West Brunswick 209 points
Canterbury v Dragons 5 points
Box Hill North v Chadstone 23 points (you heard it first here!)
Manningham v Hawthorn 209 points
Westbourne v Point Cook 134 points

West Brunswick
Canterbury (DANGER GAME)
Box Hill
Hawthorn
Westbourne

Who has car parking around their grounds for this week? I need to keep warm in the car it would appear

Seniors
West Brunswick 98 points
Canterbury 29 points
Box Hill North 54 points
Hawthorn 45 points
Westbourne 80 points

The Real Stuff
West Brunswick 188 points
Canterbury 60 points
Box Hill North 49 points
Hawthorn 85 points
Westbourne 150 points

Good to see a massive number of Point Cook players hang around for a few Carlton Draughts at Rathmines last week, even after a loss.
Who have had good or bad away team turn outs this year?

14_07_d4.gif

:thumbsu: Point Cook

14_07_d4.gif

:thumbsu: Point Cook
Over the post you are a disgrace you shutdown this forum because you didn't like the way people posted negative stuff about your beloved Suns and all you do is troll pages and make any comment to insult your former club.go to the nine teens section and make a comment their only come back to the div 4 section when you have a senior team. Better still remove yourself from the forum if you can't see past your bitterness move on everyone else has.

Over the post you are a disgrace you shutdown this forum because you didn't like the way people posted negative stuff about your beloved Suns and all you do is troll pages and make any comment to insult your former club.go to the nine teens section and make a comment their only come back to the div 4 section when you have a senior team. Better still remove yourself from the forum if you can't see past your bitterness move on everyone else has.
Agree this thread has been struggling after it was shut down and it makes it hard to find the new thread.

Was very petty to suspend the original thread.

Interesting results this week guys.... POINT COOK my hats off to you. Great result to be reading on a Monday morning! Yap gets back in the best for the Dragons finally and they look to have turned the corner. What happened out at BHN bloody hell!! Did Chadstone not turn up to play in the last or.........?? North Brunny against West Brunny looked to be a good battle but West coming home in the last half. Great start by north tho.

What a Round Coming up - every game offers something:

Obviously Hawks v WB a major interest, but a couple of the other games have massive implications for the year!

North Brunswick v Canterbury (29points) - NB appear a much better side at home but Canterbury keen to get within 4 points of a top 2 spot
Box Hill North v Manningham (8 points) - a pivotal game for both clubs here, can consol 4th
Dragons v Westbourne (15 points) - Dragons must win if have any chance this year
Hawthorn v West Brunswick (32 points) - At home hard to beat
Point Cook v Chadstone (58 points) - Must win for Point Cook to keep embers burning

2's

North Brunswick v Canterbury (65points)
Box Hill North v Manningham (48 points)
Dragons v Westbourne (105 points)
Hawthorn v West Brunswick (2 points)
Point Cook v Chadstone 23 points (you heard it first here!)

North Brunswick v Canterbury (7 goals)
Box Hill North v Manningham (1 goal) ... everbodys favourite to dominate the ruck :D.
Dragons v Westbourne (2 goals)
Hawthorn v West Brunswick (15 goals)
Point Cook v Chadstone (6 goals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back